Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
Azerbaijan is one of those countries that live at their own expense and pursues a consistent policy to fulfill the tasks ahead, President Ilham Aliyev said on Saturday.
The implementation of such a project demonstrates the development of Azerbaijan, said the president as he addressed a meeting with local residents during the ceremony of launching water supply and sewage systems in the city of Jalilabad, APA reported.
“Large funds are allocated for the realization of socio-economic projects in the country. We have quite a lot of financial opportunities,” he said.
The head of state noted that the implementation of drinking water projects in Azerbaijan has received a wide scope.
He stressed that that the issue of providing every city of the country with drinking water will be solved.
“We are approaching this goal while these issues are also solved in villages and settlements. We are using various opportunities to reach this goal. Cleaning devices are being installed in the villages located along the river banks, and at the same time, main water pipelines are being constructed. In a word, the problem with drinking water in Azerbaijan is fundamentally solved and will be solved,” the president said.
President Aliyev went on to say: “I can say that drinking water is also a factor that has the most positive effect on human health, because water is life, and pure water means a healthy life. Azerbaijani citizens should be healthy. The Azerbaijani state is taking many measures to achieve this goal. You are well aware of that the number of citizens who have undergone a free medical examination in the country for several years has reached five million. We provide this service free of charge, at the expense of the state.”
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 30.03.2012OSCE Office to organize training for young politicians
- 30.03.2012Baku City Executive Power responds Musavat Party’s appeal on holding congress
- 31.03.2012March 31 - Day of Azerbaijani Genocide
- 29.03.2012Draft law “The status of military servicemen” redeveloped in Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2012Ali Hasanov: “The issue of establishment of monument or museum complex in commemoration of the victims of genocide against Azerbaijanis is being discussed”
- 28.03.2012Azerbaijani President issues order on acceleration of socio-economic development of Balakan region