Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is one of safest countries worldwide
Public order is protected in Azerbaijan, and the criminogenic situation is under control in the country, said President Ilham Aliyev.
He made the remarks addressing the 6th congress of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party on Thursday, APA reports.
President Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan is one of the safest countries in the world.
“Azerbaijani citizens are well aware of this. Many tourists come to our country. Security and stability are the positive factors distinguishing us,” he said.
The policy carried out in Azerbaijan in recent years has proved successful, and there is stability in the country, said the president, adding. “As I said, stability is the key to every development. We see that over the last 5-6 years, there have been very serious, alarming processes in different parts of the world as well as in our region. Bloody clashes, wars, civil wars, gross intervention in domestic affairs, military interventions all are happening in front of our eyes. We see and all humanity sees clearly that there can be no development when stability is disturbed. It brings on great disasters and tragedies to peoples and countries. The fate of today's devastated countries that have lost their territorial integrity is a big question. That's why the picture of life and recent history shows that stability is a key. So how can stability be achieved? Only with proper policy which focuses on the people. We are pursuing this policy. I have said many times and I want to say again that the Azerbaijani citizen is in the center of our policy. So are his problems, concerns and well-being,” he said.
The head of state noted that the people-government unity is the main factor in ensuring stability in Azerbaijan.
“Today Azerbaijan is one of the most stable countries in the world and the people-government unity determines its successful development. Because our policy is supported by the public, who see that our policy produces concrete results,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 10.02.2018Umid (Hope) and Musavat Parties not to participate in presidential elections
- 10.02.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds republican meeting relating presidential elections
- 10.02.2018Official: NAP decision to nominate Ilham Aliyev for presidential election is supported by majority of Azerbaijani people
- 10.02.2018Tillerson sees tough talks with Turkey, others on Mideast trip
- 09.02.2018Ilgar Abbasov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 08.02.2018President Aliyev says political and economic reforms will continue in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party nominates Ilham Aliyev for upcoming presidential election - UPDATED
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC to develop mechanism for monitoring social networks
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party submits documents to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 08.02.2018Multiculturalism is lifestyle in Azerbaijan - President Aliyev
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani president: 2018 will be a year of rapid development
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan