Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is one of safest countries worldwide
Public order is protected in Azerbaijan, and the criminogenic situation is under control in the country, said President Ilham Aliyev.
He made the remarks addressing the 6th congress of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party on Thursday, APA reports.
President Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan is one of the safest countries in the world.
“Azerbaijani citizens are well aware of this. Many tourists come to our country. Security and stability are the positive factors distinguishing us,” he said.
The policy carried out in Azerbaijan in recent years has proved successful, and there is stability in the country, said the president, adding. “As I said, stability is the key to every development. We see that over the last 5-6 years, there have been very serious, alarming processes in different parts of the world as well as in our region. Bloody clashes, wars, civil wars, gross intervention in domestic affairs, military interventions all are happening in front of our eyes. We see and all humanity sees clearly that there can be no development when stability is disturbed. It brings on great disasters and tragedies to peoples and countries. The fate of today's devastated countries that have lost their territorial integrity is a big question. That's why the picture of life and recent history shows that stability is a key. So how can stability be achieved? Only with proper policy which focuses on the people. We are pursuing this policy. I have said many times and I want to say again that the Azerbaijani citizen is in the center of our policy. So are his problems, concerns and well-being,” he said.
The head of state noted that the people-government unity is the main factor in ensuring stability in Azerbaijan.
“Today Azerbaijan is one of the most stable countries in the world and the people-government unity determines its successful development. Because our policy is supported by the public, who see that our policy produces concrete results,” he added.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC to develop mechanism for monitoring social networks
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party submits documents to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 08.02.2018Multiculturalism is lifestyle in Azerbaijan - President Aliyev
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani president: 2018 will be a year of rapid development
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan