General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 17.01.2017ISESCO condemns ceasefire violations by Armenia in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 13.01.2017Iraqi forces make gains against Islamic State in Mosul
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing code of ethics for MPs
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing bill on crimes of genocide
- 12.01.2017PACE co-rapporteurs arrive in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Military capability of Nakhchivan is at the highest level"
- 11.01.2017Thorbjørn Jagland urges Armenia to return body of Azerbaijani serviceman, without delay
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to national leader in Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 10.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays condolence visit to Iranian embassy in Baku
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan enjoys great respect in Islamic world
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another priority of 2016 fulfilled – protection of foreign currency reserves
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has found solution to crisis that resulted from oil price drop
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijan declares 2017 Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 09.01.2017UN: Cyprus reunification 'difficult but possible'
- 09.01.2017Garib Mammadov awarded Shohrat order
- 07.01.2017An-178 aircrafts, Azerbaijan purchased from Ukraine, undergoing certification tests
- 06.01.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev approves Action Plan for marking anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 06.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament spring session to commence on Jan. 12
- 05.01.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 01.01.2017Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament wraps up autumn session
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament holds last meeting of 2016
- 30.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 65 times
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: ASAN service brought novelty into citizen-civil servant relationship
- 28.12.2016Ziyafat Asgarov: I don’t trust Minsk Group, we should count on our own power only
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2016Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference
- 24.12.2016Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 55 today
- 23.12.2016Malta's PM: Hijackers of Libyan plane used fake weapons
- 23.12.2016US imposes sanctions against Syrian Central Bank chief, cabinet members
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Code of Criminal Procedure
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani President issues order on payment of lump-sum financial assistance to veterans of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and their families
- 01.05.2014President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates several facilities in Aghdash District - UPDATED
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to law "On ensuring rights and freedoms of persons held in detention"
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Law “On Road Traffic”
- 29.04.2014Novruz Mammadov: “President Ilham Aliyev’s response to Sargsyan demonstrates the high level of Azerbaijan-Turkey relations”