General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 27.10.2016Ex-Azerbaijani communications minister not among witnesses in criminal case of ministry’s ex-official
- 27.10.2016Japan's Prince Mikasa, oldest imperial family member, dies at 100 leftright 2/2leftright
- 26.10.2016Initial agreement on Caspian seabed delimitation reached in Tehran
- 26.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of new Sri Lankan ambassador
- 23.10.2016Azerbaijani President: “Oil exporting countries faced big losses, the justice should be restored”
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan Judicial Council to get new powers
- 20.10.2016Hollande: "Normandy Four ministers to start preparing Donbass election in next few days"
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghstafa district for visit
- 19.10.2016Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan parl’t vice-speaker awarded order "For Service to Motherland"
- 18.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: No plans to change date of presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Armenia continues to break ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan celebrates 25th anniversary of independence
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijan has been passing through period of unprecedented economic growth since 2003
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijani Army among world’s strongest armies
- 17.10.2016Betrayed by APFP-Musavat alliance, Azerbaijan was at risk of losing independence – Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s energy policy highly appreciated by int’l community
- 17.10.2016Heydar Aliyev – founder of Azerbaijan’s independence, says Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Official reception held to mark 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence
- 15.10.2016The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan commented on the reports about protests against the actions of the traffic police in Goychay
- 15.10.2016101 gangs arrested in Baku this year
- 15.10.2016Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan’s independence was initially based on not-so-right postulate
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani national currency should bear image of Heydar Aliyev, says MP
- 14.10.2016Investors implementing investment projects in accordance with BOT model won’t pay duty
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 14.10.2016New volume of "Ilham Aliyev. Development is our goal" book published
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani MP: Prohibition to apply to persons who will study religion abroad after adoption of law
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments providing punishment for attempts to impede operations against religious extremism
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijan to tighten penalties for attempts to change power and Constitution on religious grounds
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss proposals to ban religious propaganda in public places
- 13.10.2016Fighting in Central African Republic kills at least 23
- 12.10.2016Case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-officials sent to court
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on developing draft legal acts on Referendum Act’s entry into force
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan to solemnly celebrate 25th anniversary of its independence
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC approves referendum results
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC cancels referendum results in three polling stations
- 11.10.2016CEC: Azerbaijan on par with leading European countries in terms of election
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan CEC sums up referendum results
- 10.10.2016Azerbaijan to wrap up referendum vote count on Oct. 11
- 08.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “Local products should be substantially cheaper than imported”
- 21.09.2016Proposed amendments to Azerbaijani Constitution aimed at improving governance
- 22.09.2016Powers of the State Border Service for checking of vehicles, goods and other property eliminated
- 22.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Mingachevir Industrial Park will bring the country foreign currency in large volumes"
- 21.09.2016Over 5,600 polling stations to be set up for Azerbaijani referendum
- 21.09.2016Referendum in Azerbaijan: Webcams to be installed at about 1,000 polling stations
- 19.09.2016Those detained in National Council rally sentenced to administrative arrest