General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 20.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev’s messages from Munich - Commentary
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijani PM to present government’s annual report to parliament in March
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson to present annual report to parliament on March 7
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission considers 100 pleas
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani MES holds meeting over adverse weather conditions
- 17.02.2017Ali Huseynli: Presidential order on improvement of penitentiary service – new stage of legal reforms in Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 16.02.2017Pardon Commission holds meeting
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan approves action plan on ‘Year of Islamic Solidarity’
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament to hold plenary session on Khojaly Genocide anniversary
- 15.02.2017US confirms use of depleted uranium in Syria
- 14.02.2017AMF starts placement of next bond issue
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves report on annual municipal activities
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP: Shahin Mirzayev who received asylum in Armenia was member of National Council
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins next plenary meeting
- 11.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijan is a key member of int’l community
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijani official: Lapshin's issue shouldn't be politicized
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 2.7 times decline in USD transactions
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan prepares bill on prevention of int’l crimes and punishment of perpetrators
- 09.02.2017Explosion at French nuclear plant, no contamination risk
- 07.02.2017US Embassy Warns of Possible Attacks on Baghdad Hotels
- 04.02.201796.6% of homicide facts uncovered in Azerbaijan
- 04.02.20179 dismissed from prosecuting bodies last year
- 03.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijani MP seeks document on right to inherit Irevan
- 01.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives EITI board chairman - UPDATED
- 01.02.2017Numerous political parties still fail to submit financial statements, says Azerbaijani MP
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijan parl’t speaker denies reports of non-payment of compensation to owners of demolished properties
- 01.02.2017Trump's decision paves way for rise of Islamophobia: Azerbaijani MP
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament’s spring session begins
- 01.02.2017Compositions of two Azerbaijani parliamentary commissions reformed
- 01.02.2017Official Exchange Rates
- 31.01.2017Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 133rd birth anniversary
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president warns officials
- 30.01.2017President: Strong business sector created in Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani people will return to their ancestral lands - Ilham Aliyev
- 30.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan leading implementation of Southern Gas Corridor
- 30.01.2017President: Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would’ve been impossible without first State Program
- 28.01.2017Deputy prime minister: Our society is at stage of strict reforms
- 27.01.2017At least 20 killed in Somali rebel attack
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani mother, two children killed in ISIL bombing in Syria
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Code of Criminal Procedure
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani President issues order on payment of lump-sum financial assistance to veterans of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and their families
- 01.05.2014President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates several facilities in Aghdash District - UPDATED
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to law "On ensuring rights and freedoms of persons held in detention"
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Law “On Road Traffic”
- 29.04.2014Novruz Mammadov: “President Ilham Aliyev’s response to Sargsyan demonstrates the high level of Azerbaijan-Turkey relations”