General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 28.07.2016Currency traders discloses reason for decline in Azerbaijani manat
- 28.07.2016Pope Francis trips as he arrives for Mass in Poland
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM: Age limit removal doesn’t mean that 18-year-old citizen must be elected MP
- 28.07.2016Revolutions, wars in Middle East pose serious challenges to Azerbaijan: deputy PM
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijan announces date of pre-referendum campaign
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC creates working group for referendum on constitutional reforms
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC: Results of referendum on constitutional amendments to be announced before Oct.21
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan to hold referendum on constitutional amendments on Sept. 26
- 26.07.2016Normalization of Turkey-Armenia relations possible after liberation of Azerbaijani lands, says ambassador
- 26.07.2016International Bank of Azerbaijan unable to return Israeli company’s deposits
- 25.07.2016Milikh Yevdayev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani vice-speaker: Draft Referendum Act envisages cases in which parliament can be dissolved
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani president to set date for referendum on constitutional amendments
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani Constitutional Court approves draft amendments to constitution - UPDATED
- 24.07.2016UN chief condemns Kabul terrorist attack
- 22.07.2016No Turkish military base being created in Azerbaijan – parliament vice-speaker
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan Deposit Insurance Fund to sell properties of liquidated banks at auction
- 22.07.2016Constitutional Court to consider draft amendments to Azerbaijan’s Constitution on July 25
- 21.07.2016AZN 3M allocated to continue construction of residential building for journalists in Baku
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijan plans to hold referendum on constitutional amendments this year
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijan allocates building and sructures to Turkish Armed Forces
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani currency rates on July 20
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani MP: Each state may include priority provisions in constitution
- 19.07.2016Baku Court of Appeal to consider lawsuit on cancellation of ANS license
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani President: "Despite the crises in the world, we are on the path of development"
- 18.07.2016First vice-president and vice-president positions proposed to be established in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan presidential term can be extended
- 18.07.2016Draft referendum act on amendments to Azerbaijani Constitution submitted to Constitutional Court
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan appoints new consul general to Turkey’s Kars
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijani president deeply concerned over events in Turkey
- 15.07.2016Cavusoglu: It’s planned to create new Turkey-Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan trilateral co-op format
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan puts 41 officials on wanted list
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani President: "Ukrainian president's visit to Azerbaijan is a very serious political step"
- 12.07.2016Azerbaijani parliament to break up for summer recess this week
- 10.07.2016President Aliyev: Global threats growing, economic crisis deepening
- 05.07.2016Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms repeat parliamentary election results - UPDATED
- 04.07.2016Baghdad bombing death toll exceeds 200
- 02.07.2016Minister: In years of independence, 99 police officers, military servicemen died in fight against crime
- 02.07.2016Minister: More than 3,000 criminal groups neutralized in Azerbaijan over last 13 years
- 30.06.2016Azerbaijani president awards group of Interior Ministry’s employees
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Code of Criminal Procedure
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani President issues order on payment of lump-sum financial assistance to veterans of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and their families
- 01.05.2014President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates several facilities in Aghdash District - UPDATED
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to law "On ensuring rights and freedoms of persons held in detention"
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Law “On Road Traffic”
- 29.04.2014Novruz Mammadov: “President Ilham Aliyev’s response to Sargsyan demonstrates the high level of Azerbaijan-Turkey relations”