General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan: "An attempt of Leila and Arif Yunusovs to evade investigation by leaving the country forever prevented"
Press service of General Prosecutor's Office of Azerbaijan told APA that due to the need that has arisen in the investigated within the Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General for Serious cases of the criminal case, provided for questioning as witnesses chairman functioning in Baku officially unregistered "Institute for Peace and Democracy" and Leyla Yunus working at the Institute as an expert Arif Yunus.
Despite handing them personally in accordance with the requirements of the criminal procedural law writs of arrival at the investigative agency for questioning in the case, as well as their repeated notification by telephone, said persons to evade investigation for a good reason.
Arif Yunusov on April 25 admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of "third degree of hypertension, hypertensive crisis" and was discharged on April 28, but despite this, they did not show up to testify in the investigation and tried to cash in one of the largest banks money.
On April 28 at around 23.00 Leyla Yunus using some employees of foreign embassies were in the Heydar Aliyev International Airport to leave the country with a view , but their attempt to evade investigation by leaving country by Flight Baku- Doha for one of European countries have been prevented .
Based on the decision of Yasamal district court held inspection of personal baggage, were seized documents and things of importance to the case, including, in particular, as evidence, the documents were seized property in a foreign country, decorated in the name Leila Yunusova and information carriers and other documents.
On the basis of the Court sanctions searches were conducted in the home and workplace of these individuals.
Leila Yunusova was questioned as a witness, Yunusov due to deteriorating health was re- admitted to hospital for further treatment.
In all investigative actions were provided counsel presen , most invited Leila Yunusov in progress necessary and urgent investigative and operational activities in compliance with the requirements of the criminal procedure law .
Related news releases
- 31.08.2016National Council plans to hold rally on Sept. 11
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani CEC announces number of observers registered for upcoming referendum
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijan to continue fighting FETO followers: interior minister
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM meets with EU ambassador
- 30.08.2016Istanbul’s former police chief detained
- 27.08.2016CEC did not register campaign group created by Musavat Party
- 26.08.2016Russian Orthodox Church consistently stands for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 26.08.2016ACSDA presents preliminary report on long-term observation for referendum
- 26.08.2016Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25.08.2016MP: Primary goal is to ensure security and lasting stability in Azerbaijan
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani MP calls on local media to make researches on Gulenists
- 23.08.2016Ali Huseynli: Cabinet of Ministers never seen heading reforms
- 22.08.201616 years pass since Abulfaz Elchibey’s death
- 21.08.2016Novruz Mammadov: "All followers of FETO to be identified in Azerbaijan"
- 18.08.2016Azerbaijan announces statistics on election violations during past 14 years
- 18.08.2016Oruj Zalov: No unauthorized rally or piquet to be allowed prior to referendum
- 18.08.2016Rustam Usubov: Some try to tarnish referendum, such cases must be prevented
- 18.08.2016PA deputy head: Interested sides may have provocative intentions, we must stand ready to prevent them
- 18.08.2016CEC chairman: Referendum aimed at protecting stability in Azerbaijan
- 15.08.2016Criminal case launched against Fethullah Gulen's supporters
- 13.08.2016Executive Secretary of REAL movement Natig Jafarli arrested
- 12.08.2016New Azerbaijan submits signatures to CEC
- 11.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan's further development will be sustainable"
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev viewed Olympic Sport Complex in Ismayilli after major overhaul
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of bicycle factory in Ismayilli - UPDATED
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of newly reconstructed Qaramaryam-Ismayilli highway
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of orphanage-kindergarten in Ismayilli
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Gabala district for visit
- 10.08.2016US gun rights defenders could deal with Clinton: Trump
- 08.08.2016Printing of ballots started in regard to referendum to be held in Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2016Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law "on citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan"
- 04.08.2016ATUC and 24 NGOs created initiative group in connection with referendum
- 03.08.2016Deputy Health minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 03.08.2016CEC: Voters' lists are almost ready for high-level referendum
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces initiative group on referendum
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijan’s ANS says will appeal to relevant authorities against judgment on license cancellation
- 29.07.2016Iran to export Russian gas to Georgia via Armenia
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijan’s ruling party creates initiative groups on referendum
- 28.07.2016Currency traders disclose reason for decline in Azerbaijani manat
- 28.07.2016Pope Francis trips as he arrives for Mass in Poland
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Code of Criminal Procedure
- 30.04.2014Azerbaijani President issues order on payment of lump-sum financial assistance to veterans of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and their families
- 01.05.2014President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates several facilities in Aghdash District - UPDATED
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to law "On ensuring rights and freedoms of persons held in detention"
- 29.04.2014Azerbaijani president issues order on amendments to Law “On Road Traffic”
- 29.04.2014Novruz Mammadov: “President Ilham Aliyev’s response to Sargsyan demonstrates the high level of Azerbaijan-Turkey relations”