Gabala hosting 10th meeting attended by former presidents and PMs
Opening ceremony of the 10th high-level meeting organized by Nizami Ganjavi International Center and Club de Madrid with the support of Azerbaijan State Committee on Work with Diaspora was held in Gabala. Chairman of the State Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan for Work with the Diaspora Nazim Ibrahimov made an opening speech in the event.
Touching upon holding of the meeting in Gabala, he noted that Azerbaijan’s other regions and cities are also developing.
Making a speech in the opening ceremony, former President of Latvia, co-chairman of Club de Madrid Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga informed about the content of panel meeting to be held on December 10. She noted that the meetings of Club de Madrid will be held in Gabala for two days. Moreover, she touched upon tolerance among the nations, global political processes and issues related to these processes.
Former PM of Netherlands Vim Kok spoke about after-effects of violent extremism and said most victims of the terror are women and children. He also spoke about the impacts of migration to Europe, US presidential elections on the world.
Former PM of Serbia Boris Tadić said world policy underwent changes in accordance with the technological processes, current situation of the democracy: “Today, the democratic rules, democratic values change in accordance with global situations. We are today thinking of what rules should be accepted to prevent violent extremism. We must analyze current global situations more than previous situations”.
Director of the Library of Alexandria in Egypt, co-chair of Nizami Ganjavi International Center Ismail Serageldin said geography of the terrorism has extended.
Nearly 50 well-known political and public figures, experts and scientists, including former presidents and PMs from 20 countries are attending the event to be held on December 10-11.
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 15.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Defense Ministry’s press service creates conditions for press to write about army
- 15.12.2017Media should only disseminate information verified by Azerbaijani MoD – MP
- 15.12.2017MP Fazil Mustafa criticizes activities of Penitentiary Service
- 15.12.2017New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
- 15.12.2017Media should not be banned from writing about army – MP Hasanguliyev
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes introducing parliamentary control over Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates administrative building of YAP Sumgayit city branch
- 15.12.2017Suicide attempt of young boy prevented in Baku
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 11.12.2016Trump to nominate Exxon CEO to be top diplomat:
- 12.12.2016Thirteen years pass since Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev died
- 12.12.2016Azerbaijani president pays tribute to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE