Gabala hosting 10th meeting attended by former presidents and PMs
Opening ceremony of the 10th high-level meeting organized by Nizami Ganjavi International Center and Club de Madrid with the support of Azerbaijan State Committee on Work with Diaspora was held in Gabala. Chairman of the State Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan for Work with the Diaspora Nazim Ibrahimov made an opening speech in the event.
Touching upon holding of the meeting in Gabala, he noted that Azerbaijan’s other regions and cities are also developing.
Making a speech in the opening ceremony, former President of Latvia, co-chairman of Club de Madrid Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga informed about the content of panel meeting to be held on December 10. She noted that the meetings of Club de Madrid will be held in Gabala for two days. Moreover, she touched upon tolerance among the nations, global political processes and issues related to these processes.
Former PM of Netherlands Vim Kok spoke about after-effects of violent extremism and said most victims of the terror are women and children. He also spoke about the impacts of migration to Europe, US presidential elections on the world.
Former PM of Serbia Boris Tadić said world policy underwent changes in accordance with the technological processes, current situation of the democracy: “Today, the democratic rules, democratic values change in accordance with global situations. We are today thinking of what rules should be accepted to prevent violent extremism. We must analyze current global situations more than previous situations”.
Director of the Library of Alexandria in Egypt, co-chair of Nizami Ganjavi International Center Ismail Serageldin said geography of the terrorism has extended.
Nearly 50 well-known political and public figures, experts and scientists, including former presidents and PMs from 20 countries are attending the event to be held on December 10-11.
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing salaries for servicemen of Foreign Intelligence Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards servicemen of Internal Troops
- 09.03.2018MP: Azerbaijan likely to see another biased attitude of OSCE/ODIHR towards upcoming presidential election
- 08.03.2018New public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 11.12.2016Trump to nominate Exxon CEO to be top diplomat:
- 12.12.2016Thirteen years pass since Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev died
- 12.12.2016Azerbaijani president pays tribute to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE