Gabala hosting 10th meeting attended by former presidents and PMs
Opening ceremony of the 10th high-level meeting organized by Nizami Ganjavi International Center and Club de Madrid with the support of Azerbaijan State Committee on Work with Diaspora was held in Gabala. Chairman of the State Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan for Work with the Diaspora Nazim Ibrahimov made an opening speech in the event.
Touching upon holding of the meeting in Gabala, he noted that Azerbaijan’s other regions and cities are also developing.
Making a speech in the opening ceremony, former President of Latvia, co-chairman of Club de Madrid Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga informed about the content of panel meeting to be held on December 10. She noted that the meetings of Club de Madrid will be held in Gabala for two days. Moreover, she touched upon tolerance among the nations, global political processes and issues related to these processes.
Former PM of Netherlands Vim Kok spoke about after-effects of violent extremism and said most victims of the terror are women and children. He also spoke about the impacts of migration to Europe, US presidential elections on the world.
Former PM of Serbia Boris Tadić said world policy underwent changes in accordance with the technological processes, current situation of the democracy: “Today, the democratic rules, democratic values change in accordance with global situations. We are today thinking of what rules should be accepted to prevent violent extremism. We must analyze current global situations more than previous situations”.
Director of the Library of Alexandria in Egypt, co-chair of Nizami Ganjavi International Center Ismail Serageldin said geography of the terrorism has extended.
Nearly 50 well-known political and public figures, experts and scientists, including former presidents and PMs from 20 countries are attending the event to be held on December 10-11.
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 11.12.2016Trump to nominate Exxon CEO to be top diplomat:
- 12.12.2016Thirteen years pass since Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev died
- 12.12.2016Azerbaijani president pays tribute to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE