European Parliament unable to conceal coming under Armenian lobby’s influence, says Azerbaijani MP
Recently, several European institutions and non-governmental organizations have begun a dirty attack on Azerbaijan, MP Malahat Ibrahimgizi said speaking at today’s parliamentary meeting, APA reports.
Ibrahimgizi noted that two days ago Azerbaijan was shown a biased attitude in a European Parliament report’s chapters concerning the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
“However, the European Parliament has adopted four resolutions on the violation of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, the aggression it suffered, and its one million refugees and internally displaced persons. These resolutions clearly stress the need for restoration of the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and for immediate return of refugees to their homeland. In that case, why does the European Parliament remain silent? Have the Azerbaijani lands been liberated from occupation? Have refugees returned to their lands?” she said.
The documents sent to the UN by the European Parliament in September and the ones passed on November 15 point to the fact that this structure is not independent and cannot conceal coming under the Armenian lobby’s influence, stressed the MP.
“The fact that the leader of Spain’s Catalonia region after his arrest was called a criminal, not a political leader, but someone who had been arrested in Azerbaijan for a certain crime was called a political prisoner indicates there is a biased stance against us. They take a very biased attitude towards our state, our state leader,” she added.
The MP proposed to send a statement of protest to the European Parliament on behalf of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly.
Related news releases
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.05.2018Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 07.05.2018Prosecutor General's Office: Extradition of person inflicted injures to Supreme Rada MP to be considered
- 07.05.2018Sabuhi Shahverdiyev appointed prosecutor for Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 07.05.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani legislation allows NGOs to operate freely
- 07.05.2018Deputy PM comments on possible early parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Internal confrontation in Armenia to last long: Azerbaijan’s ruling party
- 07.05.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds event to mark 95th birth anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 04.05.2018Turkish cargo vessel, Greek warship collide in Aegean
- 04.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Economic development fully ensured in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017MP Siyavush Novruzov: Musavat Party should not claim to be successor to the Musavat of ADR period
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title ‘honored civil servant’ on two persons
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several persons for their active role in Azerbaijan’s public-political life
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan begins preparation for celebration of ADR centenary
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2017"Learning to Learn" 2nd International Learning Conference underway in Baku - UPDATED