EU says cooperation with Azerbaijan entering new stage
The European Union and Azerbaijan are entering a new stage of cooperation, Kestutis Jankauskas, Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan said on Wednesday.
He made the remarks at an event dedicated to the outcomes of the Twinning Project “Support to the Strengthening of the Commissioner for Human Rights (Ombudsman) of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, implemented jointly by the EU and the Office of the Ombudsman.
The EU and Azerbaijan is working on a new agreement which will form the basis for future cooperation, said the envoy.
Jankauskas noted that the EU has allocated 1.3 million euros for the implementation of the project.
“I hope that the Ombudsman's Office will have a greater potential thanks to this project. Within the framework of the project, strategies for children, disabled people have been prepared, and a modern system plan for information management has been developed,” said the EU envoy.
He went on to say that democracy, the rule of law and protection of human rights are values to which the EU is committed. "I hope these values will be reflected in a new document to be signed between Azerbaijan and the EU, and these factors will be the main value in the work of the Ombudsman’s Office and other institutions,” said Jankauskas.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 31.01.2018Tofig Aghahuseynov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces Ilham Aliyev as its presidential candidate
- 01.02.2018New CEO of PASHA Bank Georgia appointed
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijan developing new bill on Border Troops
- 31.01.2018Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 134th birth anniversary
- 30.01.2018President: "There is no problem with the development of the country's economy"