Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
The new 13-article draft code of conduct for parliamentarians was discussed at a joint meeting of the Azerbaijani Parliament’s Human Rights Committee and the Committee on Law Policy and State Building on Thursday.
The draft code sets forth ethical standards for parliamentarians. According the draft code, parliamentarians are required to respect human rights and people’s business reputation, avoid impartiality, and reject illegal material and intangible gifts, privileges and benefits.
During the meeting, Chairwoman of the Human Rights Committee, Vice-Speaker Bahar Muradova said that the draft code a requirement of the amendments recently made to the Constitution.
MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev noted that street swears have been heard in the parliament at times, stressing that such a law will prevent further misconduct. He added, however, that an MP should not be deprived of his mandate over such minor incidents.
Chairman of the Committee on Law Policy and State Building Ali Huseynli pointed out that all the articles in the document have been devised in line with the Constitution.
The draft code will be tabled at the upcoming plenary session of the parliament.
A draft law on the parliament’s internal regulations has also been recommended for the upcoming plenary session.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Deputy PM calls for end to injustice against Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 10.04.2017Israeli envoy: Karabakh conflict settlement should be based on Minsk Group
- 08.04.2017Siyavush Novruzov: Relevant authorities investigating Ali Karimli’s migrant trade issue
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC warns political parties over failure to submit financial reports
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves annual report by National Coordinator for combating human trafficking
- 07.04.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan has never been as strong in history as it is now"
- 05.04.2017Commission on transparency in extractive industry established in Azerbaijan
- 05.04.2017Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games journey starts from the Caspian
- 04.04.2017National Council unauthorized to hold rally in Baku
- 04.04.2017Argentine ambassador visits AzTC
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia