CEC: Some forces disseminate disinformation to overshadow transparency of voting in Azerbaijan
The presidential election in Azerbaijan is taking place in line with the requirements of law, the country’s Central Election Commission said in a statement on April 11.
According to the statement, the Central Election Commission has not received any official information as to a violation of the law during the election period as well as on voting day.
"However, some circles that seek to overshadow the democratization and transparency of the voting through social networks (Meydan TV and a few subjects disseminating the information it has released) are spreading disinformation. Some examples include reports in reference to observer Ali Zeynalov that ballot boxes in polling stations No 5, 6 and 7 of Yasamal Constituencies No. 17 do not meet standards, some CEC members are receiving orders from higher authorities, wholesale ballot papers have been dropped in ballot boxes, etc. In fact, however, this person has not observed the voting in any of those polling stations or in the constituency as a whole,” said the statement.
The CEC noted that internet resources and social networking profiles disseminating such false information aim to overshadow free, democratic and fair presidential election in Azerbaijan and mislead international and local observers.
“It is impossible to take seriously such disinformation while there are more than 60,000 local and international observers acting without any hindrance and 1000 webcams providing the possibility of direct online monitoring,” the statement said.
The CEC emphasized that it will take necessary steps to implement all necessary measures to protect the rights of voters in Azerbaijan, to prevent possible violations and eliminate their consequences.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan had rapidly developed over past 15 years – PA head
- 11.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev: Presidential election in Azerbaijan organized at high-level
- 11.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev: Those guilty of crimes in Azerbaijan later join anti-Azerbaijani campaigns abroad
- 11.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani Presidential Administration casts vote in election
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals voter turnout in presidential election as of 17:00
- 11.04.2018Belgian observer: Long queues can be seen at polling stations in Azerbaijan