CEC announces preliminary results of the presidential elections: Ilham Aliyev gained 84,76 % of votes - UPDATING
The head of the commision made public preliminary results of the elections according to the distribution of valid votes.
He said that over the country 125 constituencies, 5492 polling stations have functioned. The total number of voters are 5 145 643. According to the summarized results, 3 720 643 citizens have participated in the elections. The overall activity of the electors over the country was 72, 31%.
The elections process was held under observation of the international representatives: "During a day, any single complaint was not received by the Central Election Commission. And we have achieved transparent and normal elections process.”
M. Panahov noted that according to the information taken from 3947 polling stations (72 percent of all stations), candidate from New Azerbaijan Party Ilham Aliyev is ahead with 84,73 % votes (2039127).
Results for other candidates as follow:
Jamil Hasanli - 5,27% (148 400 votes)
Igbal Aghazade 2,32% (65 469 votes)
Gudrat Hasanguliyev - 2,09% (58 972 votes)
Zahid Oruj - 1,48% (41 638 votes)
ilyas Ismayilov - 1,10% (30 969 votes)
Faraj Guliyev - 0,87% (24 410 votes)
Araz Alizade - 0,88% (24746 votes)
Sardar Mammadov - 0,63% (17 705 votes)
Hafiz Hajıyev - 0,66% (18 582 votes)
The head of the CEC noted that the candidate, got more than 80 percent of total votes, can be considered the winner of the presidential elections.
According to M. Panahov during the next 1hour, information from all the polling stations will enter to the Central Election Commission, and Azerbaijani electors will be familiar with the figures: “During the following 2 days all the information will enter from polling stations to the CEC”.
M. Panahov also added that serious irregularities were not registered during the process and all the misunderstandings were eradicated.
The results were put on link: https://infocenter.gov.az/e-services/prezident2013.aspx?i=3
The official results of the elections will be sent to the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic within 10 days.
Related news releases
- 07.12.2016Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament begins 2017 state budget discussion
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani President: "The April battles are our glorious history"
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Flag Museum in Aghdam district
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views repair works in houses damaged by Armenian shelling during April battle in Aghdam
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghdam
- 03.12.2016Ilham Aliyev, his spouse view repair on houses damaged by Armenians during April fights in Tartar
- 03.12.2016Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of YAP Tartar district branch
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani President: "We have achieved a reduction of the negative consequences of the global crisis"
- 03.12.2016Armed groups clash in Tripoli in worst fighting for over a year
- 02.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Zardab
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan increases financing of diplomatic missions abroad
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 30.11.2016Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MP calls for revival of death penalty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan to criminalize defamation of president on Internet
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves draft proposal criminalizing offensive online activities by fake names or profiles
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MPs call for reconsideration of bilateral ties with Russia
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan makes public content of bill to be prepared on Khojaly genocide
- 26.11.2016Islamic State claims deadly attack on Egyptian soldiers in Sinai
- 26.11.2016Scotland sets out legal case to have a say on Brexit trigger
- 24.11.2016Public administration to be improved in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2016Azerbaijan introduces fines for violating rules of import and sale of medicines
- 24.11.2016Azerbaijan imposes ban on the sale of medicines on unregulated prices
- 21.11.2016Ali Ahmadov: YAP is the only political party created at people’s request
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijani President approves National Action Plan on combating the financing of terrorism
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijan to mark Aziz Aliyev’s 120th anniversary
- 18.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 18.11.2016Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan is region's most important country
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijani president comments on whether his children will engage in politics
- 18.11.2016Travel agencies in Azerbaijan not to pass accreditation for getting e-visas for tourists
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijan eyes amendments to law on nationals living abroad
- 17.11.2016Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2016System of "affordable housing" to be established in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2013President Ilham Aliyev addresses nation on preliminary results of elections
- 10.10.2013CCTS observation mission: “It was the most perfect elections due to its technical capabilities”
- 10.10.2013Member of French Senate Nathalie Goulet: “I am observing progress in the conduct of elections in Azerbaijan”
- 10.10.2013U.S. company Arthur J. Finkelstein & Associates releases final results of exit-poll conducted in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 09.10.2013Abdulla Gul and Rajab Tayyib Erdogan congratulate Ilham Aliyev on victory
- 09.10.2013Gudrat Hasanguliyev congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory