CEC announces preliminary results of the presidential elections: Ilham Aliyev gained 84,76 % of votes - UPDATING
The head of the commision made public preliminary results of the elections according to the distribution of valid votes.
He said that over the country 125 constituencies, 5492 polling stations have functioned. The total number of voters are 5 145 643. According to the summarized results, 3 720 643 citizens have participated in the elections. The overall activity of the electors over the country was 72, 31%.
The elections process was held under observation of the international representatives: "During a day, any single complaint was not received by the Central Election Commission. And we have achieved transparent and normal elections process.”
M. Panahov noted that according to the information taken from 3947 polling stations (72 percent of all stations), candidate from New Azerbaijan Party Ilham Aliyev is ahead with 84,73 % votes (2039127).
Results for other candidates as follow:
Jamil Hasanli - 5,27% (148 400 votes)
Igbal Aghazade 2,32% (65 469 votes)
Gudrat Hasanguliyev - 2,09% (58 972 votes)
Zahid Oruj - 1,48% (41 638 votes)
ilyas Ismayilov - 1,10% (30 969 votes)
Faraj Guliyev - 0,87% (24 410 votes)
Araz Alizade - 0,88% (24746 votes)
Sardar Mammadov - 0,63% (17 705 votes)
Hafiz Hajıyev - 0,66% (18 582 votes)
The head of the CEC noted that the candidate, got more than 80 percent of total votes, can be considered the winner of the presidential elections.
According to M. Panahov during the next 1hour, information from all the polling stations will enter to the Central Election Commission, and Azerbaijani electors will be familiar with the figures: “During the following 2 days all the information will enter from polling stations to the CEC”.
M. Panahov also added that serious irregularities were not registered during the process and all the misunderstandings were eradicated.
The results were put on link: https://infocenter.gov.az/e-services/prezident2013.aspx?i=3
The official results of the elections will be sent to the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic within 10 days.
Related news releases
- 13.01.2017Iraqi forces make gains against Islamic State in Mosul
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing code of ethics for MPs
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing bill on crimes of genocide
- 12.01.2017PACE co-rapporteurs arrive in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Military capability of Nakhchivan is at the highest level"
- 11.01.2017Thorbjørn Jagland urges Armenia to return body of Azerbaijani serviceman, without delay
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to national leader in Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 10.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays condolence visit to Iranian embassy in Baku
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan enjoys great respect in Islamic world
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another priority of 2016 fulfilled – protection of foreign currency reserves
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has found solution to crisis that resulted from oil price drop
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijan declares 2017 Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 09.01.2017UN: Cyprus reunification 'difficult but possible'
- 09.01.2017Garib Mammadov awarded Shohrat order
- 07.01.2017An-178 aircrafts, Azerbaijan purchased from Ukraine, undergoing certification tests
- 06.01.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev approves Action Plan for marking anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 06.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament spring session to commence on Jan. 12
- 05.01.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 01.01.2017Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament wraps up autumn session
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament holds last meeting of 2016
- 30.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 65 times
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: ASAN service brought novelty into citizen-civil servant relationship
- 28.12.2016Ziyafat Asgarov: I don’t trust Minsk Group, we should count on our own power only
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2016Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference
- 24.12.2016Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 55 today
- 23.12.2016Malta's PM: Hijackers of Libyan plane used fake weapons
- 23.12.2016US imposes sanctions against Syrian Central Bank chief, cabinet members
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 21.12.2016Speaker of Turkish Parliament arrives in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2013President Ilham Aliyev addresses nation on preliminary results of elections
- 10.10.2013CCTS observation mission: “It was the most perfect elections due to its technical capabilities”
- 10.10.2013Member of French Senate Nathalie Goulet: “I am observing progress in the conduct of elections in Azerbaijan”
- 10.10.2013U.S. company Arthur J. Finkelstein & Associates releases final results of exit-poll conducted in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 09.10.2013Abdulla Gul and Rajab Tayyib Erdogan congratulate Ilham Aliyev on victory
- 09.10.2013Gudrat Hasanguliyev congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory