CEC announces preliminary results of the presidential elections: Ilham Aliyev gained 84,76 % of votes - UPDATING
The head of the commision made public preliminary results of the elections according to the distribution of valid votes.
He said that over the country 125 constituencies, 5492 polling stations have functioned. The total number of voters are 5 145 643. According to the summarized results, 3 720 643 citizens have participated in the elections. The overall activity of the electors over the country was 72, 31%.
The elections process was held under observation of the international representatives: "During a day, any single complaint was not received by the Central Election Commission. And we have achieved transparent and normal elections process.”
M. Panahov noted that according to the information taken from 3947 polling stations (72 percent of all stations), candidate from New Azerbaijan Party Ilham Aliyev is ahead with 84,73 % votes (2039127).
Results for other candidates as follow:
Jamil Hasanli - 5,27% (148 400 votes)
Igbal Aghazade 2,32% (65 469 votes)
Gudrat Hasanguliyev - 2,09% (58 972 votes)
Zahid Oruj - 1,48% (41 638 votes)
ilyas Ismayilov - 1,10% (30 969 votes)
Faraj Guliyev - 0,87% (24 410 votes)
Araz Alizade - 0,88% (24746 votes)
Sardar Mammadov - 0,63% (17 705 votes)
Hafiz Hajıyev - 0,66% (18 582 votes)
The head of the CEC noted that the candidate, got more than 80 percent of total votes, can be considered the winner of the presidential elections.
According to M. Panahov during the next 1hour, information from all the polling stations will enter to the Central Election Commission, and Azerbaijani electors will be familiar with the figures: “During the following 2 days all the information will enter from polling stations to the CEC”.
M. Panahov also added that serious irregularities were not registered during the process and all the misunderstandings were eradicated.
The results were put on link: https://infocenter.gov.az/e-services/prezident2013.aspx?i=3
The official results of the elections will be sent to the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic within 10 days.
Related news releases
- 27.08.2016CEC did not register campaign group created by Musavat Party
- 26.08.2016Russian Orthodox Church consistently stands for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 26.08.2016ACSDA presents preliminary report on long-term observation for referendum
- 26.08.2016Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25.08.2016MP: Primary goal is to ensure security and lasting stability in Azerbaijan
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani MP calls on local media to make researches on Gulenists
- 23.08.2016Ali Huseynli: Cabinet of Ministers never seen heading reforms
- 22.08.201616 years pass since Abulfaz Elchibey’s death
- 21.08.2016Novruz Mammadov: "All followers of FETO to be identified in Azerbaijan"
- 18.08.2016Azerbaijan announces statistics on election violations during past 14 years
- 18.08.2016Oruj Zalov: No unauthorized rally or piquet to be allowed prior to referendum
- 18.08.2016Rustam Usubov: Some try to tarnish referendum, such cases must be prevented
- 18.08.2016PA deputy head: Interested sides may have provocative intentions, we must stand ready to prevent them
- 18.08.2016CEC chairman: Referendum aimed at protecting stability in Azerbaijan
- 15.08.2016Criminal case launched against Fethullah Gulen's supporters
- 13.08.2016Executive Secretary of REAL movement Natig Jafarli arrested
- 12.08.2016New Azerbaijan submits signatures to CEC
- 11.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan's further development will be sustainable"
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev viewed Olympic Sport Complex in Ismayilli after major overhaul
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of bicycle factory in Ismayilli - UPDATED
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of newly reconstructed Qaramaryam-Ismayilli highway
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of orphanage-kindergarten in Ismayilli
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Gabala district for visit
- 10.08.2016US gun rights defenders could deal with Clinton: Trump
- 08.08.2016Printing of ballots started in regard to referendum to be held in Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2016Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law "on citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan"
- 04.08.2016ATUC and 24 NGOs created initiative group in connection with referendum
- 03.08.2016Deputy Health minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 03.08.2016CEC: Voters' lists are almost ready for high-level referendum
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces initiative group on referendum
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijan’s ANS says will appeal to relevant authorities against judgment on license cancellation
- 29.07.2016Iran to export Russian gas to Georgia via Armenia
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijan’s ruling party creates initiative groups on referendum
- 28.07.2016Currency traders disclose reason for decline in Azerbaijani manat
- 28.07.2016Pope Francis trips as he arrives for Mass in Poland
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM: Age limit removal doesn’t mean that 18-year-old citizen must be elected MP
- 28.07.2016Revolutions, wars in Middle East pose serious challenges to Azerbaijan: deputy PM
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijan announces date of pre-referendum campaign
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC creates working group for referendum on constitutional reforms
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC: Results of referendum on constitutional amendments to be announced before Oct.21
- 10.10.2013President Ilham Aliyev addresses nation on preliminary results of elections
- 10.10.2013CCTS observation mission: “It was the most perfect elections due to its technical capabilities”
- 10.10.2013Member of French Senate Nathalie Goulet: “I am observing progress in the conduct of elections in Azerbaijan”
- 10.10.2013U.S. company Arthur J. Finkelstein & Associates releases final results of exit-poll conducted in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 09.10.2013Abdulla Gul and Rajab Tayyib Erdogan congratulate Ilham Aliyev on victory
- 09.10.2013Gudrat Hasanguliyev congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory