CEC announces preliminary results of the presidential elections: Ilham Aliyev gained 84,76 % of votes - UPDATING
The head of the commision made public preliminary results of the elections according to the distribution of valid votes.
He said that over the country 125 constituencies, 5492 polling stations have functioned. The total number of voters are 5 145 643. According to the summarized results, 3 720 643 citizens have participated in the elections. The overall activity of the electors over the country was 72, 31%.
The elections process was held under observation of the international representatives: "During a day, any single complaint was not received by the Central Election Commission. And we have achieved transparent and normal elections process.”
M. Panahov noted that according to the information taken from 3947 polling stations (72 percent of all stations), candidate from New Azerbaijan Party Ilham Aliyev is ahead with 84,73 % votes (2039127).
Results for other candidates as follow:
Jamil Hasanli - 5,27% (148 400 votes)
Igbal Aghazade 2,32% (65 469 votes)
Gudrat Hasanguliyev - 2,09% (58 972 votes)
Zahid Oruj - 1,48% (41 638 votes)
ilyas Ismayilov - 1,10% (30 969 votes)
Faraj Guliyev - 0,87% (24 410 votes)
Araz Alizade - 0,88% (24746 votes)
Sardar Mammadov - 0,63% (17 705 votes)
Hafiz Hajıyev - 0,66% (18 582 votes)
The head of the CEC noted that the candidate, got more than 80 percent of total votes, can be considered the winner of the presidential elections.
According to M. Panahov during the next 1hour, information from all the polling stations will enter to the Central Election Commission, and Azerbaijani electors will be familiar with the figures: “During the following 2 days all the information will enter from polling stations to the CEC”.
M. Panahov also added that serious irregularities were not registered during the process and all the misunderstandings were eradicated.
The results were put on link: https://infocenter.gov.az/e-services/prezident2013.aspx?i=3
The official results of the elections will be sent to the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic within 10 days.
Related news releases
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC: Results of referendum on constitutional amendments to be announced before Oct.21
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan to hold referendum on constitutional amendments on Sept. 26
- 26.07.2016Normalization of Turkey-Armenia relations possible after liberation of Azerbaijani lands, says ambassador
- 26.07.2016International Bank of Azerbaijan unable to return Israeli company’s deposits
- 25.07.2016Milikh Yevdayev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani vice-speaker: Draft Referendum Act envisages cases in which parliament can be dissolved
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani president to set date for referendum on constitutional amendments
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani Constitutional Court approves draft amendments to constitution - UPDATED
- 24.07.2016UN chief condemns Kabul terrorist attack
- 22.07.2016No Turkish military base being created in Azerbaijan – parliament vice-speaker
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan Deposit Insurance Fund to sell properties of liquidated banks at auction
- 22.07.2016Constitutional Court to consider draft amendments to Azerbaijan’s Constitution on July 25
- 21.07.2016AZN 3M allocated to continue construction of residential building for journalists in Baku
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijan plans to hold referendum on constitutional amendments this year
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijan allocates building and sructures to Turkish Armed Forces
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani currency rates on July 20
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani MP: Each state may include priority provisions in constitution
- 19.07.2016Baku Court of Appeal to consider lawsuit on cancellation of ANS license
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani President: "Despite the crises in the world, we are on the path of development"
- 18.07.2016First vice-president and vice-president positions proposed to be established in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan presidential term can be extended
- 18.07.2016Draft referendum act on amendments to Azerbaijani Constitution submitted to Constitutional Court
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan appoints new consul general to Turkey’s Kars
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijani president deeply concerned over events in Turkey
- 15.07.2016Cavusoglu: It’s planned to create new Turkey-Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan trilateral co-op format
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan puts 41 officials on wanted list
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani President: "Ukrainian president's visit to Azerbaijan is a very serious political step"
- 12.07.2016Azerbaijani parliament to break up for summer recess this week
- 10.07.2016President Aliyev: Global threats growing, economic crisis deepening
- 05.07.2016Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms repeat parliamentary election results - UPDATED
- 04.07.2016Baghdad bombing death toll exceeds 200
- 02.07.2016Minister: In years of independence, 99 police officers, military servicemen died in fight against crime
- 02.07.2016Minister: More than 3,000 criminal groups neutralized in Azerbaijan over last 13 years
- 30.06.2016Azerbaijani president awards group of Interior Ministry’s employees
- 30.06.2016CIA chief: Istanbul attack bears Daesh ‘hallmarks’
- 29.06.2016MP Zahid Oruj comments on announcement of reprimand to him
- 28.06.2016Moscow court denies appeal of main sponsor of Karabakh separatists
- 24.06.2016Verbal duel between parliament speaker, MPs unacceptable – disciplinary commission
- 24.06.2016Azerbaijani parliament speaker orders disciplinary commission to take appropriate action in relation to MP Zahid Oruj
- 24.06.2016Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session ends
- 10.10.2013President Ilham Aliyev addresses nation on preliminary results of elections
- 10.10.2013CCTS observation mission: “It was the most perfect elections due to its technical capabilities”
- 10.10.2013Member of French Senate Nathalie Goulet: “I am observing progress in the conduct of elections in Azerbaijan”
- 10.10.2013U.S. company Arthur J. Finkelstein & Associates releases final results of exit-poll conducted in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 09.10.2013Abdulla Gul and Rajab Tayyib Erdogan congratulate Ilham Aliyev on victory
- 09.10.2013Gudrat Hasanguliyev congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory