CEC announces preliminary results of the presidential elections: Ilham Aliyev gained 84,76 % of votes - UPDATING
The head of the commision made public preliminary results of the elections according to the distribution of valid votes.
He said that over the country 125 constituencies, 5492 polling stations have functioned. The total number of voters are 5 145 643. According to the summarized results, 3 720 643 citizens have participated in the elections. The overall activity of the electors over the country was 72, 31%.
The elections process was held under observation of the international representatives: "During a day, any single complaint was not received by the Central Election Commission. And we have achieved transparent and normal elections process.”
M. Panahov noted that according to the information taken from 3947 polling stations (72 percent of all stations), candidate from New Azerbaijan Party Ilham Aliyev is ahead with 84,73 % votes (2039127).
Results for other candidates as follow:
Jamil Hasanli - 5,27% (148 400 votes)
Igbal Aghazade 2,32% (65 469 votes)
Gudrat Hasanguliyev - 2,09% (58 972 votes)
Zahid Oruj - 1,48% (41 638 votes)
ilyas Ismayilov - 1,10% (30 969 votes)
Faraj Guliyev - 0,87% (24 410 votes)
Araz Alizade - 0,88% (24746 votes)
Sardar Mammadov - 0,63% (17 705 votes)
Hafiz Hajıyev - 0,66% (18 582 votes)
The head of the CEC noted that the candidate, got more than 80 percent of total votes, can be considered the winner of the presidential elections.
According to M. Panahov during the next 1hour, information from all the polling stations will enter to the Central Election Commission, and Azerbaijani electors will be familiar with the figures: “During the following 2 days all the information will enter from polling stations to the CEC”.
M. Panahov also added that serious irregularities were not registered during the process and all the misunderstandings were eradicated.
The results were put on link: https://infocenter.gov.az/e-services/prezident2013.aspx?i=3
The official results of the elections will be sent to the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic within 10 days.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2016Azerbaijani President: “Oil exporting countries faced big losses, the justice should be restored”
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan Judicial Council to get new powers
- 20.10.2016Hollande: "Normandy Four ministers to start preparing Donbass election in next few days"
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghstafa district for visit
- 19.10.2016Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan parl’t vice-speaker awarded order "For Service to Motherland"
- 18.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: No plans to change date of presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Armenia continues to break ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan celebrates 25th anniversary of independence
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijan has been passing through period of unprecedented economic growth since 2003
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijani Army among world’s strongest armies
- 17.10.2016Betrayed by APFP-Musavat alliance, Azerbaijan was at risk of losing independence – Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s energy policy highly appreciated by int’l community
- 17.10.2016Heydar Aliyev – founder of Azerbaijan’s independence, says Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Official reception held to mark 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence
- 15.10.2016The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan commented on the reports about protests against the actions of the traffic police in Goychay
- 15.10.2016101 gangs arrested in Baku this year
- 15.10.2016Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan’s independence was initially based on not-so-right postulate
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani national currency should bear image of Heydar Aliyev, says MP
- 14.10.2016Investors implementing investment projects in accordance with BOT model won’t pay duty
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 14.10.2016New volume of "Ilham Aliyev. Development is our goal" book published
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani MP: Prohibition to apply to persons who will study religion abroad after adoption of law
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments providing punishment for attempts to impede operations against religious extremism
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijan to tighten penalties for attempts to change power and Constitution on religious grounds
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss proposals to ban religious propaganda in public places
- 13.10.2016Fighting in Central African Republic kills at least 23
- 12.10.2016Case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-officials sent to court
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on developing draft legal acts on Referendum Act’s entry into force
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan to solemnly celebrate 25th anniversary of its independence
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC approves referendum results
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC cancels referendum results in three polling stations
- 11.10.2016CEC: Azerbaijan on par with leading European countries in terms of election
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan CEC sums up referendum results
- 10.10.2016Azerbaijan to wrap up referendum vote count on Oct. 11
- 08.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “Local products should be substantially cheaper than imported”
- 08.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Artificial increase in prices should not be allowed" - UPDATED
- 07.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan continues to develop successfully
- 07.10.2016Referendum in Azerbaijan was democratic, fair and fully transparent – president
- 07.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: European Parliament still regrets its anti-Azerbaijani actions
- 10.10.2013President Ilham Aliyev addresses nation on preliminary results of elections
- 10.10.2013CCTS observation mission: “It was the most perfect elections due to its technical capabilities”
- 10.10.2013Member of French Senate Nathalie Goulet: “I am observing progress in the conduct of elections in Azerbaijan”
- 10.10.2013U.S. company Arthur J. Finkelstein & Associates releases final results of exit-poll conducted in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 09.10.2013Abdulla Gul and Rajab Tayyib Erdogan congratulate Ilham Aliyev on victory
- 09.10.2013Gudrat Hasanguliyev congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory