CEC announces preliminary results of presidential election: Ilham Aliyev gains 86 percent of votes
The Central Election Commission (CEC) of Azerbaijan has announced preliminary results of the April 11 presidential election, with incumbent President Ilham Aliyev gaining 86% of the votes.
Speaking at a press conference on results of the voting, CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said the commission received protocols from 5201 polling stations.
“92 percent or 5,201 of 5,641 polling stations have presented their reports and 3,723,278 bulletins have been counted,” said Chairman of the Central Election Commission (CEC) Mazahir Panahov in an event dedicated to results of the presidential election
Head of the Central Election Commission Mezahir Penahov announced that 86 percent of voters cast ballots for Ilham Aliyev.
“Chairman of the Popular Front Party of Whole Azerbaijan Gudrat Hasanguliyev has garnered 3.04 percent of votes, self-nominee Zahid Oruj – 3.11 percent, Chairman of Azerbaijan Democratic Party Sardar Jalaloglu – 3.02 percent, Chairman of Modern Musavat Party Hafiz Hajiyev – 1.51 percent, Chairman of Azerbaijan Social Democratic Party Araz Alizada – 1.39 percent, Chairman of National Revival Movement Party Faraj Guliyev - 1.18 percent, Razi Nurullayev, nominated by Frontists Initiative Group – 0.75 percent,” he said.
The CEC head added that the exact results will be announced after receiving bulletins from some polling stations.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov has announced preliminary results of the presidential election in Azerbaijan, APA reports.
The preliminary results of the elections as follows:
Ilham Aliyev – 86,09 percent
Gudrat Hasanguliyev – 3,4 percent
Sardar Jalaloglu - 2,97 percent
Zahid Oruj - 3, 07 percent
Hafiz Hajiyev - 1,51 percent
Araz Alizade - 1,4 percent
Faraj Guliyev - 1,18 faiz
Razi Nurullayev 0, 74 percent
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 12.04.2018Voting in Azerbaijan’s presidential election was well-organized: British MP
- 12.04.2018SCO: No law violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018CIS: No doubts about legitimacy of presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: We will build a stronger Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Presidential nominee Zahid Oruj congratulated Ilham Aliyev on winning the presidential election
- 11.04.2018Italian MP: "The election process was organized flawlessly"