“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
Elkhan Suleymanov, a member of the Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE, expressed his opinion regarding shelling of the civil population of the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4 that resulted in death of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two years old grand daughter Zahra Guliyeva.
Suleymanov said: “On July 4, 2017 aggressor Armenia committed another bloody crime. Thus, Armenia armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Fizuli region with mortars and grenades. As a result of shelling by the enemy Guliyeva Sahiba (1967) and her 18-month-old granddaughter Guliyeva Zahra were killed. Another civilian Guliyeva Sarvinaz (1965) was wounded.
This criminal action against humanity committed by Armenia targeting at innocent civilians is not a random crime. Such crimes are committed systematically. During the occupation and after that for 25 years criminal Armenia regularly murdered the civilian population of Azerbaijan, especially women and children with special cruelty in the frontier territories.
The murder of Zahra, who was only 18 months old, as a result of missile shot by Armenian soldiers, undoubtedly recalls the other bloody crimes committed by the aggressor in the recent past. The death of Shahmaliyeva Aygun Ziraddin (1998) on June 12, 2012 as a result of explosion of “stuffed animal” toy thrown to Tovuz River which flaws to Alibayli village of Azerbaijan from the territories controlled by Armenia and the murder of 9-year-old Fariz Badalov on March 8, 2011 as a result of sniper shooting by Armenian armed forces from Agdam region occupied by Armenia are etched on our memory.
The fact that the Armenian side committed this crime after the visit of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region shows that it is not accidental. Indeed when we look at the immediate past we can see that at the time when the negotiations are intensified, important results are expected, during or following the next visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, Armenian side, as a rule, violated the ceasefire and the cases of murder of civilians, especially children have increased.
The same was the case this time again – following the visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, the enemy being loyal to its tradition, committed another bloody crime. At the time when there are callings for changing the status quo through substantive negotiations at the meetings with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, provocations of Armenian side aimed at deliberate killing of civilians and children once again prove that Armenian state is not interested in putting an end to the occupation.
Certainly, by noting the fact that the documents adopted by international organizations regarding the occupation are not implemented, and inspired by the absence of any difference between occupant and the occupied side and the fact that no sanctions are imposed on it for its occupation policy, Armenia continues to commit bloody crimes. In this case international organizations act as defenders of the aggressor Armenia and de-facto support it, killer of 18-month-old Zahra and other Azerbaijani children. Therefore, international community should stop its indifference and protection of aggressor Armenia and take real measures for stopping occupation.
Related news releases
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION