“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
Elkhan Suleymanov, a member of the Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE, expressed his opinion regarding shelling of the civil population of the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4 that resulted in death of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two years old grand daughter Zahra Guliyeva.
Suleymanov said: “On July 4, 2017 aggressor Armenia committed another bloody crime. Thus, Armenia armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Fizuli region with mortars and grenades. As a result of shelling by the enemy Guliyeva Sahiba (1967) and her 18-month-old granddaughter Guliyeva Zahra were killed. Another civilian Guliyeva Sarvinaz (1965) was wounded.
This criminal action against humanity committed by Armenia targeting at innocent civilians is not a random crime. Such crimes are committed systematically. During the occupation and after that for 25 years criminal Armenia regularly murdered the civilian population of Azerbaijan, especially women and children with special cruelty in the frontier territories.
The murder of Zahra, who was only 18 months old, as a result of missile shot by Armenian soldiers, undoubtedly recalls the other bloody crimes committed by the aggressor in the recent past. The death of Shahmaliyeva Aygun Ziraddin (1998) on June 12, 2012 as a result of explosion of “stuffed animal” toy thrown to Tovuz River which flaws to Alibayli village of Azerbaijan from the territories controlled by Armenia and the murder of 9-year-old Fariz Badalov on March 8, 2011 as a result of sniper shooting by Armenian armed forces from Agdam region occupied by Armenia are etched on our memory.
The fact that the Armenian side committed this crime after the visit of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region shows that it is not accidental. Indeed when we look at the immediate past we can see that at the time when the negotiations are intensified, important results are expected, during or following the next visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, Armenian side, as a rule, violated the ceasefire and the cases of murder of civilians, especially children have increased.
The same was the case this time again – following the visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, the enemy being loyal to its tradition, committed another bloody crime. At the time when there are callings for changing the status quo through substantive negotiations at the meetings with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, provocations of Armenian side aimed at deliberate killing of civilians and children once again prove that Armenian state is not interested in putting an end to the occupation.
Certainly, by noting the fact that the documents adopted by international organizations regarding the occupation are not implemented, and inspired by the absence of any difference between occupant and the occupied side and the fact that no sanctions are imposed on it for its occupation policy, Armenia continues to commit bloody crimes. In this case international organizations act as defenders of the aggressor Armenia and de-facto support it, killer of 18-month-old Zahra and other Azerbaijani children. Therefore, international community should stop its indifference and protection of aggressor Armenia and take real measures for stopping occupation.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 15.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Defense Ministry’s press service creates conditions for press to write about army
- 15.12.2017Media should only disseminate information verified by Azerbaijani MoD – MP
- 15.12.2017MP Fazil Mustafa criticizes activities of Penitentiary Service
- 15.12.2017New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
- 15.12.2017Media should not be banned from writing about army – MP Hasanguliyev
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes introducing parliamentary control over Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates administrative building of YAP Sumgayit city branch
- 15.12.2017Suicide attempt of young boy prevented in Baku
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION