“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
Elkhan Suleymanov, a member of the Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE, expressed his opinion regarding shelling of the civil population of the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4 that resulted in death of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two years old grand daughter Zahra Guliyeva.
Suleymanov said: “On July 4, 2017 aggressor Armenia committed another bloody crime. Thus, Armenia armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Fizuli region with mortars and grenades. As a result of shelling by the enemy Guliyeva Sahiba (1967) and her 18-month-old granddaughter Guliyeva Zahra were killed. Another civilian Guliyeva Sarvinaz (1965) was wounded.
This criminal action against humanity committed by Armenia targeting at innocent civilians is not a random crime. Such crimes are committed systematically. During the occupation and after that for 25 years criminal Armenia regularly murdered the civilian population of Azerbaijan, especially women and children with special cruelty in the frontier territories.
The murder of Zahra, who was only 18 months old, as a result of missile shot by Armenian soldiers, undoubtedly recalls the other bloody crimes committed by the aggressor in the recent past. The death of Shahmaliyeva Aygun Ziraddin (1998) on June 12, 2012 as a result of explosion of “stuffed animal” toy thrown to Tovuz River which flaws to Alibayli village of Azerbaijan from the territories controlled by Armenia and the murder of 9-year-old Fariz Badalov on March 8, 2011 as a result of sniper shooting by Armenian armed forces from Agdam region occupied by Armenia are etched on our memory.
The fact that the Armenian side committed this crime after the visit of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region shows that it is not accidental. Indeed when we look at the immediate past we can see that at the time when the negotiations are intensified, important results are expected, during or following the next visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, Armenian side, as a rule, violated the ceasefire and the cases of murder of civilians, especially children have increased.
The same was the case this time again – following the visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, the enemy being loyal to its tradition, committed another bloody crime. At the time when there are callings for changing the status quo through substantive negotiations at the meetings with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, provocations of Armenian side aimed at deliberate killing of civilians and children once again prove that Armenian state is not interested in putting an end to the occupation.
Certainly, by noting the fact that the documents adopted by international organizations regarding the occupation are not implemented, and inspired by the absence of any difference between occupant and the occupied side and the fact that no sanctions are imposed on it for its occupation policy, Armenia continues to commit bloody crimes. In this case international organizations act as defenders of the aggressor Armenia and de-facto support it, killer of 18-month-old Zahra and other Azerbaijani children. Therefore, international community should stop its indifference and protection of aggressor Armenia and take real measures for stopping occupation.
Related news releases
- 24.03.2018Four organizations apply to CEC to hold “exit-poll” during presidential elections
- 24.03.2018CEC begins publishing voting bulletins for upcoming presidential elections
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC: Necessary measures underway to ensure participation of all voters in presidential election
- 22.03.2018Application time expires for organizations seeking accrediation to hold ‘exit-poll’ during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION