“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
Elkhan Suleymanov, a member of the Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE, expressed his opinion regarding shelling of the civil population of the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4 that resulted in death of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two years old grand daughter Zahra Guliyeva.
Suleymanov said: “On July 4, 2017 aggressor Armenia committed another bloody crime. Thus, Armenia armed forces shelled Alkhanli village of Fizuli region with mortars and grenades. As a result of shelling by the enemy Guliyeva Sahiba (1967) and her 18-month-old granddaughter Guliyeva Zahra were killed. Another civilian Guliyeva Sarvinaz (1965) was wounded.
This criminal action against humanity committed by Armenia targeting at innocent civilians is not a random crime. Such crimes are committed systematically. During the occupation and after that for 25 years criminal Armenia regularly murdered the civilian population of Azerbaijan, especially women and children with special cruelty in the frontier territories.
The murder of Zahra, who was only 18 months old, as a result of missile shot by Armenian soldiers, undoubtedly recalls the other bloody crimes committed by the aggressor in the recent past. The death of Shahmaliyeva Aygun Ziraddin (1998) on June 12, 2012 as a result of explosion of “stuffed animal” toy thrown to Tovuz River which flaws to Alibayli village of Azerbaijan from the territories controlled by Armenia and the murder of 9-year-old Fariz Badalov on March 8, 2011 as a result of sniper shooting by Armenian armed forces from Agdam region occupied by Armenia are etched on our memory.
The fact that the Armenian side committed this crime after the visit of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region shows that it is not accidental. Indeed when we look at the immediate past we can see that at the time when the negotiations are intensified, important results are expected, during or following the next visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, Armenian side, as a rule, violated the ceasefire and the cases of murder of civilians, especially children have increased.
The same was the case this time again – following the visit of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to the region, the enemy being loyal to its tradition, committed another bloody crime. At the time when there are callings for changing the status quo through substantive negotiations at the meetings with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, provocations of Armenian side aimed at deliberate killing of civilians and children once again prove that Armenian state is not interested in putting an end to the occupation.
Certainly, by noting the fact that the documents adopted by international organizations regarding the occupation are not implemented, and inspired by the absence of any difference between occupant and the occupied side and the fact that no sanctions are imposed on it for its occupation policy, Armenia continues to commit bloody crimes. In this case international organizations act as defenders of the aggressor Armenia and de-facto support it, killer of 18-month-old Zahra and other Azerbaijani children. Therefore, international community should stop its indifference and protection of aggressor Armenia and take real measures for stopping occupation.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION