Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. A ceremony was held in Baku Nov. 30 to present the book titled “Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change” by writer-publicist, MP Elmira Akhundova.
Head of Azerbaijan's Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political affairs Ali Hasanov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the Administration's foreign relations department Novruz Mammadov, MPs and media representatives attended the ceremony.
Alizade said the book tells about the leadership qualities of President Ilham Aliyev.
“This book will make a huge contribution to bringing the realities of Azerbaijan to the world community in Russian. There is a need to translate and publish the book in the world’s leading languages,” he added.
In his speech, Urkhan Alekbarov, rector of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan, said the book contains valuable information, noting that the projects implemented under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev meet national, regional and global interests.
Speaking at the event, MP Mikhail Zabelin, who is also a board member of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), stressed that President Ilham Aliyev has done a great work in short period of time.
In his speech, MP Rasim Musabeyov said Azerbaijan, which is located in a complicated geopolitical region, continues developing successfully thanks to the policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev.
In turn, the author of the book, Elmira Akhundova, noted that this book is intended for foreign audience lacking sufficient information about Azerbaijan and its leader.
“Several foreign publishing houses have already expressed their desire to publish the book. My main goal was to create a portrait of President Ilham Aliyev and highlight his qualities as a leader and a person. I wrote this book on the initiative of academician Ramiz Mehdiyev,” she added.
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MP calls for revival of death penalty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan to criminalize defamation of president on Internet
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves draft proposal criminalizing offensive online activities by fake names or profiles