Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. A ceremony was held in Baku Nov. 30 to present the book titled “Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change” by writer-publicist, MP Elmira Akhundova.
Head of Azerbaijan's Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political affairs Ali Hasanov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the Administration's foreign relations department Novruz Mammadov, MPs and media representatives attended the ceremony.
Alizade said the book tells about the leadership qualities of President Ilham Aliyev.
“This book will make a huge contribution to bringing the realities of Azerbaijan to the world community in Russian. There is a need to translate and publish the book in the world’s leading languages,” he added.
In his speech, Urkhan Alekbarov, rector of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan, said the book contains valuable information, noting that the projects implemented under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev meet national, regional and global interests.
Speaking at the event, MP Mikhail Zabelin, who is also a board member of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), stressed that President Ilham Aliyev has done a great work in short period of time.
In his speech, MP Rasim Musabeyov said Azerbaijan, which is located in a complicated geopolitical region, continues developing successfully thanks to the policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev.
In turn, the author of the book, Elmira Akhundova, noted that this book is intended for foreign audience lacking sufficient information about Azerbaijan and its leader.
“Several foreign publishing houses have already expressed their desire to publish the book. My main goal was to create a portrait of President Ilham Aliyev and highlight his qualities as a leader and a person. I wrote this book on the initiative of academician Ramiz Mehdiyev,” she added.
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 01.06.2017Head of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 01.06.2017Fatma Abdullazade relieved of her duties
- 01.06.2017New structure of Azerbaijani Presidential Administration announced
- 01.06.2017New assistants to Azerbaijani president appointed
- 01.06.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Metsamor NPP poses huge threat to region and Europe
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up spring session
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MP calls for revival of death penalty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan to criminalize defamation of president on Internet
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves draft proposal criminalizing offensive online activities by fake names or profiles