Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. A ceremony was held in Baku Nov. 30 to present the book titled “Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change” by writer-publicist, MP Elmira Akhundova.
Head of Azerbaijan's Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political affairs Ali Hasanov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the Administration's foreign relations department Novruz Mammadov, MPs and media representatives attended the ceremony.
Alizade said the book tells about the leadership qualities of President Ilham Aliyev.
“This book will make a huge contribution to bringing the realities of Azerbaijan to the world community in Russian. There is a need to translate and publish the book in the world’s leading languages,” he added.
In his speech, Urkhan Alekbarov, rector of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan, said the book contains valuable information, noting that the projects implemented under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev meet national, regional and global interests.
Speaking at the event, MP Mikhail Zabelin, who is also a board member of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), stressed that President Ilham Aliyev has done a great work in short period of time.
In his speech, MP Rasim Musabeyov said Azerbaijan, which is located in a complicated geopolitical region, continues developing successfully thanks to the policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev.
In turn, the author of the book, Elmira Akhundova, noted that this book is intended for foreign audience lacking sufficient information about Azerbaijan and its leader.
“Several foreign publishing houses have already expressed their desire to publish the book. My main goal was to create a portrait of President Ilham Aliyev and highlight his qualities as a leader and a person. I wrote this book on the initiative of academician Ramiz Mehdiyev,” she added.
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MP calls for revival of death penalty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan to criminalize defamation of president on Internet
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves draft proposal criminalizing offensive online activities by fake names or profiles