Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. A ceremony was held in Baku Nov. 30 to present the book titled “Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change” by writer-publicist, MP Elmira Akhundova.
Head of Azerbaijan's Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political affairs Ali Hasanov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the Administration's foreign relations department Novruz Mammadov, MPs and media representatives attended the ceremony.
Alizade said the book tells about the leadership qualities of President Ilham Aliyev.
“This book will make a huge contribution to bringing the realities of Azerbaijan to the world community in Russian. There is a need to translate and publish the book in the world’s leading languages,” he added.
In his speech, Urkhan Alekbarov, rector of the Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan, said the book contains valuable information, noting that the projects implemented under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev meet national, regional and global interests.
Speaking at the event, MP Mikhail Zabelin, who is also a board member of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), stressed that President Ilham Aliyev has done a great work in short period of time.
In his speech, MP Rasim Musabeyov said Azerbaijan, which is located in a complicated geopolitical region, continues developing successfully thanks to the policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev.
In turn, the author of the book, Elmira Akhundova, noted that this book is intended for foreign audience lacking sufficient information about Azerbaijan and its leader.
“Several foreign publishing houses have already expressed their desire to publish the book. My main goal was to create a portrait of President Ilham Aliyev and highlight his qualities as a leader and a person. I wrote this book on the initiative of academician Ramiz Mehdiyev,” she added.
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Deputy PM calls for end to injustice against Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 10.04.2017Israeli envoy: Karabakh conflict settlement should be based on Minsk Group
- 08.04.2017Siyavush Novruzov: Relevant authorities investigating Ali Karimli’s migrant trade issue
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC warns political parties over failure to submit financial reports
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MP calls for revival of death penalty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan to criminalize defamation of president on Internet
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves draft proposal criminalizing offensive online activities by fake names or profiles