Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
An event dedicated to the first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey was held in the Azerbaijan State Academic Drama Theatre.
The event was attended by Azerbaijani President`s Aide for Public and Political Affairs Ali Hasanov, Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral, state representatives, MPs and others.
Making speech in the event, Ali Hasanov said that what happened in the 1990s of the last century and the events in Turkey a year ago revealed one truth: “Everyone should be aware of this truth. No one can win the will of the people. It’s impossible to overcome the will of the people”.
A. Hasanov noted that the measures taken by the president Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Turkey are already yielding results: “Today in Turkey, in the literal sense of the word, statehood, national unity is being strengthened. Turkey is turning into a force factor in our region and throughout the world. Everyone knows that on that unfortunate night on July 15 in Azerbaijan no one slept until the morning. As an assistant to the President of Azerbaijan, I witnessed that until the morning Mr. President Ilham Aliyev experienced serious upheavals throughout the night and though about how Azerbaijan can help the legally elected president of Turkey. He, then, gave the appropriate instructions, which were, if possible, implemented. The Azerbaijani state was the first to express its attitude to this issue and unequivocally supported the constitutional regime and power of Turkey
Hasanov said that the unity, solidarity and fraternity of the Azerbaijani and Turkish peoples set a good example for other Turkic-Muslim peoples.
Turkish Ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral thanked Azerbaijan for its support. He noted that the Azerbaijani state always supported Turkey in the fight against FETÖ.
- 24.10.2017Turkish soldier martyred in PKK attack
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants