Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
An event dedicated to the first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey was held in the Azerbaijan State Academic Drama Theatre.
The event was attended by Azerbaijani President`s Aide for Public and Political Affairs Ali Hasanov, Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral, state representatives, MPs and others.
Making speech in the event, Ali Hasanov said that what happened in the 1990s of the last century and the events in Turkey a year ago revealed one truth: “Everyone should be aware of this truth. No one can win the will of the people. It’s impossible to overcome the will of the people”.
A. Hasanov noted that the measures taken by the president Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Turkey are already yielding results: “Today in Turkey, in the literal sense of the word, statehood, national unity is being strengthened. Turkey is turning into a force factor in our region and throughout the world. Everyone knows that on that unfortunate night on July 15 in Azerbaijan no one slept until the morning. As an assistant to the President of Azerbaijan, I witnessed that until the morning Mr. President Ilham Aliyev experienced serious upheavals throughout the night and though about how Azerbaijan can help the legally elected president of Turkey. He, then, gave the appropriate instructions, which were, if possible, implemented. The Azerbaijani state was the first to express its attitude to this issue and unequivocally supported the constitutional regime and power of Turkey
Hasanov said that the unity, solidarity and fraternity of the Azerbaijani and Turkish peoples set a good example for other Turkic-Muslim peoples.
Turkish Ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral thanked Azerbaijan for its support. He noted that the Azerbaijani state always supported Turkey in the fight against FETÖ.
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants