Baku hosts conference entitled “Heydar Aliyev – First Azerbaijani General of state security agencies”
A republic-wide conference, entitled “Heydar Aliyev – First Azerbaijani General of state security agencies” was held in Baku on May 3.
Addressing the event, Head of the State Security Service of Azerbaijan, Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev said that Heydar Aliyev spent 25 years of his life working for state security agencies.
"Therefore, the holding of such an event is no coincidence. Throughout his reign, Heydar Aliyev paid huge attention to developing special service agencies and attached great importance to forming these bodies. While he was in power during the Soviet era, Heydar Aliyev pursued a policy of nationalism within security agencies in order to generate qualified personnel for Azerbaijan, said Guliyev. “He prevented the annexation of Azerbaijani lands to Armenia and created conditions for the use of our native language during official events. During the Soviet era, Heydar Aliyev saved many intellectuals from imprisonment and prosecution for national ideas,” he said.
Guliyev added that Heydar Aliyev’s operational experience in security agencies is still being studied and instilled into the personnel.
The Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, said in his speech that Azerbaijan is developing and making new achievements, adding that the people live in a state of security and well-being.
“In the 1970s to 1980s, when Heydar Aliyev ruled Azerbaijan, training of military personnel was in the limelight. The opening of the military school named after Jamshid Nakhchivansky brought to an increase in the number of Azerbaijani officers within the Soviet army. Those officers would afterwards play a key role in national army building.
Hasanov went on to say: “It should be noted that some “generals”, who were among you a few years ago, instead of continuing the beautiful tradition and ideology of the national leader, with their unworthy actions, inflicted such a blow on the reputation of Azerbaijan’s national security agencies that could not be inflicted by specially trained anti-Azerbaijani forces. Do you know why this happened? Because those people were not professional and true intellectual as the national leader, or their intellect and moral qualities were not enough to be generals of such a body. Heydar Aliyev was a general who was born in a simple working-class family and managed to reach the top of the Soviet security agencies.”
The presidential aide noted that Heydar Aliyev, after returning to power for the second time, paid attention to the activities of security agencies, their provision with technical equipment, as well as training of new young staff along with the maintenance of professional staff formed during the Soviet period.
“The policy of the national leader was successfully continued by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in accordance with the new requirements. A concept of national security has been developed and adopted under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev. The concept has been developed in order to determine objectives, principles and approaches of the policy aimed at protecting the state’s independence, territorial integrity, constitutional structure, national interests of the people and country from internal and external threats, as well as develop the security system in accordance with challenges of the 21st century. In this direction, the necessary legal framework has been created, technical support and training activities have been brought into line with the new requirements. The implementation of reforms in the security system that meet the requirements of the modern period is also in the spotlight of the country’s leadership,” added Hasanov.
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani envoy: There can be no explanation for act against Turkey at recent NATO drill
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan parliament begins discussion of 2018 state budget package
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several persons for their active role in Azerbaijan’s public-political life
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title ‘honored civil servant’ on two persons
- 17.11.2017MP Siyavush Novruzov: Musavat Party should not claim to be successor to the Musavat of ADR period
- 17.11.2017European Parliament unable to conceal coming under Armenian lobby’s influence, says Azerbaijani MP
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan begins preparation for celebration of ADR centenary
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2017"Learning to Learn" 2nd International Learning Conference underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Ahliman Amiraslanov awarded 'Sharaf' order
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Absheron district
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute
- 13.11.2017MP Hasanguliyev urges privatization of ‘Azerishig’ and ‘Azeristiliktechizat’
- 13.11.2017Arif Rahimzade: Local executive authorities restrict activities of municipalities
- 12.11.2017Azerbaijan marks Constitution Day
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of Center for Strategic Studies
- 10.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: No financial problems in Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017About 20 Azerbaijani children in Iraqi shelter to be repatriated soon – diplomat
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani FM: Impossible to defeat terrorism without cooperation
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Some states support Armenia in UN, so resolutions on Karabakh remain unfulfilled
- 06.05.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference on national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birth anniversary
- 02.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: We can’t allow socio-political destabilization in country for 5 or 10 manats
- 02.05.2017U.S. issues travel alert for Europe, citing threat of terrorist attacks
- 01.05.2017Death toll among Afghan forces at 807 in Jan-Feb, says report