Baku hosts conference entitled “Heydar Aliyev – First Azerbaijani General of state security agencies”
A republic-wide conference, entitled “Heydar Aliyev – First Azerbaijani General of state security agencies” was held in Baku on May 3.
Addressing the event, Head of the State Security Service of Azerbaijan, Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev said that Heydar Aliyev spent 25 years of his life working for state security agencies.
"Therefore, the holding of such an event is no coincidence. Throughout his reign, Heydar Aliyev paid huge attention to developing special service agencies and attached great importance to forming these bodies. While he was in power during the Soviet era, Heydar Aliyev pursued a policy of nationalism within security agencies in order to generate qualified personnel for Azerbaijan, said Guliyev. “He prevented the annexation of Azerbaijani lands to Armenia and created conditions for the use of our native language during official events. During the Soviet era, Heydar Aliyev saved many intellectuals from imprisonment and prosecution for national ideas,” he said.
Guliyev added that Heydar Aliyev’s operational experience in security agencies is still being studied and instilled into the personnel.
The Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, said in his speech that Azerbaijan is developing and making new achievements, adding that the people live in a state of security and well-being.
“In the 1970s to 1980s, when Heydar Aliyev ruled Azerbaijan, training of military personnel was in the limelight. The opening of the military school named after Jamshid Nakhchivansky brought to an increase in the number of Azerbaijani officers within the Soviet army. Those officers would afterwards play a key role in national army building.
Hasanov went on to say: “It should be noted that some “generals”, who were among you a few years ago, instead of continuing the beautiful tradition and ideology of the national leader, with their unworthy actions, inflicted such a blow on the reputation of Azerbaijan’s national security agencies that could not be inflicted by specially trained anti-Azerbaijani forces. Do you know why this happened? Because those people were not professional and true intellectual as the national leader, or their intellect and moral qualities were not enough to be generals of such a body. Heydar Aliyev was a general who was born in a simple working-class family and managed to reach the top of the Soviet security agencies.”
The presidential aide noted that Heydar Aliyev, after returning to power for the second time, paid attention to the activities of security agencies, their provision with technical equipment, as well as training of new young staff along with the maintenance of professional staff formed during the Soviet period.
“The policy of the national leader was successfully continued by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in accordance with the new requirements. A concept of national security has been developed and adopted under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev. The concept has been developed in order to determine objectives, principles and approaches of the policy aimed at protecting the state’s independence, territorial integrity, constitutional structure, national interests of the people and country from internal and external threats, as well as develop the security system in accordance with challenges of the 21st century. In this direction, the necessary legal framework has been created, technical support and training activities have been brought into line with the new requirements. The implementation of reforms in the security system that meet the requirements of the modern period is also in the spotlight of the country’s leadership,” added Hasanov.
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani FM: Impossible to defeat terrorism without cooperation
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Some states support Armenia in UN, so resolutions on Karabakh remain unfulfilled
- 06.05.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference on national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birth anniversary
- 02.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: We can’t allow socio-political destabilization in country for 5 or 10 manats
- 02.05.2017U.S. issues travel alert for Europe, citing threat of terrorist attacks
- 01.05.2017Death toll among Afghan forces at 807 in Jan-Feb, says report