Azerbaijani President: "The April battles are our glorious history"
The head of state praised heroism of the Azerbaijani Army and Azerbaijani citizens during the April battles. The President noted that the Azerbaijani Army gained military victory as they repulsed the attack of the enemy.
By conducting counterattack operation from unfavorable positions, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces liberated the territory of the former Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region - present Aghdere region, as well as large territories in the direction of Jabrayil, Fuzuli from the occupation.
“For many years Armenia has been spreading lies and myths about its army, suggesting that it allegedly has an invincible army. The April fighting showed which army is actually invincible. The Azerbaijani army is invincible.”
The President said that Azerbaijan showed its strength in these battles not only the enemy, and once again proved to the enemy and world that, we will never reconcile with the current situation. “Nagorno-Karabakh is our historic land. So are Shusha, Khankendi and other lands, which remained under the occupation.”
“Our historical geography was very wide,” President Ilham Aliyev said. The head of state added that Yerevan, Goyche and Zangazur are the historical lands of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Deputy PM calls for end to injustice against Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 10.04.2017Israeli envoy: Karabakh conflict settlement should be based on Minsk Group
- 08.04.2017Siyavush Novruzov: Relevant authorities investigating Ali Karimli’s migrant trade issue
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC warns political parties over failure to submit financial reports
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves annual report by National Coordinator for combating human trafficking
- 07.04.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan has never been as strong in history as it is now"
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament begins 2017 state budget discussion
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Flag Museum in Aghdam district
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views repair works in houses damaged by Armenian shelling during April battle in Aghdam
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghdam