Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has submitted to the Parliament a bill on humanization of criminal legislation.
The bill provides for decriminalization of over 10 criminal actions in the Criminal Code. Among these actions are mostly crimes that do not pose a significant public threat or are committed out of negligence, APA reported.
In addition, given the socio-economic processes ongoing in the country, the bill envisages a five-fold increase (from AZN 100 to AZN 500) in the amounts of fine imposed for crimes against property. As a result, a number of acts will shift from the category of crime to the category of administrative offence.
In order to reduce the application of imprisonment and introduce alternative penalties instead of sanctions, a new type of penalty has been introduced to the Criminal Code. That is surveillance on residence without isolation from society. In more than 140 articles of the Criminal Code, restriction of freedom has introduced to sanctions as an alternative form of penalty.
The bill also envisages liberalizing the legislation in respect of a number of crimes committed against property and in the field of economic activity, as well as changing the attitude towards those charged with acquisition and possession of drugs and drug substances.
Related news releases
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 27.11.2013Jamil Hasanli comments on discord within National Council
- 27.11.2013Minister of Internal Affairs receives PACE rapporteur on Human Rights
- 28.11.2013Americans back Iran deal by 2-to-1 margin
- 26.11.2013UN Secretary General congratulates Ilham Aliyev on his reelection as Azerbaijani President
- 23.11.2013Abel Maharramov: “Monuments should be erected to the founders of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic”
- 22.11.2013President Ilham Aliyev views administrative building of Sabail Executive Authorities after major overhaul