Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
All necessary measures are underway for Azerbaijani children and younger general to be well-educated, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a meting with teachers and pupils during the opening ceremony of the new building of school-lyceum No. 20 named after Arif Huseynzade, APA reported.
The head of state noted that the literacy rate in Azerbaijan is close to 100%, which he said is common for Azerbaijan and unachievable for my countries.
“This is a big advantage for us. Our children should be well-educated so that they can have a deserved position in society. In today’s world, knowledge and education defines everything. We have all necessary conditions for children to excel in their studies,” he said.
The president said that the development of any country is defined by intellectual potential.
“It’s enough to look at achievements of developed countries. Countries with innovations and technological development have leading roles worldwide. Future development will be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources. We can see how technologies in the economic, military, and other areas develop. The founders of those technologies today have their say in the world. Therefore, we attach importance to science, education and technology in Azerbaijan, so that it can achieve a technological development,” he said.
President Aliyev expressed his confidence that the intellectual potential of the Azerbaijani society will always be at a high level, which is necessary for both development and stability prevailing in our country.
He went on to say: “We must protect ourselves from external influences. Because an ideological struggle, war is going on throughout the world. This is the basis of the further bloody wars. The minds of people and especially young people are poisoned and they are incited to take unpleasant steps. Then they are used to display the dirty intentions of some foreign circles in this or another country. That’s why we should protect ourselves protect from negative and external influences. How? It depends on you – the teachers. You should make sure that children are knowledgeable, literate so that no external influence could affect the consciousness of our children. Moreover, students and teachers should educate children in a patriotic spirit so that they be faithful to the motherland, grow in the national spirit and prefer national values above all else. If there is any concussion in our national value, it can also affect the society. Thus, I always say that our national and moral values are superior to everything for us. We must protect them and our national spirit.”
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order