Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
All necessary measures are underway for Azerbaijani children and younger general to be well-educated, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a meting with teachers and pupils during the opening ceremony of the new building of school-lyceum No. 20 named after Arif Huseynzade, APA reported.
The head of state noted that the literacy rate in Azerbaijan is close to 100%, which he said is common for Azerbaijan and unachievable for my countries.
“This is a big advantage for us. Our children should be well-educated so that they can have a deserved position in society. In today’s world, knowledge and education defines everything. We have all necessary conditions for children to excel in their studies,” he said.
The president said that the development of any country is defined by intellectual potential.
“It’s enough to look at achievements of developed countries. Countries with innovations and technological development have leading roles worldwide. Future development will be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources. We can see how technologies in the economic, military, and other areas develop. The founders of those technologies today have their say in the world. Therefore, we attach importance to science, education and technology in Azerbaijan, so that it can achieve a technological development,” he said.
President Aliyev expressed his confidence that the intellectual potential of the Azerbaijani society will always be at a high level, which is necessary for both development and stability prevailing in our country.
He went on to say: “We must protect ourselves from external influences. Because an ideological struggle, war is going on throughout the world. This is the basis of the further bloody wars. The minds of people and especially young people are poisoned and they are incited to take unpleasant steps. Then they are used to display the dirty intentions of some foreign circles in this or another country. That’s why we should protect ourselves protect from negative and external influences. How? It depends on you – the teachers. You should make sure that children are knowledgeable, literate so that no external influence could affect the consciousness of our children. Moreover, students and teachers should educate children in a patriotic spirit so that they be faithful to the motherland, grow in the national spirit and prefer national values above all else. If there is any concussion in our national value, it can also affect the society. Thus, I always say that our national and moral values are superior to everything for us. We must protect them and our national spirit.”
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order