Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
All necessary measures are underway for Azerbaijani children and younger general to be well-educated, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a meting with teachers and pupils during the opening ceremony of the new building of school-lyceum No. 20 named after Arif Huseynzade, APA reported.
The head of state noted that the literacy rate in Azerbaijan is close to 100%, which he said is common for Azerbaijan and unachievable for my countries.
“This is a big advantage for us. Our children should be well-educated so that they can have a deserved position in society. In today’s world, knowledge and education defines everything. We have all necessary conditions for children to excel in their studies,” he said.
The president said that the development of any country is defined by intellectual potential.
“It’s enough to look at achievements of developed countries. Countries with innovations and technological development have leading roles worldwide. Future development will be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources. We can see how technologies in the economic, military, and other areas develop. The founders of those technologies today have their say in the world. Therefore, we attach importance to science, education and technology in Azerbaijan, so that it can achieve a technological development,” he said.
President Aliyev expressed his confidence that the intellectual potential of the Azerbaijani society will always be at a high level, which is necessary for both development and stability prevailing in our country.
He went on to say: “We must protect ourselves from external influences. Because an ideological struggle, war is going on throughout the world. This is the basis of the further bloody wars. The minds of people and especially young people are poisoned and they are incited to take unpleasant steps. Then they are used to display the dirty intentions of some foreign circles in this or another country. That’s why we should protect ourselves protect from negative and external influences. How? It depends on you – the teachers. You should make sure that children are knowledgeable, literate so that no external influence could affect the consciousness of our children. Moreover, students and teachers should educate children in a patriotic spirit so that they be faithful to the motherland, grow in the national spirit and prefer national values above all else. If there is any concussion in our national value, it can also affect the society. Thus, I always say that our national and moral values are superior to everything for us. We must protect them and our national spirit.”
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order