Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
All necessary measures are underway for Azerbaijani children and younger general to be well-educated, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a meting with teachers and pupils during the opening ceremony of the new building of school-lyceum No. 20 named after Arif Huseynzade, APA reported.
The head of state noted that the literacy rate in Azerbaijan is close to 100%, which he said is common for Azerbaijan and unachievable for my countries.
“This is a big advantage for us. Our children should be well-educated so that they can have a deserved position in society. In today’s world, knowledge and education defines everything. We have all necessary conditions for children to excel in their studies,” he said.
The president said that the development of any country is defined by intellectual potential.
“It’s enough to look at achievements of developed countries. Countries with innovations and technological development have leading roles worldwide. Future development will be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources. We can see how technologies in the economic, military, and other areas develop. The founders of those technologies today have their say in the world. Therefore, we attach importance to science, education and technology in Azerbaijan, so that it can achieve a technological development,” he said.
President Aliyev expressed his confidence that the intellectual potential of the Azerbaijani society will always be at a high level, which is necessary for both development and stability prevailing in our country.
He went on to say: “We must protect ourselves from external influences. Because an ideological struggle, war is going on throughout the world. This is the basis of the further bloody wars. The minds of people and especially young people are poisoned and they are incited to take unpleasant steps. Then they are used to display the dirty intentions of some foreign circles in this or another country. That’s why we should protect ourselves protect from negative and external influences. How? It depends on you – the teachers. You should make sure that children are knowledgeable, literate so that no external influence could affect the consciousness of our children. Moreover, students and teachers should educate children in a patriotic spirit so that they be faithful to the motherland, grow in the national spirit and prefer national values above all else. If there is any concussion in our national value, it can also affect the society. Thus, I always say that our national and moral values are superior to everything for us. We must protect them and our national spirit.”
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order