Azerbaijani parliament’s spring session begins
The spring session of the Azerbaijani Milli Mejlis (parliament) started on Feb. 1.
Speaker Ogtay Asadov declared the session open after the national anthem was played.
Asadov said the government’s report will be heard during the spring session.
The agenda of the spring session’s first plenary meeting includes issues related to reformation of the parliament’s disciplinary and accounting commissions, approval of the “Agreement between the Governments of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the State of Kuwait concerning air services” and “Agreement on economic cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Portugal” and draft amendments to “The Disciplinary Regulations of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces”, “Garrison and Guard Duty Charter of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, “Regulations on military service”, the Criminal Code, Administrative Offences Code, Customs Code, and the laws on “Access to information”, “Insolvency and bankruptcy”, “Accounting”, “Advertising”, “Grants”, “Social insurance”, “State duty”, “Aviation”, “Customs tariff”, “Securities market”, “Protection of historical and cultural monuments”, and the “Regulation on Service in the Internal Affairs Bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and the “Lists of the number and the total amount of drugs and psychotropic substances which are sufficient to bring a person to criminal responsibility”.
Related news releases
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 01.02.2017Trump's decision paves way for rise of Islamophobia: Azerbaijani MP
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijan parl’t speaker denies reports of non-payment of compensation to owners of demolished properties
- 01.02.2017Numerous political parties still fail to submit financial statements, says Azerbaijani MP
- 01.02.2017Compositions of two Azerbaijani parliamentary commissions reformed
- 01.02.2017Official Exchange Rates
- 31.01.2017Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 133rd birth anniversary