Azerbaijani MPs complains about state agencies
Azerbaijani MPs Yevda Abramov and Tahir Karimi made complaints about some state agencies and ministries.
“Though we send applications of voters to relevant government agencies and ministries, we are getting response from some of them,” MP Yevda Abramov said addressing a meeting of the parliamentary Committee on human rights on Thursday.
He regarded such an attitude of some state agencies as a lack of respect for the parliament.
“In this case, citizens take offense at the parliament. They are waiting for a response from us, being unaware of the fact that some ministries and state agencies are even disrespecting us,” the MP added.
MP Abramov accused some of his colleagues of resorting to a ‘cheap PR’. “We are not saying it to draw attention. Some MPs advertise themselves. Some colleagues inform media even about their drinking coffee on the plane. There is no need for such advertising,” he said.
MP Tahir Karimli also accused some government agencies and ministries of disrespecting MPs' inquiries. “Even assistants of some of them do not respond to us. Whom should we solve the problems of citizens with?”
Parliament vice-speaker, chairperson of the Committee on human rights Bahar Muradova said such an attitude of state agencies should not be regarded as disrespect for the parliament. "They respond only to the letters, which they deem necessary", she noted.
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 15.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Defense Ministry’s press service creates conditions for press to write about army
- 15.12.2017Media should only disseminate information verified by Azerbaijani MoD – MP
- 15.12.2017MP Fazil Mustafa criticizes activities of Penitentiary Service
- 15.12.2017New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
- 15.12.2017Media should not be banned from writing about army – MP Hasanguliyev
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes introducing parliamentary control over Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates administrative building of YAP Sumgayit city branch
- 15.12.2017Suicide attempt of young boy prevented in Baku
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 19.01.2017Bloody clothes of 20 January martyrs still remain: CMO
- 20.01.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 27th anniversary of 20 January Tragedy
- 20.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to 20 January martyrs
- 17.01.2017ISESCO condemns ceasefire violations by Armenia in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 13.01.2017Iraqi forces make gains against Islamic State in Mosul
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing code of ethics for MPs