Azerbaijani MPs complains about state agencies
Azerbaijani MPs Yevda Abramov and Tahir Karimi made complaints about some state agencies and ministries.
“Though we send applications of voters to relevant government agencies and ministries, we are getting response from some of them,” MP Yevda Abramov said addressing a meeting of the parliamentary Committee on human rights on Thursday.
He regarded such an attitude of some state agencies as a lack of respect for the parliament.
“In this case, citizens take offense at the parliament. They are waiting for a response from us, being unaware of the fact that some ministries and state agencies are even disrespecting us,” the MP added.
MP Abramov accused some of his colleagues of resorting to a ‘cheap PR’. “We are not saying it to draw attention. Some MPs advertise themselves. Some colleagues inform media even about their drinking coffee on the plane. There is no need for such advertising,” he said.
MP Tahir Karimli also accused some government agencies and ministries of disrespecting MPs' inquiries. “Even assistants of some of them do not respond to us. Whom should we solve the problems of citizens with?”
Parliament vice-speaker, chairperson of the Committee on human rights Bahar Muradova said such an attitude of state agencies should not be regarded as disrespect for the parliament. "They respond only to the letters, which they deem necessary", she noted.
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Shamkir district for visit
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Gadabay district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 18.04.2007Latvian Foreign Minister visits Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2007Austrian Constitutional Court’s acting chairperson to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2007Booklet published by PACE regards Iltizam Ekberli as oppositionist
- 18.04.2007Azerbaijan-Russia Intergovernmental commission’s meeting postponed
- 18.04.2007Latvia’s Foreign Minister visits Shaki
- 18.04.2007Afghan Interior Minister to visit Azerbaijan