Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
Some external circles envy the independent domestic and foreign policy of the Azerbaijani government, Siyavush Novruzov, a member of the Azerbaijani parliament and deputy executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), told APA while commenting on the anti-Azerbaijani articles published by The Guardian and The Washington.
According to him, the reason for such occasional anti-Azerbaijani campaign is the fact that the Azerbaijani state has never disobeyed any external forces.
“This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks,” said the MP.
Investigations show that the Armenian lobby, as well as the media and journalists influenced by them are take an active part in spreading such anti-Azerbaijani allegations, noted Novruzov.
“For example, one of the authors of the statement made on behalf of the OCCRP is an Armenian. If the OCCRP is really a network that investigates corruption-related facts, then why does not publish any article about politicians, experts bribed by the Armenian lobby? Why doesn’t it inform about how the Armenian lobby bribed politicians from the US, France, and Russia and paid them in order to legitimize the occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh? All these facts show that the OCCRP is a fake company and a tool for the information warfare of the circles which demonstrate hostile attitude towards Azerbaijan. However, those who stand behind the OCCRP well understand that all efforts are in vain” he said.
Azerbaijan is not one of the countries than can be confused with fake information, the MP stressed, adding. “The basis of the principled, thoughtful and decisive policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev is the national interests of the Azerbaijani people, and no adventurous campaign, attempt of pressure can force Azerbaijan to give up its path.”
Speaking to APA, MP Hikmat Babaoglu said that Azerbaijan’s independent domestic and foreign policy, its high international reputation, attitude to the events taking places in the world, strong immunity against various forces, and the fact that the country puts national and state interests above all seriously worry some foreign circles and pro-Armenian forces.
According to him, the recently-launched dirty campaign against Azerbaijan is an attempt by foreign anti-Azerbaijani and pro-Armenian forces to mislead the international community and undermine Azerbaijan’s high reputation.
“To this end, another disinformation was spread that Azerbaijan allegedly bribed foreign politicians, experts, officials and is financing them with secret funds. This information is artificially circulated by the international media,” he said. “This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks.”
The MP drew the attention to the activity of the Armenian lobby and bribed journalists in spreading such allegations against Azerbaijan.
“For example, one of the authors of the article published by The Guardian is Armenian Dina Nagapetyan. These circles have chosen as their target not only Azerbaijan, but also public and political figures, officials, experts who have positive opinions about the development, socio-political life and economic success of Azerbaijan,” he added.
The MP said that the involvement in this case of notorious billionaire and political trickster George Soros should be regarded as an attempt to continue the implementation of his unfinished plans of coups in the post-Soviet space.
“As you know, a petition was launched in the US to declare Soros a terrorist. A large number of signatures has already been collected for its consideration in relevant structures. This man is accused of committing economic and financial terror in the US, as well as damaging the economic interests of the state by creating an atmosphere of unfair competition. The fact of cooperation between this kind of man and Armenians is not surprising, because they share common terrorist features,” he added.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit