Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
Some external circles envy the independent domestic and foreign policy of the Azerbaijani government, Siyavush Novruzov, a member of the Azerbaijani parliament and deputy executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), told APA while commenting on the anti-Azerbaijani articles published by The Guardian and The Washington.
According to him, the reason for such occasional anti-Azerbaijani campaign is the fact that the Azerbaijani state has never disobeyed any external forces.
“This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks,” said the MP.
Investigations show that the Armenian lobby, as well as the media and journalists influenced by them are take an active part in spreading such anti-Azerbaijani allegations, noted Novruzov.
“For example, one of the authors of the statement made on behalf of the OCCRP is an Armenian. If the OCCRP is really a network that investigates corruption-related facts, then why does not publish any article about politicians, experts bribed by the Armenian lobby? Why doesn’t it inform about how the Armenian lobby bribed politicians from the US, France, and Russia and paid them in order to legitimize the occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh? All these facts show that the OCCRP is a fake company and a tool for the information warfare of the circles which demonstrate hostile attitude towards Azerbaijan. However, those who stand behind the OCCRP well understand that all efforts are in vain” he said.
Azerbaijan is not one of the countries than can be confused with fake information, the MP stressed, adding. “The basis of the principled, thoughtful and decisive policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev is the national interests of the Azerbaijani people, and no adventurous campaign, attempt of pressure can force Azerbaijan to give up its path.”
Speaking to APA, MP Hikmat Babaoglu said that Azerbaijan’s independent domestic and foreign policy, its high international reputation, attitude to the events taking places in the world, strong immunity against various forces, and the fact that the country puts national and state interests above all seriously worry some foreign circles and pro-Armenian forces.
According to him, the recently-launched dirty campaign against Azerbaijan is an attempt by foreign anti-Azerbaijani and pro-Armenian forces to mislead the international community and undermine Azerbaijan’s high reputation.
“To this end, another disinformation was spread that Azerbaijan allegedly bribed foreign politicians, experts, officials and is financing them with secret funds. This information is artificially circulated by the international media,” he said. “This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks.”
The MP drew the attention to the activity of the Armenian lobby and bribed journalists in spreading such allegations against Azerbaijan.
“For example, one of the authors of the article published by The Guardian is Armenian Dina Nagapetyan. These circles have chosen as their target not only Azerbaijan, but also public and political figures, officials, experts who have positive opinions about the development, socio-political life and economic success of Azerbaijan,” he added.
The MP said that the involvement in this case of notorious billionaire and political trickster George Soros should be regarded as an attempt to continue the implementation of his unfinished plans of coups in the post-Soviet space.
“As you know, a petition was launched in the US to declare Soros a terrorist. A large number of signatures has already been collected for its consideration in relevant structures. This man is accused of committing economic and financial terror in the US, as well as damaging the economic interests of the state by creating an atmosphere of unfair competition. The fact of cooperation between this kind of man and Armenians is not surprising, because they share common terrorist features,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit