Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
Some external circles envy the independent domestic and foreign policy of the Azerbaijani government, Siyavush Novruzov, a member of the Azerbaijani parliament and deputy executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), told APA while commenting on the anti-Azerbaijani articles published by The Guardian and The Washington.
According to him, the reason for such occasional anti-Azerbaijani campaign is the fact that the Azerbaijani state has never disobeyed any external forces.
“This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks,” said the MP.
Investigations show that the Armenian lobby, as well as the media and journalists influenced by them are take an active part in spreading such anti-Azerbaijani allegations, noted Novruzov.
“For example, one of the authors of the statement made on behalf of the OCCRP is an Armenian. If the OCCRP is really a network that investigates corruption-related facts, then why does not publish any article about politicians, experts bribed by the Armenian lobby? Why doesn’t it inform about how the Armenian lobby bribed politicians from the US, France, and Russia and paid them in order to legitimize the occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh? All these facts show that the OCCRP is a fake company and a tool for the information warfare of the circles which demonstrate hostile attitude towards Azerbaijan. However, those who stand behind the OCCRP well understand that all efforts are in vain” he said.
Azerbaijan is not one of the countries than can be confused with fake information, the MP stressed, adding. “The basis of the principled, thoughtful and decisive policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev is the national interests of the Azerbaijani people, and no adventurous campaign, attempt of pressure can force Azerbaijan to give up its path.”
Speaking to APA, MP Hikmat Babaoglu said that Azerbaijan’s independent domestic and foreign policy, its high international reputation, attitude to the events taking places in the world, strong immunity against various forces, and the fact that the country puts national and state interests above all seriously worry some foreign circles and pro-Armenian forces.
According to him, the recently-launched dirty campaign against Azerbaijan is an attempt by foreign anti-Azerbaijani and pro-Armenian forces to mislead the international community and undermine Azerbaijan’s high reputation.
“To this end, another disinformation was spread that Azerbaijan allegedly bribed foreign politicians, experts, officials and is financing them with secret funds. This information is artificially circulated by the international media,” he said. “This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks.”
The MP drew the attention to the activity of the Armenian lobby and bribed journalists in spreading such allegations against Azerbaijan.
“For example, one of the authors of the article published by The Guardian is Armenian Dina Nagapetyan. These circles have chosen as their target not only Azerbaijan, but also public and political figures, officials, experts who have positive opinions about the development, socio-political life and economic success of Azerbaijan,” he added.
The MP said that the involvement in this case of notorious billionaire and political trickster George Soros should be regarded as an attempt to continue the implementation of his unfinished plans of coups in the post-Soviet space.
“As you know, a petition was launched in the US to declare Soros a terrorist. A large number of signatures has already been collected for its consideration in relevant structures. This man is accused of committing economic and financial terror in the US, as well as damaging the economic interests of the state by creating an atmosphere of unfair competition. The fact of cooperation between this kind of man and Armenians is not surprising, because they share common terrorist features,” he added.
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit