Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
Some external circles envy the independent domestic and foreign policy of the Azerbaijani government, Siyavush Novruzov, a member of the Azerbaijani parliament and deputy executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), told APA while commenting on the anti-Azerbaijani articles published by The Guardian and The Washington.
According to him, the reason for such occasional anti-Azerbaijani campaign is the fact that the Azerbaijani state has never disobeyed any external forces.
“This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks,” said the MP.
Investigations show that the Armenian lobby, as well as the media and journalists influenced by them are take an active part in spreading such anti-Azerbaijani allegations, noted Novruzov.
“For example, one of the authors of the statement made on behalf of the OCCRP is an Armenian. If the OCCRP is really a network that investigates corruption-related facts, then why does not publish any article about politicians, experts bribed by the Armenian lobby? Why doesn’t it inform about how the Armenian lobby bribed politicians from the US, France, and Russia and paid them in order to legitimize the occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh? All these facts show that the OCCRP is a fake company and a tool for the information warfare of the circles which demonstrate hostile attitude towards Azerbaijan. However, those who stand behind the OCCRP well understand that all efforts are in vain” he said.
Azerbaijan is not one of the countries than can be confused with fake information, the MP stressed, adding. “The basis of the principled, thoughtful and decisive policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev is the national interests of the Azerbaijani people, and no adventurous campaign, attempt of pressure can force Azerbaijan to give up its path.”
Speaking to APA, MP Hikmat Babaoglu said that Azerbaijan’s independent domestic and foreign policy, its high international reputation, attitude to the events taking places in the world, strong immunity against various forces, and the fact that the country puts national and state interests above all seriously worry some foreign circles and pro-Armenian forces.
According to him, the recently-launched dirty campaign against Azerbaijan is an attempt by foreign anti-Azerbaijani and pro-Armenian forces to mislead the international community and undermine Azerbaijan’s high reputation.
“To this end, another disinformation was spread that Azerbaijan allegedly bribed foreign politicians, experts, officials and is financing them with secret funds. This information is artificially circulated by the international media,” he said. “This information was provided on behalf of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP), created for dubious purposed and financed by Armenian foundations and well-known fraudster George Soros, who failed to achieve his special goals in Azerbaijan. This information was immediately media public by certain foreign media networks.”
The MP drew the attention to the activity of the Armenian lobby and bribed journalists in spreading such allegations against Azerbaijan.
“For example, one of the authors of the article published by The Guardian is Armenian Dina Nagapetyan. These circles have chosen as their target not only Azerbaijan, but also public and political figures, officials, experts who have positive opinions about the development, socio-political life and economic success of Azerbaijan,” he added.
The MP said that the involvement in this case of notorious billionaire and political trickster George Soros should be regarded as an attempt to continue the implementation of his unfinished plans of coups in the post-Soviet space.
“As you know, a petition was launched in the US to declare Soros a terrorist. A large number of signatures has already been collected for its consideration in relevant structures. This man is accused of committing economic and financial terror in the US, as well as damaging the economic interests of the state by creating an atmosphere of unfair competition. The fact of cooperation between this kind of man and Armenians is not surprising, because they share common terrorist features,” he added.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit