Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
Annexes and amendments made by the Azerbaijani parliament to the law on NGOs should be brought to the attention of international organizations correctly, MP Siyavush Novruzov said at a plenary session on Monday, APA reported.
He said that international organizations should learn about decisions not from opposition sources and those who do not like Azerbaijan, but from the country’s representatives in international organizations.
“They should not think that the activity of any organization is restricted in Azerbaijan,” the MP said stressing that some forces are worried about the successful policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev, the unity of power and people and in the country, and the citizens’ support for the president.
“Recently, various statements are made and various articles are published in foreign media about our country. Deputies and representatives of the public have expressed their positions in this regard. This biased approach should be eliminated,” he said.
The MP went on to say that due to the biased approach also taken by international organizations, double standards are applied to Azerbaijan.
“There are some countries that are members of the Council of Europe and other organizations which do not fulfill their obligations. Despite this, no measures are taken against them. Recently, the Council of Europe has focused its direction on Azerbaijan and Turkey. This is an obvious example indicator of the correct and independent policy of our country. The policy of Azerbaijan is a balanced policy founded by the national leader and which is now successfully being continued by the head of state. The Armenian lobby and those supporting them in our country are concerned about Azerbaijan’s hosting international events. We are ready to listen to any recommendation. In this regard, I believe that the MPs represented in each body should inform those organizations that Azerbaijan has joined each organization thanks to its own values. I think that the parliament should take some steps at the legislative level in this regard”, he added.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 11.08.2008Protest action held opposite Russian Embassy in Azerbaijan
- 11.08.2008Experts: “In case official Baku attempts to ensure its territorial integrity, Russia will take analogous steps against Azerbaijan” – POLL
- 11.08.2008Two Azerbaijani citizens die during military operations in Georgia-Ossetia conflict zone
- 10.08.2008Azerbaijanis working in Kulevi terminal in Georgia return
- 09.08.2008CEC confirms five more presidential candidates
- 09.08.2008YAP commences signature collection campaign