Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
Annexes and amendments made by the Azerbaijani parliament to the law on NGOs should be brought to the attention of international organizations correctly, MP Siyavush Novruzov said at a plenary session on Monday, APA reported.
He said that international organizations should learn about decisions not from opposition sources and those who do not like Azerbaijan, but from the country’s representatives in international organizations.
“They should not think that the activity of any organization is restricted in Azerbaijan,” the MP said stressing that some forces are worried about the successful policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev, the unity of power and people and in the country, and the citizens’ support for the president.
“Recently, various statements are made and various articles are published in foreign media about our country. Deputies and representatives of the public have expressed their positions in this regard. This biased approach should be eliminated,” he said.
The MP went on to say that due to the biased approach also taken by international organizations, double standards are applied to Azerbaijan.
“There are some countries that are members of the Council of Europe and other organizations which do not fulfill their obligations. Despite this, no measures are taken against them. Recently, the Council of Europe has focused its direction on Azerbaijan and Turkey. This is an obvious example indicator of the correct and independent policy of our country. The policy of Azerbaijan is a balanced policy founded by the national leader and which is now successfully being continued by the head of state. The Armenian lobby and those supporting them in our country are concerned about Azerbaijan’s hosting international events. We are ready to listen to any recommendation. In this regard, I believe that the MPs represented in each body should inform those organizations that Azerbaijan has joined each organization thanks to its own values. I think that the parliament should take some steps at the legislative level in this regard”, he added.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh