Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
Annexes and amendments made by the Azerbaijani parliament to the law on NGOs should be brought to the attention of international organizations correctly, MP Siyavush Novruzov said at a plenary session on Monday, APA reported.
He said that international organizations should learn about decisions not from opposition sources and those who do not like Azerbaijan, but from the country’s representatives in international organizations.
“They should not think that the activity of any organization is restricted in Azerbaijan,” the MP said stressing that some forces are worried about the successful policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev, the unity of power and people and in the country, and the citizens’ support for the president.
“Recently, various statements are made and various articles are published in foreign media about our country. Deputies and representatives of the public have expressed their positions in this regard. This biased approach should be eliminated,” he said.
The MP went on to say that due to the biased approach also taken by international organizations, double standards are applied to Azerbaijan.
“There are some countries that are members of the Council of Europe and other organizations which do not fulfill their obligations. Despite this, no measures are taken against them. Recently, the Council of Europe has focused its direction on Azerbaijan and Turkey. This is an obvious example indicator of the correct and independent policy of our country. The policy of Azerbaijan is a balanced policy founded by the national leader and which is now successfully being continued by the head of state. The Armenian lobby and those supporting them in our country are concerned about Azerbaijan’s hosting international events. We are ready to listen to any recommendation. In this regard, I believe that the MPs represented in each body should inform those organizations that Azerbaijan has joined each organization thanks to its own values. I think that the parliament should take some steps at the legislative level in this regard”, he added.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh