Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
Annexes and amendments made by the Azerbaijani parliament to the law on NGOs should be brought to the attention of international organizations correctly, MP Siyavush Novruzov said at a plenary session on Monday, APA reported.
He said that international organizations should learn about decisions not from opposition sources and those who do not like Azerbaijan, but from the country’s representatives in international organizations.
“They should not think that the activity of any organization is restricted in Azerbaijan,” the MP said stressing that some forces are worried about the successful policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev, the unity of power and people and in the country, and the citizens’ support for the president.
“Recently, various statements are made and various articles are published in foreign media about our country. Deputies and representatives of the public have expressed their positions in this regard. This biased approach should be eliminated,” he said.
The MP went on to say that due to the biased approach also taken by international organizations, double standards are applied to Azerbaijan.
“There are some countries that are members of the Council of Europe and other organizations which do not fulfill their obligations. Despite this, no measures are taken against them. Recently, the Council of Europe has focused its direction on Azerbaijan and Turkey. This is an obvious example indicator of the correct and independent policy of our country. The policy of Azerbaijan is a balanced policy founded by the national leader and which is now successfully being continued by the head of state. The Armenian lobby and those supporting them in our country are concerned about Azerbaijan’s hosting international events. We are ready to listen to any recommendation. In this regard, I believe that the MPs represented in each body should inform those organizations that Azerbaijan has joined each organization thanks to its own values. I think that the parliament should take some steps at the legislative level in this regard”, he added.
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 22.09.2017Armenian MP: 'We have no security issues in Baku' - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs attending Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh