Azerbaijani MP slams Iran’s high-level cooperation with Armenian military-criminal regime
Iranian president’s visit to Armenia was expected, because the mullahs’ regime in Iran wrongly believes that a strong, democratic and independent Azerbaijan is a threat to the country’s territorial integrity, internal stability and the regime as a whole, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Azerbaijani MP, chairman of the United Azerbaijan Popular Front Party, told APA on Wednesday.
He was commenting on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Armenia.
According to the MP, there are two forces that discredit Islam across the world.
“The first is the existing mullahs’ regime in Iran and the other is the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group,” Hasanguliyev said, blaming Iran for having high-level cooperation with Armenia’s military and criminal regime which drove a million of Muslims out of their home and tortured babies, children, women and elderly people in Khojaly.
“Today’s visit of the Iranian president to Armenia once again confirms it,” he added.
Iran, according to the MP, is one of the countries that support the existence of Armenian military junta.
“Armenia receives political support from Russia and economic support from Iran,” he noted.
The MP stressed that every bad things have a good side. “As we are not pleased with the Iran-Armenia cooperation, this has a good side as well.”
The positive point is that majority of the Muslims in Azerbaijan perceive the essence of religious authorities, Islamic republic and don’t want to politicize the religion, Hasanguliyev added.
“If Iran demonstrated a position similar to that of Turkey in regard with Armenia, at least kept the borders closed, the people of Azerbaijan would have been more inclined to political Islam in Azerbaijan,” the MP said. “Ideas like justice of Islam, brotherhood of all Muslims would have been more attractive, there would have been an opinion that the Islamic regime if fairer than others.”
“The Azerbaijani people witness that the religion is only used for fraud. The majority of Azerbaijani people perceive it. Only the minority can think differently for money or ignorant people can’t perceive the essence of the mullahs' regime in Iran,” he said, adding that about 30 million Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are also witnessing it.
The Azerbaijani MP also accused the mullahs' regime in Iran of overshadowing the issue of nationality.
“Persian-mullah regime continues to disrespect their citizens - 30 million Azerbaijani Turks. Karabakh is the territory of both the Azerbaijanis and Muslims. There is a close cooperation between the mullahs' regime and regime that occupied Karabakh, expelled a million people from their lands. I think, the mullahs' regime’s exposing itself in such a way is in the interests of Azerbaijan,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: 4th Islamic Solidarity Games held successfully in Baku
- 19.05.2017Madat Guliyev: Tranquility prevailing in Azerbaijan attracting tourists
- 19.05.2017SSC head: This criminal network took root in Azerbaijan in late 1980s
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament to wrap up spring session on May 31
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary session - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Democratic Republic’s 100th anniversary to be celebrated at state level
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan to amend rules for controlling activities of diplomats
- 16.05.2017VAK liquidation causes uproar in Azerbaijani parliament
- 16.05.2017MP Hasanguliyev accuses Russia of provocations against Azerbaijan before presidential election
- 16.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP slams Russian court’s decision to liquidate VAK
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan’s political party calls for return of death penalty
- 11.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Saudi Minister of State for Gulf Affairs
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani President: "Nobody recognized the so-called "referendum" held in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended solemn ceremony to mark 94th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev and 13th anniversary of the establishment of Heydar Aliyev Foundation
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2017MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul
- 06.05.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference on national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birth anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Some states support Armenia in UN, so resolutions on Karabakh remain unfulfilled
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani FM: Impossible to defeat terrorism without cooperation
- 03.05.2017Baku hosts conference entitled “Heydar Aliyev – First Azerbaijani General of state security agencies”
- 02.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: We can’t allow socio-political destabilization in country for 5 or 10 manats
- 02.05.2017U.S. issues travel alert for Europe, citing threat of terrorist attacks
- 01.05.2017Death toll among Afghan forces at 807 in Jan-Feb, says report
- 01.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Baku Higher Oil School campus
- 29.04.2017Organization of services checked at Baku international airport
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC initiates investigation into several political parties
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan to restrict use of hookah and electronic cigarette
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy head of Anti-Corruption Department
- 26.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to mark production of 2 billion tons of oil this year
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 21.12.2016Speaker of Turkish Parliament arrives in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 21.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM visits Russian embassy to sign condolence book
- 20.12.2016U.S. ready to help Russia, Turkey investigate diplomat's killing: Kerry
- 16.12.2016MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform to receive increasing support