Azerbaijani MP slams Iran’s high-level cooperation with Armenian military-criminal regime
Iranian president’s visit to Armenia was expected, because the mullahs’ regime in Iran wrongly believes that a strong, democratic and independent Azerbaijan is a threat to the country’s territorial integrity, internal stability and the regime as a whole, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Azerbaijani MP, chairman of the United Azerbaijan Popular Front Party, told APA on Wednesday.
He was commenting on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Armenia.
According to the MP, there are two forces that discredit Islam across the world.
“The first is the existing mullahs’ regime in Iran and the other is the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group,” Hasanguliyev said, blaming Iran for having high-level cooperation with Armenia’s military and criminal regime which drove a million of Muslims out of their home and tortured babies, children, women and elderly people in Khojaly.
“Today’s visit of the Iranian president to Armenia once again confirms it,” he added.
Iran, according to the MP, is one of the countries that support the existence of Armenian military junta.
“Armenia receives political support from Russia and economic support from Iran,” he noted.
The MP stressed that every bad things have a good side. “As we are not pleased with the Iran-Armenia cooperation, this has a good side as well.”
The positive point is that majority of the Muslims in Azerbaijan perceive the essence of religious authorities, Islamic republic and don’t want to politicize the religion, Hasanguliyev added.
“If Iran demonstrated a position similar to that of Turkey in regard with Armenia, at least kept the borders closed, the people of Azerbaijan would have been more inclined to political Islam in Azerbaijan,” the MP said. “Ideas like justice of Islam, brotherhood of all Muslims would have been more attractive, there would have been an opinion that the Islamic regime if fairer than others.”
“The Azerbaijani people witness that the religion is only used for fraud. The majority of Azerbaijani people perceive it. Only the minority can think differently for money or ignorant people can’t perceive the essence of the mullahs' regime in Iran,” he said, adding that about 30 million Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are also witnessing it.
The Azerbaijani MP also accused the mullahs' regime in Iran of overshadowing the issue of nationality.
“Persian-mullah regime continues to disrespect their citizens - 30 million Azerbaijani Turks. Karabakh is the territory of both the Azerbaijanis and Muslims. There is a close cooperation between the mullahs' regime and regime that occupied Karabakh, expelled a million people from their lands. I think, the mullahs' regime’s exposing itself in such a way is in the interests of Azerbaijan,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 15.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Defense Ministry’s press service creates conditions for press to write about army
- 15.12.2017Media should only disseminate information verified by Azerbaijani MoD – MP
- 15.12.2017MP Fazil Mustafa criticizes activities of Penitentiary Service
- 15.12.2017New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
- 15.12.2017Media should not be banned from writing about army – MP Hasanguliyev
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes introducing parliamentary control over Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates administrative building of YAP Sumgayit city branch
- 15.12.2017Suicide attempt of young boy prevented in Baku
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 21.12.2016Speaker of Turkish Parliament arrives in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 21.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM visits Russian embassy to sign condolence book
- 20.12.2016U.S. ready to help Russia, Turkey investigate diplomat's killing: Kerry
- 16.12.2016MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform to receive increasing support