Azerbaijani MP slams Iran’s high-level cooperation with Armenian military-criminal regime
Iranian president’s visit to Armenia was expected, because the mullahs’ regime in Iran wrongly believes that a strong, democratic and independent Azerbaijan is a threat to the country’s territorial integrity, internal stability and the regime as a whole, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Azerbaijani MP, chairman of the United Azerbaijan Popular Front Party, told APA on Wednesday.
He was commenting on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Armenia.
According to the MP, there are two forces that discredit Islam across the world.
“The first is the existing mullahs’ regime in Iran and the other is the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group,” Hasanguliyev said, blaming Iran for having high-level cooperation with Armenia’s military and criminal regime which drove a million of Muslims out of their home and tortured babies, children, women and elderly people in Khojaly.
“Today’s visit of the Iranian president to Armenia once again confirms it,” he added.
Iran, according to the MP, is one of the countries that support the existence of Armenian military junta.
“Armenia receives political support from Russia and economic support from Iran,” he noted.
The MP stressed that every bad things have a good side. “As we are not pleased with the Iran-Armenia cooperation, this has a good side as well.”
The positive point is that majority of the Muslims in Azerbaijan perceive the essence of religious authorities, Islamic republic and don’t want to politicize the religion, Hasanguliyev added.
“If Iran demonstrated a position similar to that of Turkey in regard with Armenia, at least kept the borders closed, the people of Azerbaijan would have been more inclined to political Islam in Azerbaijan,” the MP said. “Ideas like justice of Islam, brotherhood of all Muslims would have been more attractive, there would have been an opinion that the Islamic regime if fairer than others.”
“The Azerbaijani people witness that the religion is only used for fraud. The majority of Azerbaijani people perceive it. Only the minority can think differently for money or ignorant people can’t perceive the essence of the mullahs' regime in Iran,” he said, adding that about 30 million Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are also witnessing it.
The Azerbaijani MP also accused the mullahs' regime in Iran of overshadowing the issue of nationality.
“Persian-mullah regime continues to disrespect their citizens - 30 million Azerbaijani Turks. Karabakh is the territory of both the Azerbaijanis and Muslims. There is a close cooperation between the mullahs' regime and regime that occupied Karabakh, expelled a million people from their lands. I think, the mullahs' regime’s exposing itself in such a way is in the interests of Azerbaijan,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 21.12.2016Speaker of Turkish Parliament arrives in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 21.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM visits Russian embassy to sign condolence book
- 20.12.2016U.S. ready to help Russia, Turkey investigate diplomat's killing: Kerry
- 16.12.2016MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform to receive increasing support