Azerbaijani MP slams Iran’s high-level cooperation with Armenian military-criminal regime
Iranian president’s visit to Armenia was expected, because the mullahs’ regime in Iran wrongly believes that a strong, democratic and independent Azerbaijan is a threat to the country’s territorial integrity, internal stability and the regime as a whole, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Azerbaijani MP, chairman of the United Azerbaijan Popular Front Party, told APA on Wednesday.
He was commenting on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Armenia.
According to the MP, there are two forces that discredit Islam across the world.
“The first is the existing mullahs’ regime in Iran and the other is the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group,” Hasanguliyev said, blaming Iran for having high-level cooperation with Armenia’s military and criminal regime which drove a million of Muslims out of their home and tortured babies, children, women and elderly people in Khojaly.
“Today’s visit of the Iranian president to Armenia once again confirms it,” he added.
Iran, according to the MP, is one of the countries that support the existence of Armenian military junta.
“Armenia receives political support from Russia and economic support from Iran,” he noted.
The MP stressed that every bad things have a good side. “As we are not pleased with the Iran-Armenia cooperation, this has a good side as well.”
The positive point is that majority of the Muslims in Azerbaijan perceive the essence of religious authorities, Islamic republic and don’t want to politicize the religion, Hasanguliyev added.
“If Iran demonstrated a position similar to that of Turkey in regard with Armenia, at least kept the borders closed, the people of Azerbaijan would have been more inclined to political Islam in Azerbaijan,” the MP said. “Ideas like justice of Islam, brotherhood of all Muslims would have been more attractive, there would have been an opinion that the Islamic regime if fairer than others.”
“The Azerbaijani people witness that the religion is only used for fraud. The majority of Azerbaijani people perceive it. Only the minority can think differently for money or ignorant people can’t perceive the essence of the mullahs' regime in Iran,” he said, adding that about 30 million Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are also witnessing it.
The Azerbaijani MP also accused the mullahs' regime in Iran of overshadowing the issue of nationality.
“Persian-mullah regime continues to disrespect their citizens - 30 million Azerbaijani Turks. Karabakh is the territory of both the Azerbaijanis and Muslims. There is a close cooperation between the mullahs' regime and regime that occupied Karabakh, expelled a million people from their lands. I think, the mullahs' regime’s exposing itself in such a way is in the interests of Azerbaijan,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 21.12.2016Speaker of Turkish Parliament arrives in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 21.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM visits Russian embassy to sign condolence book
- 20.12.2016U.S. ready to help Russia, Turkey investigate diplomat's killing: Kerry
- 16.12.2016MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform to receive increasing support