Azerbaijani MP slams Iran’s high-level cooperation with Armenian military-criminal regime
Iranian president’s visit to Armenia was expected, because the mullahs’ regime in Iran wrongly believes that a strong, democratic and independent Azerbaijan is a threat to the country’s territorial integrity, internal stability and the regime as a whole, Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Azerbaijani MP, chairman of the United Azerbaijan Popular Front Party, told APA on Wednesday.
He was commenting on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Armenia.
According to the MP, there are two forces that discredit Islam across the world.
“The first is the existing mullahs’ regime in Iran and the other is the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group,” Hasanguliyev said, blaming Iran for having high-level cooperation with Armenia’s military and criminal regime which drove a million of Muslims out of their home and tortured babies, children, women and elderly people in Khojaly.
“Today’s visit of the Iranian president to Armenia once again confirms it,” he added.
Iran, according to the MP, is one of the countries that support the existence of Armenian military junta.
“Armenia receives political support from Russia and economic support from Iran,” he noted.
The MP stressed that every bad things have a good side. “As we are not pleased with the Iran-Armenia cooperation, this has a good side as well.”
The positive point is that majority of the Muslims in Azerbaijan perceive the essence of religious authorities, Islamic republic and don’t want to politicize the religion, Hasanguliyev added.
“If Iran demonstrated a position similar to that of Turkey in regard with Armenia, at least kept the borders closed, the people of Azerbaijan would have been more inclined to political Islam in Azerbaijan,” the MP said. “Ideas like justice of Islam, brotherhood of all Muslims would have been more attractive, there would have been an opinion that the Islamic regime if fairer than others.”
“The Azerbaijani people witness that the religion is only used for fraud. The majority of Azerbaijani people perceive it. Only the minority can think differently for money or ignorant people can’t perceive the essence of the mullahs' regime in Iran,” he said, adding that about 30 million Azerbaijani Turks in Iran are also witnessing it.
The Azerbaijani MP also accused the mullahs' regime in Iran of overshadowing the issue of nationality.
“Persian-mullah regime continues to disrespect their citizens - 30 million Azerbaijani Turks. Karabakh is the territory of both the Azerbaijanis and Muslims. There is a close cooperation between the mullahs' regime and regime that occupied Karabakh, expelled a million people from their lands. I think, the mullahs' regime’s exposing itself in such a way is in the interests of Azerbaijan,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.05.2018Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 21.12.2016Speaker of Turkish Parliament arrives in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 21.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM visits Russian embassy to sign condolence book
- 20.12.2016U.S. ready to help Russia, Turkey investigate diplomat's killing: Kerry
- 16.12.2016MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform to receive increasing support