Azerbaijani MP stresses need to tighten bill on information security
Information security is an important issue, and there is a need to make the relevant bill even tougher, said Deputy Executive Secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party, MP Siyavush Novruvoz.
He made the remarks addressing the parliament on Friday during a discussion of amendments to the Law “On information, informatization and protection of information.”
Several European countries rank the top for the number of suicides in the world, said the MP, noting that despite the fact that there are much fewer suicides in Azerbaijan, information about this is exaggerated.
“Did not any acts of suicides or road accidents occur in Soviet times?” said Novruzov, accusing some news websites of exaggerating this kind of information for the sake of popularity.
“All out television channels cover the chronicle of crimes. It is not right to earn points by delivering information to the public in haste. This kind of information has negative effects on some people,” he added.
The MP went on to note that it is necessary to require an ID for registration in social networks.
“The people enjoy free internet access in Azerbaijan. Any person offends anyone who wants, not realizing that it is read by everyone. They open fake profiles and post what they want. In this case, the owner of internet portals should be held accountable,” he said.
Novruzov said some portals created abroad disseminate false information about the Azerbaijani army and soldiers. “Unfortunately, some local websites refer to such information. Then they delete this information. This kind of information negatively affects the society,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Unlike many countries, last year we managed to maintain our foreign exchange reserves
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani president: If we acted under dictation of external powers, we would face great problems
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President joins Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP slams local banks for taking advantage of hardship faced by citizens
- 17.03.2017Burbulis: Russia, Azerbaijan enjoy co-op at all levels
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan president signs pardon order - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijani president: We overcame difficulties; there’ll be economic growth this year
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will connect not only countries but continents as well
- 13.03.2017German ambassador visits Azerbaijan’s north
- 13.03.2017Novruz Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani MPs praise Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as first vice-president
- 07.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: It was great honor for me to be an Azerbaijani MP
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins next plenary meeting
- 07.03.2017US navy ship forced to change course after Iranian attack vessels approach
- 06.03.2017CEC terminates Mehriban Aliyeva’s parliamentary powers
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani government’s report for 2016 submitted to parliament
- 06.03.2017Mehman Huseynov arrested on concrete charges, attempts to politicize this issue inadmissible: Azerbaijani official
- 06.03.2017Two earthquakes recorded in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 62nd death anniversary
- 04.03.2017Members appointed of Observation Council of Youth Foundation under Azerbaijani President
- 01.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views special boarding school in Turkan
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss bill on pension age rise on March 7
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for upcoming meeting
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani media reps: It’s inadmissible to spread disinformation of Armenian sources
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov’s books on genocide policy against Azerbaijanis presented
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment will contribute to Azerbaijani people, state in coming years
- 25.02.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds event on occasion of 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 25.02.2017Azerbaijani Deputy PM: Our main goal is to legally punish perpetrators of Khojaly genocide
- 24.02.2017Trump vows military build-up, hammers nationalist themes
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani Parliament adopts bill on Khojaly Genocide - UPDATED
- 24.02.2017State Commission: Negotiations for Elnur Huseynzade ongoing with int’l organizations
- 23.02.2017Nakhchivan’s Supreme Assembly approves constitutional amendments
- 23.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nothing can hinder realization of Southern Gas Corridor
- 22.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite being a small country, Azerbaijan is doing huge work
- 22.02.2017Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment to be ‘a big help’ in ensuring Azerbaijan’s sustainable development, says official
- 22.02.2017Governor of US State of Indiana issues proclamation on Khojaly Massacre
- 21.02.2017Ali Huseynli: Appointment of Mehriban Aliyeva, president’s closest associate, is desirable decision on way to statehood
- 21.02.2017Heads of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions congratulate Mehriban Aliyeva
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani MPs express dissatisfaction over distorted information on Wikipedia
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission holds next meeting
- 11.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission approves 450 pleas
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins next plenary meeting
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament postpones plenary session
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED