Azerbaijani media reps: It’s inadmissible to spread disinformation of Armenian sources
Armenians engage in disinformation to upset Azerbaijanis, and unfortunately, in some online media outlets in Azerbaijan are managed by unprofessional people who spread this sort of information, Rashad Majid, editor-in-chief of the newspaper 525th, told APA.
He was commenting on the dissemination by some local media outlets of information as well as photos and videos spread by Armenians claiming to be of the latest incidents on the contact line of Armenian and Azerbaijani troops.
“I understand people and the tension they experience in conditions of shortage of information. But still, we have to be patient so as not to lose the information warfare,” he said.
He noted that the Press Council has held serious discussions in this regard since last year’s April operations.
“It hasn’t been possible for the time being to find a way to tackle this issue. Perhaps the responsibility of online media will also be defined in the future. Every serious person of media is concerned by these issues,” said the chief editor. “Sometimes it stems from unprofessionalism on social networks and online media and sometimes it comes from patriotism and emotionality. Either way, the result is that we unintentionally lend a hand to the enemy.”
President of APA Holding Vusale Mahirgizi said that it is inadmissible of Azerbaijani news websites to copy and share pieces of information about the latest developments published by Armenian media.
She noted that it is unacceptable to refer to other news, videos or photos of other sources except the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry and reliable information sources.
“We can demand official information sources to be more operative. There may be objective and subjective reasons for a delay in the dissemination of news. Personally, I favor a more rapid work for the local and international communities to refer to Azerbaijani sources. Obtaining information and disseminating it is a natural right of media,” Mahirgizi said.
She stressed the inadmissibility of referring to Armenian disinformation, calling for a legal action to be taken against the media outlets which are continuing such activities despite repeated warnings.
“Necessary legal steps should be taken in this regard. Serving the Armenian propaganda machine and distributing Armenian disinformation is a crime,” said Mahirgizi, noting that Armenian disinformation is aimed at dispiriting the Azerbaijani people.
Speaking to APA, Rauf Arifoglu, editor-in-chief of Yeni Musavat, stressed that the spread of any provocative information of the Armenian side by Azerbaijani media outlets is inadmissible and it serves the purposes of the Armenians.
“We should be careful especially in such cases. However, I think that the Defense Ministry and other official bodies need to improve information policy. We shouldn’t allow the internal auditory to be dictated the information policy by other countries’ news websites, as well as those belonging to Armenians. We should be provided with prompt news as in April last year to prevent such provocations. I have seen the latest materials. It is not right to disseminate them with inaccurate origin, whereas I think that those who pursue the official information policy of Azerbaijan should create opportunities for media to act promptly and provide it with information”, he said.
Arifoglu said Armenian disinformation is aimed at to create a stir among Azerbaijanis.
“They intend to agitate the Azerbaijani people, especially social network users with such news and make them feel pessimist. My call is that we, the media, should regard this issue as world war. In such cases, the news sector of the Defense Ministry should work extra hours and doesn’t allow the enemy’s provocation to be realized.”
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Shamkir district for visit
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Gadabay district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for upcoming meeting
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss bill on pension age rise on March 7
- 01.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views special boarding school in Turkan
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov’s books on genocide policy against Azerbaijanis presented
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment will contribute to Azerbaijani people, state in coming years
- 25.02.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds event on occasion of 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide