Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Azerbaijani MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said on Friday he thinks the number of officials in the country’s public administration system must be reduced by 30 percent.
In developed countries as well as in developing countries, the number of officials is twice as few compare to Azerbaijan, the MP said addressing the parliamentary committees’ joint meeting dedicated to the discussion of the 2017 state budget packaged.
“Let’s at least do some 30 percent reduction in administrative management and the Cabinet of Ministers so that we can save some funds to spend on more efficient programmes,” he said. “Most of the officials do not get high salary anyway. So, by doing this reduction, we would both save on the budget and at the same time provide other officials—the ones who are capable enough—fair wages.”
Hasanguliyev also proposed that the wages of teachers and doctors be increased.
“Pensions too should be increased, at least twice as much. The salaries of front line servicemen should also be increased,” he added.
The MP also proposed that NGOs’ access to sources of foreign grants be simplified.
“This would both have positive impact on the country’s image and also give impetus to the development of this sector,” he said.
The MP also brought to the attention of participants that recently a refugee family from Fuzuli burned alive in a house fire in Baku. “I was deeply saddened by that news. Housing conditions of the refugees and internally displaced persons should be improved,” he said.
Hasanguliyev also expressed his objection against lack of necessary support to entrepreneurship. “We do not allocate funds to the Fund for Entrepreneurship Support, banks don’t grant loans and the Azerbaijani manat is in a floating rate. Entrepreneurs should know the exchange rate of manat. Otherwise, they will not spend funds”, he added.
The MP stressed the importance of funds invested abroad into the country.
“We allocate 350 million funds to Serbia at 4 percent for 15 years. However, Azerbaijan Railways CJSC is seeking loans. Let’s keep the funds in local banks at 4 percent and direct them for development of the country. If loans are needed for the CJSC in future, it will be granted at 7 percent at least,” he said.
Hasanguliyev also emphasized the importance of privatization of large companies. “If Azersu, Azeriqaz and Azerishiq are not privatized, the situation will not change”, he concluded.
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Shamkir district for visit
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Gadabay district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan increases financing of diplomatic missions abroad
- 02.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Zardab
- 03.12.2016Armed groups clash in Tripoli in worst fighting for over a year
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 30.11.2016Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book