Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Azerbaijani MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said on Friday he thinks the number of officials in the country’s public administration system must be reduced by 30 percent.
In developed countries as well as in developing countries, the number of officials is twice as few compare to Azerbaijan, the MP said addressing the parliamentary committees’ joint meeting dedicated to the discussion of the 2017 state budget packaged.
“Let’s at least do some 30 percent reduction in administrative management and the Cabinet of Ministers so that we can save some funds to spend on more efficient programmes,” he said. “Most of the officials do not get high salary anyway. So, by doing this reduction, we would both save on the budget and at the same time provide other officials—the ones who are capable enough—fair wages.”
Hasanguliyev also proposed that the wages of teachers and doctors be increased.
“Pensions too should be increased, at least twice as much. The salaries of front line servicemen should also be increased,” he added.
The MP also proposed that NGOs’ access to sources of foreign grants be simplified.
“This would both have positive impact on the country’s image and also give impetus to the development of this sector,” he said.
The MP also brought to the attention of participants that recently a refugee family from Fuzuli burned alive in a house fire in Baku. “I was deeply saddened by that news. Housing conditions of the refugees and internally displaced persons should be improved,” he said.
Hasanguliyev also expressed his objection against lack of necessary support to entrepreneurship. “We do not allocate funds to the Fund for Entrepreneurship Support, banks don’t grant loans and the Azerbaijani manat is in a floating rate. Entrepreneurs should know the exchange rate of manat. Otherwise, they will not spend funds”, he added.
The MP stressed the importance of funds invested abroad into the country.
“We allocate 350 million funds to Serbia at 4 percent for 15 years. However, Azerbaijan Railways CJSC is seeking loans. Let’s keep the funds in local banks at 4 percent and direct them for development of the country. If loans are needed for the CJSC in future, it will be granted at 7 percent at least,” he said.
Hasanguliyev also emphasized the importance of privatization of large companies. “If Azersu, Azeriqaz and Azerishiq are not privatized, the situation will not change”, he concluded.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 01.06.2017Head of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 01.06.2017Fatma Abdullazade relieved of her duties
- 01.06.2017New structure of Azerbaijani Presidential Administration announced
- 01.06.2017New assistants to Azerbaijani president appointed
- 01.06.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Metsamor NPP poses huge threat to region and Europe
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up spring session
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan increases financing of diplomatic missions abroad
- 02.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Zardab
- 03.12.2016Armed groups clash in Tripoli in worst fighting for over a year
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 30.11.2016Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book