Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Azerbaijani MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said on Friday he thinks the number of officials in the country’s public administration system must be reduced by 30 percent.
In developed countries as well as in developing countries, the number of officials is twice as few compare to Azerbaijan, the MP said addressing the parliamentary committees’ joint meeting dedicated to the discussion of the 2017 state budget packaged.
“Let’s at least do some 30 percent reduction in administrative management and the Cabinet of Ministers so that we can save some funds to spend on more efficient programmes,” he said. “Most of the officials do not get high salary anyway. So, by doing this reduction, we would both save on the budget and at the same time provide other officials—the ones who are capable enough—fair wages.”
Hasanguliyev also proposed that the wages of teachers and doctors be increased.
“Pensions too should be increased, at least twice as much. The salaries of front line servicemen should also be increased,” he added.
The MP also proposed that NGOs’ access to sources of foreign grants be simplified.
“This would both have positive impact on the country’s image and also give impetus to the development of this sector,” he said.
The MP also brought to the attention of participants that recently a refugee family from Fuzuli burned alive in a house fire in Baku. “I was deeply saddened by that news. Housing conditions of the refugees and internally displaced persons should be improved,” he said.
Hasanguliyev also expressed his objection against lack of necessary support to entrepreneurship. “We do not allocate funds to the Fund for Entrepreneurship Support, banks don’t grant loans and the Azerbaijani manat is in a floating rate. Entrepreneurs should know the exchange rate of manat. Otherwise, they will not spend funds”, he added.
The MP stressed the importance of funds invested abroad into the country.
“We allocate 350 million funds to Serbia at 4 percent for 15 years. However, Azerbaijan Railways CJSC is seeking loans. Let’s keep the funds in local banks at 4 percent and direct them for development of the country. If loans are needed for the CJSC in future, it will be granted at 7 percent at least,” he said.
Hasanguliyev also emphasized the importance of privatization of large companies. “If Azersu, Azeriqaz and Azerishiq are not privatized, the situation will not change”, he concluded.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan increases financing of diplomatic missions abroad
- 02.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Zardab
- 03.12.2016Armed groups clash in Tripoli in worst fighting for over a year
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 30.11.2016Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book