Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
Azerbaijan’s economy will enter a new stage and new opportunities will emerge to raise the welfare of the people to a higher level, Ali Ahmadov, deputy prime minister and executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), said on Wednesday.
He made the remarks at an event organized by YAP on the occasion of 15 June – the National Salvation Day of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
“If Heydar Aliyev had not returned to power and the National Salvation had not taken place, we would be living in a completely different Azerbaijan now,” said Ahmadov noting that the crisis of the 1990s had made every Azerbaijani citizen’s life like a living hell.
“People were obsessed about it. There was a dark view of the future. This situation necessitated Heydar Aliyev’s return to Azerbaijan. When he came back, the Azerbaijani people’s problems disappeared thanks to his wisdom and farsightedness,” said the deputy prime minister. “It is no wonder that Heydar Aliyev is regarded as the founder of modern Azerbaijan. Our economy began flourishing and a successful oil strategy was carried out.”
He pointed out that a lot was done at the time to eliminate the consequences of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Armenian armed forces were prevented from further invading our lands. At the same time, the foundation for the development of our economy was laid,” he said. “The National Salvation still continues. Today’s development of Azerbaijan and the policy being conducted under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev is a continuation of the National Salvation.”
Ahmadov noted that Azerbaijan should be and is evaluated as one of the successful states which gained independence in the late 20th century. “Azerbaijan achieved a miraculous development. Its economy grew by 3.5 times. Azerbaijan has increased its economy by 300-350% over 12-13 years,” he added.
The deputy prime minister said that pensions have been increased by 250% over 12-13 years.
“Further rise in pensions may be demanded and it is natural. The successes achieved are obvious to all. Today Azerbaijan undergoes economic transformation under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. The ideology of National Salvation makes development necessary. Azerbaijan shifted from the strategy of exhaustible economic resources to a strategy of inexhaustible economic resources. Azerbaijan’s economy will enter a new stage and new opportunities will emerge to raise the welfare of the people to a higher level. The ideology of salvation is able to show its miracle in the first and further stages,” he said.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Large-scale pardoning expected in Azerbaijan – parl’t speaker
- 23.02.2018No political prisoners in Azerbaijan, says MP
- 23.02.2018Next plenary session of Azerbaijani parliament begins
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan's ruling party submits voter signatures to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan