Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
Azerbaijan’s economy will enter a new stage and new opportunities will emerge to raise the welfare of the people to a higher level, Ali Ahmadov, deputy prime minister and executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), said on Wednesday.
He made the remarks at an event organized by YAP on the occasion of 15 June – the National Salvation Day of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
“If Heydar Aliyev had not returned to power and the National Salvation had not taken place, we would be living in a completely different Azerbaijan now,” said Ahmadov noting that the crisis of the 1990s had made every Azerbaijani citizen’s life like a living hell.
“People were obsessed about it. There was a dark view of the future. This situation necessitated Heydar Aliyev’s return to Azerbaijan. When he came back, the Azerbaijani people’s problems disappeared thanks to his wisdom and farsightedness,” said the deputy prime minister. “It is no wonder that Heydar Aliyev is regarded as the founder of modern Azerbaijan. Our economy began flourishing and a successful oil strategy was carried out.”
He pointed out that a lot was done at the time to eliminate the consequences of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Armenian armed forces were prevented from further invading our lands. At the same time, the foundation for the development of our economy was laid,” he said. “The National Salvation still continues. Today’s development of Azerbaijan and the policy being conducted under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev is a continuation of the National Salvation.”
Ahmadov noted that Azerbaijan should be and is evaluated as one of the successful states which gained independence in the late 20th century. “Azerbaijan achieved a miraculous development. Its economy grew by 3.5 times. Azerbaijan has increased its economy by 300-350% over 12-13 years,” he added.
The deputy prime minister said that pensions have been increased by 250% over 12-13 years.
“Further rise in pensions may be demanded and it is natural. The successes achieved are obvious to all. Today Azerbaijan undergoes economic transformation under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. The ideology of National Salvation makes development necessary. Azerbaijan shifted from the strategy of exhaustible economic resources to a strategy of inexhaustible economic resources. Azerbaijan’s economy will enter a new stage and new opportunities will emerge to raise the welfare of the people to a higher level. The ideology of salvation is able to show its miracle in the first and further stages,” he said.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani envoy: There can be no explanation for act against Turkey at recent NATO drill
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan parliament begins discussion of 2018 state budget package
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several persons for their active role in Azerbaijan’s public-political life
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title ‘honored civil servant’ on two persons
- 17.11.2017MP Siyavush Novruzov: Musavat Party should not claim to be successor to the Musavat of ADR period
- 17.11.2017European Parliament unable to conceal coming under Armenian lobby’s influence, says Azerbaijani MP
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan begins preparation for celebration of ADR centenary
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2017"Learning to Learn" 2nd International Learning Conference underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Ahliman Amiraslanov awarded 'Sharaf' order
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Absheron district
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute
- 13.11.2017MP Hasanguliyev urges privatization of ‘Azerishig’ and ‘Azeristiliktechizat’
- 13.11.2017Arif Rahimzade: Local executive authorities restrict activities of municipalities
- 12.11.2017Azerbaijan marks Constitution Day
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of Center for Strategic Studies
- 10.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: No financial problems in Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017About 20 Azerbaijani children in Iraqi shelter to be repatriated soon – diplomat
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan