Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
Azerbaijan’s economy will enter a new stage and new opportunities will emerge to raise the welfare of the people to a higher level, Ali Ahmadov, deputy prime minister and executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP), said on Wednesday.
He made the remarks at an event organized by YAP on the occasion of 15 June – the National Salvation Day of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
“If Heydar Aliyev had not returned to power and the National Salvation had not taken place, we would be living in a completely different Azerbaijan now,” said Ahmadov noting that the crisis of the 1990s had made every Azerbaijani citizen’s life like a living hell.
“People were obsessed about it. There was a dark view of the future. This situation necessitated Heydar Aliyev’s return to Azerbaijan. When he came back, the Azerbaijani people’s problems disappeared thanks to his wisdom and farsightedness,” said the deputy prime minister. “It is no wonder that Heydar Aliyev is regarded as the founder of modern Azerbaijan. Our economy began flourishing and a successful oil strategy was carried out.”
He pointed out that a lot was done at the time to eliminate the consequences of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Armenian armed forces were prevented from further invading our lands. At the same time, the foundation for the development of our economy was laid,” he said. “The National Salvation still continues. Today’s development of Azerbaijan and the policy being conducted under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev is a continuation of the National Salvation.”
Ahmadov noted that Azerbaijan should be and is evaluated as one of the successful states which gained independence in the late 20th century. “Azerbaijan achieved a miraculous development. Its economy grew by 3.5 times. Azerbaijan has increased its economy by 300-350% over 12-13 years,” he added.
The deputy prime minister said that pensions have been increased by 250% over 12-13 years.
“Further rise in pensions may be demanded and it is natural. The successes achieved are obvious to all. Today Azerbaijan undergoes economic transformation under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. The ideology of National Salvation makes development necessary. Azerbaijan shifted from the strategy of exhaustible economic resources to a strategy of inexhaustible economic resources. Azerbaijan’s economy will enter a new stage and new opportunities will emerge to raise the welfare of the people to a higher level. The ideology of salvation is able to show its miracle in the first and further stages,” he said.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan