Azerbaijani citizens in Russia active in presidential election – ambassador
Azerbaijani Ambassador to Russia Polad Bulbuloghlu cast his vote at the polling station set up at the country’s embassy in Moscow in connection with the presidential election in Azerbaijan.
The ambassador gave information about the work process of the polling stations opened in Russia, APA’s Moscow correspondent reports.
He noted that the election day is an important day in the life of every people, every state
“The Azerbaijani people are electing its leader. I sincerely believe that the wise Azerbaijani people will make the right choice, there is no doubt about it. Everyone has witnessed Azerbaijan’s great achievements in recent years. Azerbaijan’s sustainable development is obvious,” Bulbuloghlu said.
He went on to say that about 1,500 Azerbaijani citizens in Russia are expected to cast their votes in the presidential election.
“The polling station at the Azerbaijani embassy opened 8:00 local time. Two more polling stations opened in Azerbaijan’s consulates general in St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg,” he said.
According to preliminary data, Azerbaijani citizens in Russia take an active part in the presidential election, the ambassador stressed.
Then Bulbuloghlu presented certificates of Azerbaijan’s Embassy in Russia to two Azerbaijani nationals who exercised their right to vote for the first time.
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 11.04.2018SCO reps express satisfaction with ongoing electoral process in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Member of Monaco Parliament: No violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan presidential election: CEC hotline receives 11 calls
- 11.04.2018Presidential candidate Zahid Oruj casts vote in election
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals voter turnout in presidential election as of 12:00
- 11.04.2018French MPs observe presidential election in Azerbaijan