Azerbaijani CEC refuses to register Ilgar Mammadov as presidential candidate - UPDATED
APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani President: "The April battles are our glorious history"
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Flag Museum in Aghdam district
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views repair works in houses damaged by Armenian shelling during April battle in Aghdam
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghdam
- 03.12.2016Ilham Aliyev, his spouse view repair on houses damaged by Armenians during April fights in Tartar
- 03.12.2016Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of YAP Tartar district branch
- 03.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani President: "We have achieved a reduction of the negative consequences of the global crisis"
- 03.12.2016Armed groups clash in Tripoli in worst fighting for over a year
- 02.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Zardab
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan increases financing of diplomatic missions abroad
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for 30% reduction in public administration system
- 01.12.2016Erdogan, Merkel discuss Aleppo over phone
- 01.12.2016MP: Both culture and defence spheres require equal attention
- 30.11.2016Baku hosts presentation of 'Ilham Aliyev. Portrait of a President Against the Backdrop of Change' book
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MP calls for revival of death penalty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan to criminalize defamation of president on Internet
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves draft proposal criminalizing offensive online activities by fake names or profiles
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani MPs call for reconsideration of bilateral ties with Russia
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan makes public content of bill to be prepared on Khojaly genocide
- 26.11.2016Islamic State claims deadly attack on Egyptian soldiers in Sinai
- 26.11.2016Scotland sets out legal case to have a say on Brexit trigger
- 24.11.2016Public administration to be improved in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2016Azerbaijan introduces fines for violating rules of import and sale of medicines
- 24.11.2016Azerbaijan imposes ban on the sale of medicines on unregulated prices
- 21.11.2016Ali Ahmadov: YAP is the only political party created at people’s request
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijani President approves National Action Plan on combating the financing of terrorism
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijan to mark Aziz Aliyev’s 120th anniversary
- 18.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 18.11.2016Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan is region's most important country
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijani president comments on whether his children will engage in politics
- 18.11.2016Travel agencies in Azerbaijan not to pass accreditation for getting e-visas for tourists
- 18.11.2016Azerbaijan eyes amendments to law on nationals living abroad
- 17.11.2016Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2016System of "affordable housing" to be established in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2016Death toll at 32 in renewed air strikes on rebel-held east of Aleppo
- 16.11.2016Azerbaijani lawmaker calls for criminalization of online defamation of first lady, ex-presidents
- 16.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s energy co-op based on national interests
- 16.11.2016Draft law criminalizing online defamation of president to be tabled at Azerbaijani parliament
- 13.09.2013Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov receives residents in Zagatala
- 15.09.201395 years pass since the liberation of Baku from the Armenian- Bolshevik occupation
- 16.09.2013Election campaign of presidential candidates launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2013Results of additional placements at vocational schools on basis of 9-year general secondary education publicized
- 13.09.2013Azerbaijan’s CEC refuses to register Ali Aliyev as presidential candidate
- 13.09.2013OSCE Observation Mission Head meets with Isa Gambar