Azerbaijani CEC refuses to register Ilgar Mammadov as presidential candidate - UPDATED
APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
Related news releases
- 28.10.2016Azerbaijani MP proposes visa-free regime with Turkey, Iran
- 28.10.2016Azerbaijani MP: We should differentiate between Armenian military and civilian population
- 28.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session starts
- 27.10.2016Ex-Azerbaijani communications minister not among witnesses in criminal case of ministry’s ex-official
- 27.10.2016Japan's Prince Mikasa, oldest imperial family member, dies at 100 leftright 2/2leftright
- 26.10.2016Initial agreement on Caspian seabed delimitation reached in Tehran
- 26.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of new Sri Lankan ambassador
- 23.10.2016Azerbaijani President: “Oil exporting countries faced big losses, the justice should be restored”
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan Judicial Council to get new powers
- 20.10.2016Hollande: "Normandy Four ministers to start preparing Donbass election in next few days"
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghstafa district for visit
- 19.10.2016Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan parl’t vice-speaker awarded order "For Service to Motherland"
- 18.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: No plans to change date of presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Armenia continues to break ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan celebrates 25th anniversary of independence
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijan has been passing through period of unprecedented economic growth since 2003
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijani Army among world’s strongest armies
- 17.10.2016Betrayed by APFP-Musavat alliance, Azerbaijan was at risk of losing independence – Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s energy policy highly appreciated by int’l community
- 17.10.2016Heydar Aliyev – founder of Azerbaijan’s independence, says Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Official reception held to mark 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence
- 15.10.2016The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan commented on the reports about protests against the actions of the traffic police in Goychay
- 15.10.2016101 gangs arrested in Baku this year
- 15.10.2016Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan’s independence was initially based on not-so-right postulate
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani national currency should bear image of Heydar Aliyev, says MP
- 14.10.2016Investors implementing investment projects in accordance with BOT model won’t pay duty
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 14.10.2016New volume of "Ilham Aliyev. Development is our goal" book published
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani MP: Prohibition to apply to persons who will study religion abroad after adoption of law
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments providing punishment for attempts to impede operations against religious extremism
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijan to tighten penalties for attempts to change power and Constitution on religious grounds
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss proposals to ban religious propaganda in public places
- 13.10.2016Fighting in Central African Republic kills at least 23
- 12.10.2016Case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-officials sent to court
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on developing draft legal acts on Referendum Act’s entry into force
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan to solemnly celebrate 25th anniversary of its independence
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC approves referendum results
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC cancels referendum results in three polling stations
- 11.10.2016CEC: Azerbaijan on par with leading European countries in terms of election
- 13.09.2013Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov receives residents in Zagatala
- 15.09.201395 years pass since the liberation of Baku from the Armenian- Bolshevik occupation
- 16.09.2013Election campaign of presidential candidates launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2013Results of additional placements at vocational schools on basis of 9-year general secondary education publicized
- 13.09.2013Azerbaijan’s CEC refuses to register Ali Aliyev as presidential candidate
- 13.09.2013OSCE Observation Mission Head meets with Isa Gambar