Azerbaijani CEC refuses to register Ilgar Mammadov as presidential candidate - UPDATED
APA reports that the Central Election Commission has passed a decision in this regard at today’s meeting.
Firstly, CEC secretary Arifa Mukhtarova gave information about Ilgar Eldar Mammadov. Following this, head of CEC Working Group Ilham Mammadov said that Ilgar Mammadov had submitted 41 247 signatures and 4 982 out of them were turned out to be invalid.
CEC didn’t register Ilgar Mammadov as a presidential candidate through open voting.
Then CEC member Akif Gurbanov wanted the explanation for Mammadov’s non-registration.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said that representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan also took part in the checking process of the signatures, along with the representatives of international organization: “In general, all our steps are clear.”
Gurbanov left the meeting basing on that his question hadn’t been answered.
Press service of the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA that the Embassy did not play any role in this process: “The reports that the representative of the US Embassy took part in the counting of the signatures are groundless”.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2017ISESCO condemns ceasefire violations by Armenia in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 13.01.2017Iraqi forces make gains against Islamic State in Mosul
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing code of ethics for MPs
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan preparing bill on crimes of genocide
- 12.01.2017PACE co-rapporteurs arrive in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Military capability of Nakhchivan is at the highest level"
- 11.01.2017Thorbjørn Jagland urges Armenia to return body of Azerbaijani serviceman, without delay
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to national leader in Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 10.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev pays condolence visit to Iranian embassy in Baku
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan enjoys great respect in Islamic world
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another priority of 2016 fulfilled – protection of foreign currency reserves
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has found solution to crisis that resulted from oil price drop
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijan declares 2017 Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 09.01.2017UN: Cyprus reunification 'difficult but possible'
- 09.01.2017Garib Mammadov awarded Shohrat order
- 07.01.2017An-178 aircrafts, Azerbaijan purchased from Ukraine, undergoing certification tests
- 06.01.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev approves Action Plan for marking anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 06.01.2017Azerbaijani parliament spring session to commence on Jan. 12
- 05.01.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 01.01.2017Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament wraps up autumn session
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament holds last meeting of 2016
- 30.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 65 times
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: ASAN service brought novelty into citizen-civil servant relationship
- 28.12.2016Ziyafat Asgarov: I don’t trust Minsk Group, we should count on our own power only
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2016Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference
- 24.12.2016Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 55 today
- 23.12.2016Malta's PM: Hijackers of Libyan plane used fake weapons
- 23.12.2016US imposes sanctions against Syrian Central Bank chief, cabinet members
- 23.12.2016Azerbaijani president awards employees of Ombudsman's Office
- 22.12.2016Polish Govt rejects renewed pressure from EU on rights
- 13.09.2013Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov receives residents in Zagatala
- 15.09.201395 years pass since the liberation of Baku from the Armenian- Bolshevik occupation
- 16.09.2013Election campaign of presidential candidates launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2013Results of additional placements at vocational schools on basis of 9-year general secondary education publicized
- 13.09.2013Azerbaijan’s CEC refuses to register Ali Aliyev as presidential candidate
- 13.09.2013OSCE Observation Mission Head meets with Isa Gambar