Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
The Judicial-Legal Council in Azerbaijan will receive the status of state body.
In this respect, amendments have been proposed to be made to the Law “On civil service” by the Azerbaijani president.
According to the draft amendments, the phrase “The Judicial-Legal Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which is a self-governance body of judicial power” shall be added to Part 1 (the list of classified state bodies) of Article 8 (the classification of state bodies) of the Law “On civil service.
Currently, the following are the bodies found on the list of classification of state bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“Supreme state legislative, executive, and judicial bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan whose principal authorities are determined by Part 3 of Article 7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as other bodies directing providing performance of the Head of the State of Azerbaijan and the body carrying out executive powers, the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan (state bodies of supreme category).
In this regard, the phrase “The Office of the Judicial Legal Council” shall be removed from the article (the second stage on classification).
According to the draft amendments, an administrative status is assigned to the Head of the Office of the Judicial Legal Council in the “List of the post of Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the post of chief of the structural unit in the Presidential Administration for activities of the First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the body for implementing executive powers of the President of Azerbaijan, posts of the State Advisers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, posts of heads of other bodies providing direct performance of the President of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
The draft amendments will be discussed at a meeting of the parliament’s Legal Policy and State Building Committee on Sept. 20.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation