Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
The Judicial-Legal Council in Azerbaijan will receive the status of state body.
In this respect, amendments have been proposed to be made to the Law “On civil service” by the Azerbaijani president.
According to the draft amendments, the phrase “The Judicial-Legal Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which is a self-governance body of judicial power” shall be added to Part 1 (the list of classified state bodies) of Article 8 (the classification of state bodies) of the Law “On civil service.
Currently, the following are the bodies found on the list of classification of state bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“Supreme state legislative, executive, and judicial bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan whose principal authorities are determined by Part 3 of Article 7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as other bodies directing providing performance of the Head of the State of Azerbaijan and the body carrying out executive powers, the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan (state bodies of supreme category).
In this regard, the phrase “The Office of the Judicial Legal Council” shall be removed from the article (the second stage on classification).
According to the draft amendments, an administrative status is assigned to the Head of the Office of the Judicial Legal Council in the “List of the post of Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the post of chief of the structural unit in the Presidential Administration for activities of the First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the body for implementing executive powers of the President of Azerbaijan, posts of the State Advisers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, posts of heads of other bodies providing direct performance of the President of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
The draft amendments will be discussed at a meeting of the parliament’s Legal Policy and State Building Committee on Sept. 20.
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation