Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
The Judicial-Legal Council in Azerbaijan will receive the status of state body.
In this respect, amendments have been proposed to be made to the Law “On civil service” by the Azerbaijani president.
According to the draft amendments, the phrase “The Judicial-Legal Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which is a self-governance body of judicial power” shall be added to Part 1 (the list of classified state bodies) of Article 8 (the classification of state bodies) of the Law “On civil service.
Currently, the following are the bodies found on the list of classification of state bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“Supreme state legislative, executive, and judicial bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan whose principal authorities are determined by Part 3 of Article 7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as other bodies directing providing performance of the Head of the State of Azerbaijan and the body carrying out executive powers, the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan (state bodies of supreme category).
In this regard, the phrase “The Office of the Judicial Legal Council” shall be removed from the article (the second stage on classification).
According to the draft amendments, an administrative status is assigned to the Head of the Office of the Judicial Legal Council in the “List of the post of Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the post of chief of the structural unit in the Presidential Administration for activities of the First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the body for implementing executive powers of the President of Azerbaijan, posts of the State Advisers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, posts of heads of other bodies providing direct performance of the President of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
The draft amendments will be discussed at a meeting of the parliament’s Legal Policy and State Building Committee on Sept. 20.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation