Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
The Judicial-Legal Council in Azerbaijan will receive the status of state body.
In this respect, amendments have been proposed to be made to the Law “On civil service” by the Azerbaijani president.
According to the draft amendments, the phrase “The Judicial-Legal Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which is a self-governance body of judicial power” shall be added to Part 1 (the list of classified state bodies) of Article 8 (the classification of state bodies) of the Law “On civil service.
Currently, the following are the bodies found on the list of classification of state bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
“Supreme state legislative, executive, and judicial bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan whose principal authorities are determined by Part 3 of Article 7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as other bodies directing providing performance of the Head of the State of Azerbaijan and the body carrying out executive powers, the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan (state bodies of supreme category).
In this regard, the phrase “The Office of the Judicial Legal Council” shall be removed from the article (the second stage on classification).
According to the draft amendments, an administrative status is assigned to the Head of the Office of the Judicial Legal Council in the “List of the post of Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the post of chief of the structural unit in the Presidential Administration for activities of the First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of the head of the Office of the Constitution Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the body for implementing executive powers of the President of Azerbaijan, posts of the State Advisers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, posts of heads of other bodies providing direct performance of the President of Azerbaijan, post of head of the Office of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
The draft amendments will be discussed at a meeting of the parliament’s Legal Policy and State Building Committee on Sept. 20.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation