Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
Baku has become one of the world’s most beautiful cities, and that is what every visitor to Baku says, said President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
He made the remarks at the nationwide festivities on the occasion of Novruz, the national holiday of the Azerbaijani people, in Baku March 19, APA reports.
The head of state said that today Baku has become one of the most attractive tourist destinations for its beauty, history and people's hospitality.
The rising number of tourists coming to Azerbaijan is a good proof, he noted.
President Aliyev pointed out that the number of visitors to Azerbaijan increased by 24% in 2016 and by 20% in 2017, and there has been 12% increase over the two months of this year.
“Every visitor witnesses the beauty of Baku and then shares its pictures on social networks. Baku is our pride, our historical city, and one of the rare cities that combine antiquity and modernity. Additional measures will be taken to develop, beautify Baku and to create its modern infrastructure,” he said.
Ilham Aliyev went on to say: “We celebrate this holiday in front of the ancient Maiden Tower, which is an ancient symbol of Baku and our great historical monument. But at the same time, Baku has modern symbols such as the Heydar Aliyev Center, which is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world according to various surveys and ratings. The Flame Towers reflect the symbol of Baku – flames and also the skyscrapers symbolize Azerbaijan's development and add extra beauty to Baku. The length of our historical boulevard, which was 3.5 kilometers long, has now reached 16 kilometers in length. I think it is a unique recreational and excursion area on a global scale. New roads, parks, alleys are being created. Today Baku is a city of parks and gardens.”
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.06.2018Six new sectors created at Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 22.03.2018Application time expires for organizations seeking accrediation to hold ‘exit-poll’ during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC: Necessary measures underway to ensure participation of all voters in presidential election
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting