Azerbaijan’s CEC registers Ilham Aliyev as presidential candidate
Azerbaijan’s Central Election Commission (CEC) has registered Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy, nominated by the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) for the upcoming presidential election.
A relevant decision was made at a CEC meeting on Feb. 27, APA reports.
Thus, Ilham Aliyev officially became the first presidential candidate.
The 6th congress of the NAP was held in Baku on Feb. 8. The decision was made during the congress to nominate chairman of the party Ilham Aliyev as a presidential candidate. The decision was unanimously adopted.
In each of the existing 125 electoral districts, the party successfully completed a signature collection campaign in support of presidential candidate Ilham Aliyev.
The NAP submitted the voter signatures collected for the registration of Ilham Aliyev's candidacy to the post of Azerbaijani president, to the CEC on Feb. 22.
Next presidential election in Azerbaijan is to be held on April 11, according to an order signed on Feb. 5 by the country's President Ilham Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 24.03.2018Above 55,000 local observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 24.03.2018CEC: Over 300 int'l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 24.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers 4 exit poll organizations for presidential election
- 24.03.2018CEC registers four organizations seeking to hold “exit-poll” during presidential elections
- 24.03.2018Four organizations apply to CEC to hold “exit-poll” during presidential elections
- 24.03.2018CEC begins publishing voting bulletins for upcoming presidential elections
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC: Necessary measures underway to ensure participation of all voters in presidential election
- 22.03.2018Application time expires for organizations seeking accrediation to hold ‘exit-poll’ during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 28.02.2018Isa Gambar leaves for Turkey for treatment
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan announces exact number of voters ahead of presidential election
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan records rise in number of voters
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018Chingiz Asgarov: ECHR admits Azerbaijan’s electoral legislation serves democracy
- 27.02.2018Investigator: Contrary to Armenian tales, 26 Armenians, 7 Azerbaijanis killed during Sumgayit events - INTERVIEW