Azerbaijan prepares bill on prevention of int’l crimes and punishment of perpetrators
Azerbaijani Parliament has prepared a new bill “On prevention of international crimes and punishment of their perpetrators”.
The parliament held a presentation of the bill on Friday. The presentation was chaired by Vice-Speaker Bahar Muradova, who also heads the parliamentary Committee on human rights.
The event was attended by Azerbaijan’s permanent representative to the European Court of Human Rights and head of the human rights protection unit at the Presidential Administration’s department of work with law-enforcement agencies Chingiz Asgarov, deputy head of the department for public and political affairs at the Presidential Administration Arastun Mehdiyev, military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev, MPs and representatives of non-governmental organizations.
Addressing the presentation of the bill, vice-speaker Muradova noted that from time to time Azerbaijan faced military aggression, its people were sentenced to massacres and its cultural monuments were destroyed.
“A lot has been done up to the present to properly inform the world community about the crimes committed against Azerbaijan, obtain a legal assessment of these crimes and achieve the punishment of perpetrators,” she said.
The vice-speaker expressed regret over the continuation of the occupation of Azerbaijani lands, noting that people are deprived of their fundamental right to live in their native lands.
“The world community was unaware of the nature of these crimes in time. After the return of national leader Heydar Aliyev to power, an official appeal was sent to the United Nations and numerous cases were launched in connection with these crimes,” she said.
“The perpetrators of these crimes are known, but they are evading punishment being represented in authorities of the neighboring countries,” Muradova added.
Related news releases
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 22.09.2017Armenian MP: 'We have no security issues in Baku' - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs attending Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order
- 12.09.2017Fuad Alasgarov: Lapshin is free to choose where to go
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into case of persons accused of spying for Armenia
- 12.09.2017Turkmenistan prevents terror attack on ferry set to sail from Turkmenbashi to Baku
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan strips 151 people of citizenship for fighting for terrorist organizations
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Unethical remarks by Akif Ali about Lotfi Zadeh unacceptable
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehman Aliyev appealed to president
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Jalilabad district for visit
- 02.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins autumn session
- 29.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends Eid al-Adha congratulations to the nation
- 29.08.2017Pakistan summons Indian envoy over mortar incident
- 28.08.2017Mehman Aliyev files appeal against court decision
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 2.7 times decline in USD transactions
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijani official: Lapshin's issue shouldn't be politicized
- 11.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijan is a key member of int’l community
- 09.02.2017Explosion at French nuclear plant, no contamination risk
- 07.02.2017US Embassy Warns of Possible Attacks on Baghdad Hotels
- 04.02.201796.6% of homicide facts uncovered in Azerbaijan