Azerbaijan prepares bill on prevention of int’l crimes and punishment of perpetrators
Azerbaijani Parliament has prepared a new bill “On prevention of international crimes and punishment of their perpetrators”.
The parliament held a presentation of the bill on Friday. The presentation was chaired by Vice-Speaker Bahar Muradova, who also heads the parliamentary Committee on human rights.
The event was attended by Azerbaijan’s permanent representative to the European Court of Human Rights and head of the human rights protection unit at the Presidential Administration’s department of work with law-enforcement agencies Chingiz Asgarov, deputy head of the department for public and political affairs at the Presidential Administration Arastun Mehdiyev, military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev, MPs and representatives of non-governmental organizations.
Addressing the presentation of the bill, vice-speaker Muradova noted that from time to time Azerbaijan faced military aggression, its people were sentenced to massacres and its cultural monuments were destroyed.
“A lot has been done up to the present to properly inform the world community about the crimes committed against Azerbaijan, obtain a legal assessment of these crimes and achieve the punishment of perpetrators,” she said.
The vice-speaker expressed regret over the continuation of the occupation of Azerbaijani lands, noting that people are deprived of their fundamental right to live in their native lands.
“The world community was unaware of the nature of these crimes in time. After the return of national leader Heydar Aliyev to power, an official appeal was sent to the United Nations and numerous cases were launched in connection with these crimes,” she said.
“The perpetrators of these crimes are known, but they are evading punishment being represented in authorities of the neighboring countries,” Muradova added.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new punishments for termination of activities of enterprises, organizations through strikes
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijan National NGO Forum releases final report on April 11 presidential election
- 26.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Growth of threats to global peace poses serious danger to peaceful co-existence of nations
- 26.04.2018Russia’s security chief presents Order of Honor to high-ranking Azerbaijani official
- 26.04.2018President of ExxonMobil congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.04.2018OSCE Secretary-General congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 2.7 times decline in USD transactions
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijani official: Lapshin's issue shouldn't be politicized
- 11.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijan is a key member of int’l community
- 09.02.2017Explosion at French nuclear plant, no contamination risk
- 07.02.2017US Embassy Warns of Possible Attacks on Baghdad Hotels
- 04.02.201796.6% of homicide facts uncovered in Azerbaijan