Azerbaijan prepares bill on prevention of int’l crimes and punishment of perpetrators
Azerbaijani Parliament has prepared a new bill “On prevention of international crimes and punishment of their perpetrators”.
The parliament held a presentation of the bill on Friday. The presentation was chaired by Vice-Speaker Bahar Muradova, who also heads the parliamentary Committee on human rights.
The event was attended by Azerbaijan’s permanent representative to the European Court of Human Rights and head of the human rights protection unit at the Presidential Administration’s department of work with law-enforcement agencies Chingiz Asgarov, deputy head of the department for public and political affairs at the Presidential Administration Arastun Mehdiyev, military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev, MPs and representatives of non-governmental organizations.
Addressing the presentation of the bill, vice-speaker Muradova noted that from time to time Azerbaijan faced military aggression, its people were sentenced to massacres and its cultural monuments were destroyed.
“A lot has been done up to the present to properly inform the world community about the crimes committed against Azerbaijan, obtain a legal assessment of these crimes and achieve the punishment of perpetrators,” she said.
The vice-speaker expressed regret over the continuation of the occupation of Azerbaijani lands, noting that people are deprived of their fundamental right to live in their native lands.
“The world community was unaware of the nature of these crimes in time. After the return of national leader Heydar Aliyev to power, an official appeal was sent to the United Nations and numerous cases were launched in connection with these crimes,” she said.
“The perpetrators of these crimes are known, but they are evading punishment being represented in authorities of the neighboring countries,” Muradova added.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 2.7 times decline in USD transactions
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijani official: Lapshin's issue shouldn't be politicized
- 11.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijan is a key member of int’l community
- 09.02.2017Explosion at French nuclear plant, no contamination risk
- 07.02.2017US Embassy Warns of Possible Attacks on Baghdad Hotels
- 04.02.201796.6% of homicide facts uncovered in Azerbaijan