Azerbaijan Pardon Commission considers 100 pleas
The Pardon Issues Commission under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan held its next meeting on Feb. 17.
Hundred pleas for pardon were considered at today’s meeting, Mehdi Mehdiyev, a commission member told APA.
According to him, a total of 250 pleas were considered in two days, most of them were received a positive response.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev is expected to sign a pardon order on the eve of Novruz holiday, by which a few more meeting are to be held.
The Pardon Issues Commission is expected to consider over 800 pleas.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Organization of services checked at Baku international airport
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC initiates investigation into several political parties
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan to restrict use of hookah and electronic cigarette
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy head of Anti-Corruption Department
- 26.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to mark production of 2 billion tons of oil this year
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 25.02.2017Azerbaijani Deputy PM: Our main goal is to legally punish perpetrators of Khojaly genocide
- 25.02.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds event on occasion of 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment will contribute to Azerbaijani people, state in coming years
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani Parliament adopts bill on Khojaly Genocide - UPDATED
- 24.02.2017State Commission: Negotiations for Elnur Huseynzade ongoing with int’l organizations
- 23.02.2017Nakhchivan’s Supreme Assembly approves constitutional amendments