Azerbaijan National NGO Forum releases final report on April 11 presidential election
The Azerbaijan National NGO Forum has announced its final report on the observation of the presidential election held in Azerbaijan on April 11, 2018.
President of the Azerbaijan National NGO Forum Rauf Zeyni told a press conference on Thursday that the organization was registered by Azerbaijan’s Central Election Commission (CEC) for observation throughout the country during the presidential election.
The presidential election was held in 5,641 polling stations in 125 constituencies, including 41 stations set up in Azerbaijan’s embassies and consulates abroad. The election headquarters of the Azerbaijan National NGO Forum observed the April 11 presidential election in 1,180 polling stations in 118 constituencies with 590 local observers and 30 observers across the country.
Zeyni noted that there were conditions for holding free, democratic, transparent and fair election in the country. The adoption of legal documents regulating the election process by the legislation and the CEC has created a complete legal framework to hold elections in line with international standards.
The Azerbaijan National NGO Forum’s observation mission did not register any violations of election law or election rights during its monitoring, Zeyni said, adding that freedom of assembly, organizing election campaigns, holding rallies and other mass events, freedom of speech and other rights were fully ensured.
He said that nearly 60,000 observers, including 118 representatives from 51 foreign media outlets, as well as 894 foreign observers representing 59 countries and 61 international organizations stated that the presidential election in Azerbaijan was free, fair and transparent.
"However, it is regrettable to note that in the report released in the name of these organizations, negativity of unknown sources and which had no impact on the outcome of the election was exaggerated. A tendency to shadow the results of all 5,641 polling stations throughout the country by also displaying a sharp distinction from the views of their representatives has been demonstrated. This report also draws attention to numerous internal contradictions. The preparation of OSCE/ODIHR, the OSCE PA, and the PACE observation mission’s reports gives great suspicion of the heads of missions carrying out various pressures of political intentions on their observers,” he said.
“The Azerbaijan National NGO Forum states that the presidential elections held in Azerbaijan on April 11 reflected the people’s will,” Zeyni added.
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.05.2018Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new punishments for termination of activities of enterprises, organizations through strikes
- 29.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev received president of United World Wrestling
- 30.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views newly built Tufan type border guard ship - UPDATED
- 26.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Growth of threats to global peace poses serious danger to peaceful co-existence of nations
- 26.04.2018Russia’s security chief presents Order of Honor to high-ranking Azerbaijani official
- 26.04.2018President of ExxonMobil congratulates Ilham Aliyev