Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
Azerbaijan may reintroduce a previously abrogated punishment.
A new article (52-1 restriction of freedom) has been proposed by the Azerbaijani president to be added to the Criminal Code, APA reported.
The proposed article restricts the convict’s freedom to residential surveillance without complete isolation from society.
Convicts of this type must abide by the following requirements:
--To not leave the place of residence completely or until certain times of the day;
--To carry the electronic surveillance device and to take care of the device;
--To not leave the area designated by court
--To not change the place of residence without the consent of the body supervising the execution of the penalty; to inform the body about the change of the place of work or study in advance
According to the article, the court can specify the following tasks for the convicts:
--To not organize or participate in mass or other events;
--To pass a course of treatment from alcoholism, drug addiction, toxicomania or venereal diseases.
The punishment provides for imprisonment from 6 months to 5 years.
It is reported that the unserved part of the prisoner’s sentence, who regularly fails to perform the tasks specified by the court, is replaced by a punishment in the form of imprisonment upon the presentation of the body supervising the execution of the punishment. So two days of the term in the form of restriction of freedom are equated to one day of imprisonment.
The punishment of restriction of freedom was abolished in 2011.
The draft amendments will be submitted for discussion at the parliament after public hearings.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 03.10.2007Turkish President Abdullah Gul to visit Azerbaijan on November 9
- 03.10.2007Majority of Azerbaijani flags hung along roads in Baku are old
- 03.10.2007Ganira Pashayeva’s questions submitted to CE Committee of Ministers published and distributed to PACE members
- 03.10.2007Azerbaijan Liberal Party to hold congress till year end
- 03.10.2007Baku hosts the meeting of the BSEC Parliamentary Assembly commission - UPDATED
- 03.10.2007Chairman of State Committee for Religious Affairs to address roundtable of UN General Assembly