Azerbaijan increases financing of diplomatic missions abroad
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Azerbaijan has increased the financing of diplomatic missions abroad, said Samad Seyidov, MP, chairman of the parliamentary Committee on foreign and inter-parliamentary relations.
He made the remarks on Friday during the parliamentary committees’ joint meeting on discussion of the 2017 state budget package.
The MP stressed the importance of effective use of public funds by the country’s embassies and consulates abroad.
“The funding of Azerbaijan’s diplomatic missions abroad has increased compared to last year. However, we must now pay attention to quality and effectiveness,” he said.
Seyidov noted that the steps taken by the country’s president in foreign policy must be a concrete example for the foreign ministry and embassies.
“I think that today Azerbaijan’s foreign policy should turn into a policy that includes the reforms in the spheres recommend by the country’s president and introduces Azerbaijan as a post-oil country,” he said, calling for the effective use of the funds allocated from the state budget to the country’s diplomatic mission abroad.
“I am sure that if we effectively organize the work on budgetary resources, Azerbaijan’s international relations will not face any problems, on the contrary, will further develop,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 21.07.2007Hasan Karimov: Several opposition parties’ making decision on presidential elections beforehand is doubtful
- 21.07.2007Baku to host Azerbaijan- Turkmenistan negotiations on Caspian’s status
- 21.07.2007Nizami Bahmanov: We will never sit under the separatists’ flag
- 21.07.2007EU representative meets Azerbaijani Justice Minister
- 21.07.2007Peter Semneby: We debated media situation and political issues with government representatives
- 21.07.2007Elections in Nagorno-Karabakh should not have any impact on the peaceful settlement of the conflict, OSCE Chairman-in-Office says