Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
Of them, five are citizens of Pakistan, two – India, two – Nepal, one – Sierra Leone, one – Nigeria. One of them has dual citizenship (Palestine and Jordan).
The investigation revealed that Pakistani citizen Zikar Ullah, who was deported from Azerbaijan for violating the migration legislation, had deceptively brought his five compatriots (Hussain Muhammad Waqar, Ahmad Sarfraz, Haidar Irfan, Ali Faizan, Ahmed Shakeel) and two Nepalese citizens (K C Sunil, Shrestha Anu) to Azerbaijan for being employed here.
Zikar Ullah, met the aforementioned nine persons in Azerbaijan, placed them in different apartments he had rented, promising that he would get them a permit for temporary residence and a work permit for paid labor. He also promised to have them employed.
It was noted that another 43 people who fell into Zikar Ullah’s hands were identified by the State Migration Service and deported from Azerbaijan.
Detainees Banya Sama Kai (Sierra Leone) and Nigerian citizen (Eze Chukuemeka), who are students of Azerbaijan Technical University, obtained a temporary residence permit from the State Migration Service. However, they became illegal migrants as they did not leave the country after university.
Also, the investigations made it clear that Jebreen M.S. Awad, who has dual citizenship, graduated from Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction but returned to Azerbaijan for work. He came to agreement with Ok Tour travel company and obtained permits from Md international LLC, a company he never worked for. However, when the LLC went out of business, Jebreen managed to get a permit for temporary residence as an owner of real estate.
The aforementioned persons were taken administrative measures against.
The State Migration Service continues carrying out measures against illegal immigration.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing salaries for servicemen of Foreign Intelligence Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards servicemen of Internal Troops
- 09.03.2018MP: Azerbaijan likely to see another biased attitude of OSCE/ODIHR towards upcoming presidential election
- 08.03.2018New public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 3 more candidates for presidential election
- 07.03.2018Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s March 10 rally
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman comments on National Council’s March 10 rally
- 07.03.2018OSCE/ODIHR election observation mission to start working in Azerbaijan on March 8
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani women
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries for military servants and non-civil servants of Interior Troops
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order