Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
Of them, five are citizens of Pakistan, two – India, two – Nepal, one – Sierra Leone, one – Nigeria. One of them has dual citizenship (Palestine and Jordan).
The investigation revealed that Pakistani citizen Zikar Ullah, who was deported from Azerbaijan for violating the migration legislation, had deceptively brought his five compatriots (Hussain Muhammad Waqar, Ahmad Sarfraz, Haidar Irfan, Ali Faizan, Ahmed Shakeel) and two Nepalese citizens (K C Sunil, Shrestha Anu) to Azerbaijan for being employed here.
Zikar Ullah, met the aforementioned nine persons in Azerbaijan, placed them in different apartments he had rented, promising that he would get them a permit for temporary residence and a work permit for paid labor. He also promised to have them employed.
It was noted that another 43 people who fell into Zikar Ullah’s hands were identified by the State Migration Service and deported from Azerbaijan.
Detainees Banya Sama Kai (Sierra Leone) and Nigerian citizen (Eze Chukuemeka), who are students of Azerbaijan Technical University, obtained a temporary residence permit from the State Migration Service. However, they became illegal migrants as they did not leave the country after university.
Also, the investigations made it clear that Jebreen M.S. Awad, who has dual citizenship, graduated from Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction but returned to Azerbaijan for work. He came to agreement with Ok Tour travel company and obtained permits from Md international LLC, a company he never worked for. However, when the LLC went out of business, Jebreen managed to get a permit for temporary residence as an owner of real estate.
The aforementioned persons were taken administrative measures against.
The State Migration Service continues carrying out measures against illegal immigration.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for restoration of Yanardag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.06.2018Six new sectors created at Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order