Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
Of them, five are citizens of Pakistan, two – India, two – Nepal, one – Sierra Leone, one – Nigeria. One of them has dual citizenship (Palestine and Jordan).
The investigation revealed that Pakistani citizen Zikar Ullah, who was deported from Azerbaijan for violating the migration legislation, had deceptively brought his five compatriots (Hussain Muhammad Waqar, Ahmad Sarfraz, Haidar Irfan, Ali Faizan, Ahmed Shakeel) and two Nepalese citizens (K C Sunil, Shrestha Anu) to Azerbaijan for being employed here.
Zikar Ullah, met the aforementioned nine persons in Azerbaijan, placed them in different apartments he had rented, promising that he would get them a permit for temporary residence and a work permit for paid labor. He also promised to have them employed.
It was noted that another 43 people who fell into Zikar Ullah’s hands were identified by the State Migration Service and deported from Azerbaijan.
Detainees Banya Sama Kai (Sierra Leone) and Nigerian citizen (Eze Chukuemeka), who are students of Azerbaijan Technical University, obtained a temporary residence permit from the State Migration Service. However, they became illegal migrants as they did not leave the country after university.
Also, the investigations made it clear that Jebreen M.S. Awad, who has dual citizenship, graduated from Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction but returned to Azerbaijan for work. He came to agreement with Ok Tour travel company and obtained permits from Md international LLC, a company he never worked for. However, when the LLC went out of business, Jebreen managed to get a permit for temporary residence as an owner of real estate.
The aforementioned persons were taken administrative measures against.
The State Migration Service continues carrying out measures against illegal immigration.
Related news releases
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order