Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
Yusuf Mammadaliyev was born on January 23, 1979 in Baku.
After finishing the secondary school #134, Yusuf Mammadaliyev was admitted to the faculty of the State and municipal management of the Baku Institute of Social Administration and Political Science. After receiving a bachelor's degree, he continued the education at the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. In 2001, having graduated with a diploma of distinction of the faculty of Administrative Management, he received his master's degree on the specialty of the State and Municipal Administration.
In 1997, Yusuf Mammadaliyev started his diplomatic career on his 18 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a referent and attache in the Department of International Organizations in 1997-2002.
In 2002-2005, he worked as the Attache of the Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan to the United Nations.
In 2003, under Leila Aliyeva’s leadership he participated in the pre-election campaign of Ilham Aliyev as a part of the youth initiative group under the slogan “Ilhamla Ireli” (Forward With Ilham).
In the years 2005-2009, he worked as the second, and then the first secretary of the Office of Security Problems of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan.
In 2009-2011, he was the First Secretary, Adviser of the Azerbaijani Embassy in Spain.
In 2011-2013 years, he worked as an adviser, later deputy Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan at the Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan to the UN.
He received the diplomatic rank of the First Secretary of the first class for the activities in the process of electing Azerbaijan as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council on November 14, 2011.
He worked as a head of the department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan from May 1 to December 30, 2013 and received the diplomatic rank of the adviser of the first class.
From January 2014 he continued his activity as an expert at the Heydar Aliyev Foundation and executive director of the Public Association İDEA.
He speaks English, Spanish, Russian and Turkish.
- How do you assess your appointment by the head of state?
- First of all, I would like to note that the structural changes carried out under the order of the president are aimed at ensuring dynamism, flexibility and optimality in the activity of the country's supreme executive body in accordance with the new situation and challenges. Strong presidential institution is undoubtedly a necessary term for stable and sustainable governance. As you know, those appointed as assistants to the president have many years of management experience. The establishment of the Department of Youth Policy and Sport Issues under Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan is aimed at successful implementation of the reforms set up by the president and more effective fulfillment of tasks. I want once again to express my gratitude to Mr. President and state that I would do my best to justify his confidence.
- It was reported that you was appointed as an assistant to the first vice-president as well. Is it true?
- Yes, it's true. Generally, today Azerbaijan is passing through an important stage of reforms. Following the referendum held on September 26, 2016, purposeful measures have been implemented in Azerbaijan for formation of efficient and flexible governance mechanism, strengthening vertical of executive power and executive discipline and improving the economic management mechanism to ensure the effectiveness and consistency of economic reforms. The creation of the post of the first vice-president and Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as the first vice-president are an important part of these reforms. Mehriban Aliyeva is obviously serving the state and public both as a public figure and President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. Her historical and disinterested services are welcomed by every citizen of Azerbaijan, foreign governments and agencies. Thus, I comprehend important obligations and responsibilities of the post of the assistant to the first vice-president.
- Your post has been newly-established. It is interesting to know your opinion about this field and direction. Will any new projects be implemented?
- Youth and sport issues are one of the priorities of the state policy founded by national leader Heydar Aliyev and today successfully continued by President Ilham Aliyev. The state care and attention towards young people is increasing every year. As younger generation is an innovative potential of the country, promotion of their activities, intensive exchange of views with young people, formation of a competitive staff are priority directions. Both mental and physical capabilities of energetic and productive younger generation contribute to economic, cultural and social development in the world's developed countries. Currently, professional environment is becoming younger in all fields in Azerbaijan.
Today, the main objectives of the youth policy in Azerbaijan are achieving high spirit of patriotism among young people, their better education, making them to spend spare time more efficiently, increasing their success in sports and contributing to the solution of their employment, health, social problems.
As a result of the sports policy realized in Azerbaijan, the country has become a venue to conduct prestigious international competitions. We will always support young people and their future children so that they may see their future in the Motherland.
Owing to the creation of such a structure in response to the challenges of the modern world, Azerbaijani youth will achieve success as a result of our activities with the support of the Head of the State and the First Vice-President.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration