Ali Huseynli: Appointment of Mehriban Aliyeva, president’s closest associate, is desirable decision on way to statehood
Chairman of the parliamentary Committee on legal policy and state building, Ali Huseynli told APA the aforesaid while commenting on appointment of President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation, MP Mehriban Aliyev as First Vice-President of Azerbaijan.
He noted that the institution of vice-presidents is very important in the modern world and this plays a leading role in the executive structure: “According to the Constitution, First Vice-President is the second responsible person in executive structure in the Azerbaijani state. The First Vice-President can replace President in many cases in accordance to the Constitution.”
The committee chairman stressed that Mehriban Aliyev’s appointment as the country’s First Vice-President by Presdient Ilham Aliyev is a very important step towards strengthening of the statehood of Azerbaijan. “Thus, so far Mehriban Aliyeva contributed to the country’s development as President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation or a member of parliament. Mrs.Mehriban also made her contribution on the way of statehood as an organizer of a number of international events and head of commissions. In this regard I can say that, Mrs.Mehriban has been the closest associate of the president and this appointment is desirable. Therefore, her appointment is praiseworthy and welcomed by the public. Mehriban Aliyeva has gained great respect for her skills, knowledge and the work she done. We are confident that this appointment will further accelerate the reforms carried out in Azerbaijan”, Huseynli said.
Note that, Mehriban Aliyeva was appointed First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan upon President Ilham Aliyev’s order signed on February 21.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 22.02.2017Governor of US State of Indiana issues proclamation on Khojaly Massacre
- 22.02.2017Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment to be ‘a big help’ in ensuring Azerbaijan’s sustainable development, says official
- 22.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite being a small country, Azerbaijan is doing huge work
- 21.02.2017Heads of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions congratulate Mehriban Aliyeva
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijani official: All had been expecting Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as first vice-president
- 21.02.2017VP Mehriban Aliyeva: I realize seriousness of my responsibility