Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
The state of Azerbaijan has always paid special attention to its countrymen, regardless of what country they reside in, and praised their productive activities, Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, told APA on Monday.
He was commenting on the ongoing discussions on Azerbaijanis living abroad.
“Yesterday President Ilham Aliyev congratulated our countrymen on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and the New Year, wishing every one of them well-being and success in their work,” Hasanov reminded.
The top official quoted national leader Heydar Aliyev’s address to our countrymen living abroad during the 1st Congress of World Azerbaijanis held in 2001. “Here in Azerbaijan, we think of you as envoys of ours. We have put much hope in you and we trust you. I wish for every one of you best of luck, in your work, and wherever you live. No matter where they live, I wish for every family and every Azerbaijani a happy life and a bright future.”
Hasanov noted that President Ilham Aliyev remains loyal to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s policy towards the Azerbaijanis living abroad and always takes a principled approach to issues related to them.
“President Ilham Aliyev, in his speech at the 2nd Congress of World Azerbaijanis, noted that our compatriots living throughout the world are united in organizations and play a more active role in the life of their countries of residence,” the top official said. “The president stressed that this strengthens both their positions and the position of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”
“We are pleased that the Azerbaijanis living in different countries play a very important role in the life and economy of those countries, and we can say that they have almost a strong position,” Hasanov added.
The presidential aide stressed that the Azerbaijani president and state take an unambiguous position in regard with our countrymen living abroad and highly appreciate their activities.
“Therefore, anyone’s views regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad reflect his/her personal position, and he/she bears direct responsibility for this,” Hasanov added.
The statement recently made by Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad caused resentment and became a topic of discussion on social networks.
Related news releases
- 24.10.2017Turkish soldier martyred in PKK attack
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference