Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
The state of Azerbaijan has always paid special attention to its countrymen, regardless of what country they reside in, and praised their productive activities, Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, told APA on Monday.
He was commenting on the ongoing discussions on Azerbaijanis living abroad.
“Yesterday President Ilham Aliyev congratulated our countrymen on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and the New Year, wishing every one of them well-being and success in their work,” Hasanov reminded.
The top official quoted national leader Heydar Aliyev’s address to our countrymen living abroad during the 1st Congress of World Azerbaijanis held in 2001. “Here in Azerbaijan, we think of you as envoys of ours. We have put much hope in you and we trust you. I wish for every one of you best of luck, in your work, and wherever you live. No matter where they live, I wish for every family and every Azerbaijani a happy life and a bright future.”
Hasanov noted that President Ilham Aliyev remains loyal to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s policy towards the Azerbaijanis living abroad and always takes a principled approach to issues related to them.
“President Ilham Aliyev, in his speech at the 2nd Congress of World Azerbaijanis, noted that our compatriots living throughout the world are united in organizations and play a more active role in the life of their countries of residence,” the top official said. “The president stressed that this strengthens both their positions and the position of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”
“We are pleased that the Azerbaijanis living in different countries play a very important role in the life and economy of those countries, and we can say that they have almost a strong position,” Hasanov added.
The presidential aide stressed that the Azerbaijani president and state take an unambiguous position in regard with our countrymen living abroad and highly appreciate their activities.
“Therefore, anyone’s views regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad reflect his/her personal position, and he/she bears direct responsibility for this,” Hasanov added.
The statement recently made by Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad caused resentment and became a topic of discussion on social networks.
Related news releases
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 11.03.2016Azerbaijani parliament approves agenda of next plenary session
- 12.03.2016Speaker of Czech Republic’s parliament to visit Azerbaijan tomorrow
- 14.03.2016Head of another district executive authority dismissed in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2016New chairman of Sumgayit Administrative and Economic Court appointed
- 10.03.2016Azerbaijani first lady holds meetings as part of 4th Global Baku Forum
- 10.03.2016Israel’s former PM supports fair solution to Karabakh conflict