Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
The state of Azerbaijan has always paid special attention to its countrymen, regardless of what country they reside in, and praised their productive activities, Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, told APA on Monday.
He was commenting on the ongoing discussions on Azerbaijanis living abroad.
“Yesterday President Ilham Aliyev congratulated our countrymen on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and the New Year, wishing every one of them well-being and success in their work,” Hasanov reminded.
The top official quoted national leader Heydar Aliyev’s address to our countrymen living abroad during the 1st Congress of World Azerbaijanis held in 2001. “Here in Azerbaijan, we think of you as envoys of ours. We have put much hope in you and we trust you. I wish for every one of you best of luck, in your work, and wherever you live. No matter where they live, I wish for every family and every Azerbaijani a happy life and a bright future.”
Hasanov noted that President Ilham Aliyev remains loyal to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s policy towards the Azerbaijanis living abroad and always takes a principled approach to issues related to them.
“President Ilham Aliyev, in his speech at the 2nd Congress of World Azerbaijanis, noted that our compatriots living throughout the world are united in organizations and play a more active role in the life of their countries of residence,” the top official said. “The president stressed that this strengthens both their positions and the position of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”
“We are pleased that the Azerbaijanis living in different countries play a very important role in the life and economy of those countries, and we can say that they have almost a strong position,” Hasanov added.
The presidential aide stressed that the Azerbaijani president and state take an unambiguous position in regard with our countrymen living abroad and highly appreciate their activities.
“Therefore, anyone’s views regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad reflect his/her personal position, and he/she bears direct responsibility for this,” Hasanov added.
The statement recently made by Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad caused resentment and became a topic of discussion on social networks.
Related news releases
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 01.06.2017Head of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference