Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
The state of Azerbaijan has always paid special attention to its countrymen, regardless of what country they reside in, and praised their productive activities, Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, told APA on Monday.
He was commenting on the ongoing discussions on Azerbaijanis living abroad.
“Yesterday President Ilham Aliyev congratulated our countrymen on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and the New Year, wishing every one of them well-being and success in their work,” Hasanov reminded.
The top official quoted national leader Heydar Aliyev’s address to our countrymen living abroad during the 1st Congress of World Azerbaijanis held in 2001. “Here in Azerbaijan, we think of you as envoys of ours. We have put much hope in you and we trust you. I wish for every one of you best of luck, in your work, and wherever you live. No matter where they live, I wish for every family and every Azerbaijani a happy life and a bright future.”
Hasanov noted that President Ilham Aliyev remains loyal to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s policy towards the Azerbaijanis living abroad and always takes a principled approach to issues related to them.
“President Ilham Aliyev, in his speech at the 2nd Congress of World Azerbaijanis, noted that our compatriots living throughout the world are united in organizations and play a more active role in the life of their countries of residence,” the top official said. “The president stressed that this strengthens both their positions and the position of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”
“We are pleased that the Azerbaijanis living in different countries play a very important role in the life and economy of those countries, and we can say that they have almost a strong position,” Hasanov added.
The presidential aide stressed that the Azerbaijani president and state take an unambiguous position in regard with our countrymen living abroad and highly appreciate their activities.
“Therefore, anyone’s views regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad reflect his/her personal position, and he/she bears direct responsibility for this,” Hasanov added.
The statement recently made by Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad caused resentment and became a topic of discussion on social networks.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing salaries for servicemen of Foreign Intelligence Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards servicemen of Internal Troops
- 09.03.2018MP: Azerbaijan likely to see another biased attitude of OSCE/ODIHR towards upcoming presidential election
- 08.03.2018New public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference