Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani state pays special attention to countrymen living abroad
The state of Azerbaijan has always paid special attention to its countrymen, regardless of what country they reside in, and praised their productive activities, Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, told APA on Monday.
He was commenting on the ongoing discussions on Azerbaijanis living abroad.
“Yesterday President Ilham Aliyev congratulated our countrymen on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and the New Year, wishing every one of them well-being and success in their work,” Hasanov reminded.
The top official quoted national leader Heydar Aliyev’s address to our countrymen living abroad during the 1st Congress of World Azerbaijanis held in 2001. “Here in Azerbaijan, we think of you as envoys of ours. We have put much hope in you and we trust you. I wish for every one of you best of luck, in your work, and wherever you live. No matter where they live, I wish for every family and every Azerbaijani a happy life and a bright future.”
Hasanov noted that President Ilham Aliyev remains loyal to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s policy towards the Azerbaijanis living abroad and always takes a principled approach to issues related to them.
“President Ilham Aliyev, in his speech at the 2nd Congress of World Azerbaijanis, noted that our compatriots living throughout the world are united in organizations and play a more active role in the life of their countries of residence,” the top official said. “The president stressed that this strengthens both their positions and the position of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”
“We are pleased that the Azerbaijanis living in different countries play a very important role in the life and economy of those countries, and we can say that they have almost a strong position,” Hasanov added.
The presidential aide stressed that the Azerbaijani president and state take an unambiguous position in regard with our countrymen living abroad and highly appreciate their activities.
“Therefore, anyone’s views regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad reflect his/her personal position, and he/she bears direct responsibility for this,” Hasanov added.
The statement recently made by Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev regarding the Azerbaijanis living abroad caused resentment and became a topic of discussion on social networks.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Deputy PM calls for end to injustice against Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 10.04.2017Israeli envoy: Karabakh conflict settlement should be based on Minsk Group
- 08.04.2017Siyavush Novruzov: Relevant authorities investigating Ali Karimli’s migrant trade issue
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC warns political parties over failure to submit financial reports
- 27.12.2016Over 700 religious communities registered in Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Parliament’s disciplinary commission discusses MP Astan Shahverdiyev’s controversial interview
- 28.12.2016Draft law on labor pension submitted to Azerbaijani parliament
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev opens new park in Baku - UPDATED
- 26.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev views work done in Baku White City
- 24.12.2016Baku hosting “Address of future: President Ilham Aliyev’s strategy of reforms” conference