Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
Lukashenko said that the Belarusian and Azerbaijani parliaments will make a significant contribution to the development of bilateral relations, the Azerbaijani parliament told APA.
The Belarusian president said that two countries have their own political lines: “There are very sincere and good relations between our countries. We trust each other as friends. Undoubtedly, Belarus and Azerbaijan are closely cooperating in many areas. Products manufactured by our joint ventures are exported to other countries’ markets. We are together stepping towards the South and the East. We will continue to support this policy in the economic sphere. The military-technical cooperation between Belarus and Azerbaijan is expanding and we do not hide it from anyone. We are committed to supporting Azerbaijan in this area. Belarus supports peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and will continue its decisive position regarding this issue.”
The Belarusian president considered it necessary to further strengthen the regional cooperation within the framework of the CIS Parliamentary Assembly. Reminding that he met with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at the meeting of the CIS Heads of State in Sochi, Lukashenko said that they held wide discussions on bilateral relations during the meeting. The Belarusian president expressed his gratitude to the Azerbaijani leader for paying special attention to the development of multilateral relations between the two countries.
Asadov said Azerbaijan is actively cooperating with Belarus in all directions. Expressing his gratitude for position of Belarus on the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Asadov reminded that the Belarusian president announced his support to the settlement of the conflict within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan during the events of April 2016.
Our parliamentary delegation ended the official visit to Belarus on October 13.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva