Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 62nd death anniversary
Today (March 6) is the 62nd death anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade, one of the founding political leaders of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, the first independent Republic in the East.
Rasulzade was born in the Novkhani township of Baku on January 31, 1884.
He participated in the foundation of an organization, called “Hummet”, with the social-democrats.
In 1909, under the persecution from Tsarist authorities, Rasulzade fled to Iran and began publishing its newspaper Iran-e Nou, after suppression of the Constitutional Revolution he migrated to Turkey.
He joined the Musavat party in 1911 and four years later was elected Chairman of the Musavat Central Committee.
In 1918, jointly with Fatali Khan Khoiski, Rasulzde officially declared the first independent Republic in the East. He was arrested after Bolshevik Occupation on April 28, 1920. Under the order of Stalin, he was released and transferred from Azerbaijan to Russia. Despite Stalin’s insistence, he refused to cooperate with Soviet Authorities and leaved USSR.
He died in Ankara on March 6, 1955.
On 24 December 1992, Azerbaijani President Abulfaz Elchibay issued an order on “Return of family members of well-known public figure Mammad Amin Rasulzade that faced repressions during totalitarian soviet period to Azerbaijan and solution of the issues on their social conditions”.
On 29 December 1993, Azerbaijani President Heydar Aliyev issued an order on “marking the 110th anniversary of public figure Mammad Amin Rasulzade”.
On 22 November 2013, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev issued an order on marking the 130th anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade. Under the order, jubilee events are held in the country and abroad.
Related news releases
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 01.06.2017Head of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 01.06.2017Fatma Abdullazade relieved of her duties
- 06.03.2017Two earthquakes recorded in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017Mehman Huseynov arrested on concrete charges, attempts to politicize this issue inadmissible: Azerbaijani official
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani government’s report for 2016 submitted to parliament
- 04.03.2017Members appointed of Observation Council of Youth Foundation under Azerbaijani President
- 01.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views special boarding school in Turkan
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss bill on pension age rise on March 7