Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada hosted Tuesday a meeting of the Congress of European Azerbaijan and the Ukraine-Azerbaijan interparliamentary working group.
The meeting was attended by leaders of Azerbaijani communities in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Estonia and other European countries, APA reported.
Addressing the meeting, the head of the Ukraine-Azerbaijan interparliamentary working group, Maxim Kuryachiy, hailed the activities of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Ukraine’s socio-political life.
“Over 20 million Ukrainians worldwide represent our diaspora. We are establishing our diaspora, and we need the support of the Azerbaijani diaspora which has been functioning for over 20 years throughout the world,” he said.
The industrial, economic and political relations between Ukraine and Azerbaijan are rapidly developing, said Kuryachiy, stressing that the role of the Azerbaijani diaspora in this is undeniable.
He said that both Ukraine and Azerbaijan suffer from the occupation. “We have common problems. The territory of Azerbaijan, like that of Ukraine, is under occupation. Our countries suffer from separatism.”
Kuryachiy went on to say that Azerbaijani President is expected to pay a visit to Ukraine by the end of this year.
“We are looking forward to this visit. Several important documents for our countries will be signed during this visit, and they are currently under development,” he said.
The president of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis, Sahil Gasimov, said in his speech that nearly half a million Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine is a considerable force in Europe, noting that this factor is very important for Azerbaijanis Europe-wide to unite around a common force.
"We have always shown mutual support with Ukrainians in Europe. The problems Ukraine has been facing in recent years are not being neglected by to Azerbaijanis living in Europe. On the contrary, these problems are being approached with more sensitivity. So we expect the same sensitivity from Ukrainians and Ukrainian officials for Azerbaijan's interests,” he added.
Gasimov spoke about the proposals about future joint activities of the Azerbaijani and Ukrainian diasporas in Europe.
Rovshan Tagiyev, vice president of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis and chairman of the United Congress of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis, in his speech spoke about diaspora activities in providing humanitarian aid to the people hurt in battles taking place in eastern Ukraine. He also voiced his demands about the Verkhovna Rada on behalf of Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine.
“Our country has been facing smear campaigns from some European circles. Of course, it all stems from the Armenian lobby’s support. Ukrainian MPs represented in European institutions must demonstrate their stance against these anti-Azerbaijan smear campaigns. That’s what we expect,” Tagiyev added.
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 10.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in San Diego
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijani appointed vice-president of People’s Assembly of Kazakhstan
- 25.04.2017Russian Justice Ministry asks court for time to investigate new documents submitted by All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine appeal to Verkhovna Rada
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: We’re doing a lot to solve problems of Azerbaijanis living abroad
- 11.04.2017Hearing on lawsuit seeking to liquidate All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress postponed
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russia community expresses concern over possible liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 03.04.2017State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 31.03.2017Russian Ministry of Justice appeals to Supreme Court for abolishment of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan praised as 'Beacon of Religious Tolerance' following visit by children from Atlanta Jewish Academy
- 17.03.2017Khojaly – a heartrending artistic inspiration – highlighted in Paris
- 16.03.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan supports idea of conducting reforms in UN
- 16.03.2017Georgian president calls for condemnation of military aggression worldwide
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia