Up to 25 Azerbaijanis abducted or lost in Ukraine
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Up to 25 Azerbaijanis were abducted or lost in Ukraine over the last few months.
Most of them are Azerbaijani citizens, two – Georgian and the rest – Ukrainian citizens.
To ensure the safety of these persons, their names were disclosed.
Speaking to APA, the secretary of consular section of the Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine Abbas Mustafayev said that an appeal has already been sent to Ukraine’s law-enforcement bodies, and the Interior Ministry has launched criminal cases on each fact.
“We are in close contact with the Interior Ministry. We want the criminal cases to be solved as soon as possible,” he noted.
Mustafayev added that the embassy appealed to the International Committee of the Red Cross as well.
Hikmat Javadov, chairman of the United Diaspora of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis (ODAU), in a statement to APA said that on behalf of the Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine, an appeal has been sent to Ukraine’s Security Service, General Prosecutor's Office and Interior Ministry
“This issue is of serious concern to the Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine. In this regard, we had a meeting at the Security Service’s relevant department on diaspora affairs. We were assured that this undesirable case will be prevented. This week, we will have a meting in the embassy regarding the issue. As an Azerbaijani community, we will do everything possible for the abducted and missing Azerbaijanis to be released and found,” added Javadov.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 14.06.2016Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia used phosphorous bombs during April clashes
- 21.06.2016Khojaly victims and Azerbaijani IDPs remembered at EU epicentre on UN World Refugee Day
- 24.06.2016PKK supporters attack office of Turkey-Azerbaijan diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 07.06.2016Azerbaijanis hold rally outside Merkel's constituency office
- 07.06.2016“Flag” of unrecognized Karabakh raised during Reporters Without Borders’ anti-Azerbaijani rally in Berlin
- 04.06.2016Azerbaijani Diaspora to establish special fund and coordination centers on information war