Up to 25 Azerbaijanis abducted or lost in Ukraine
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Up to 25 Azerbaijanis were abducted or lost in Ukraine over the last few months.
Most of them are Azerbaijani citizens, two – Georgian and the rest – Ukrainian citizens.
To ensure the safety of these persons, their names were disclosed.
Speaking to APA, the secretary of consular section of the Azerbaijani embassy in Ukraine Abbas Mustafayev said that an appeal has already been sent to Ukraine’s law-enforcement bodies, and the Interior Ministry has launched criminal cases on each fact.
“We are in close contact with the Interior Ministry. We want the criminal cases to be solved as soon as possible,” he noted.
Mustafayev added that the embassy appealed to the International Committee of the Red Cross as well.
Hikmat Javadov, chairman of the United Diaspora of Ukrainian Azerbaijanis (ODAU), in a statement to APA said that on behalf of the Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine, an appeal has been sent to Ukraine’s Security Service, General Prosecutor's Office and Interior Ministry
“This issue is of serious concern to the Azerbaijanis living in Ukraine. In this regard, we had a meeting at the Security Service’s relevant department on diaspora affairs. We were assured that this undesirable case will be prevented. This week, we will have a meting in the embassy regarding the issue. As an Azerbaijani community, we will do everything possible for the abducted and missing Azerbaijanis to be released and found,” added Javadov.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 14.06.2016Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia used phosphorous bombs during April clashes
- 21.06.2016Khojaly victims and Azerbaijani IDPs remembered at EU epicentre on UN World Refugee Day
- 24.06.2016PKK supporters attack office of Turkey-Azerbaijan diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 07.06.2016Azerbaijanis hold rally outside Merkel's constituency office
- 07.06.2016“Flag” of unrecognized Karabakh raised during Reporters Without Borders’ anti-Azerbaijani rally in Berlin
- 04.06.2016Azerbaijani Diaspora to establish special fund and coordination centers on information war