Ukrainian president asked to abolish document on Armenian genocide
A statement of protest, send by the organizations representing Azerbaijanis, Tatars, Hungarians, Jews, Russians, Greeks, Turks, Moldavians, Czechs, Poles and other nations, demands the investigation of the voting results and its cancellation, president of the Assembly of Nationalities of Ukraine, Rovshan Taghiyev told APA.
The statement notes the adoption of such a document creates favorable conditions for the escalation of the ethnic conflict in Ukraine that is not traditional.
“Attempts of adopting such documents and creating ethnic conflict are recently being observed in Ukraine's remotest towns. It is not only undesirable for the current situation in Ukraine, but also means the beginning of a new crisis. Azerbaijanis and other Turkic peoples have been playing a strong role in the country's political and economic development for a long time. The adoption of this document as a result of fraudulent voting undermines economic and political influence of Ukraine and contributes to ethnic fragmentation. We ask and demand you to investigate the result of this voting and pass a fair decision,” said the statement.
Taghiyev said the embassies of Azerbaijan and Turkey in Ukraine are handling the issue together with the diaspora, taking measures to make sure it does not spread to other provincial councils.
The congresses of the Azerbaijanis in the provinces of Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov told APA that the city council is informed that in case the results of this fake election are not abolished, representatives of Azerbaijanis and other Turkic-speaking nations will hold a rally of protest in Dnepropetrovsk.
Note that, on Sept.30, Ukraine’s Dnepropetrovsk city council adopted a document on the so-called Armenian genocide, which was not on the agenda. During the meeting, chairperson of the city council, acting-mayor Galina Bulavka first suggested that eight issues on the agenda be put to the vote altogether. Deputies voted for the documents presented to them as a whole and without discussing. After the vote, city council deputy Sergei Vorobyov saw the document on the recognition of the so-called Armenian genocide among the adopted documents and raised his objection. Having seen Vorobyov’s objection triggered mass protest, Galina Bulavka hurriedly closed the meeting and left.
Related news releases
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijan establishes Diaspora Support Fund
- 12.06.2018Head of Staff of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora dismissed
- 06.06.2018Polish tourism company cancels illegal trips to Karabakh after protest of Azerbaijani diaspora
- 31.05.2018West Hollywood honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 07.10.2015Moscow to host 6th forum of Azerbaijani Youth Union of Russia
- 08.10.2015Macedonian president receives chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 09.10.2015Sofia conference ends with adoption of declaration
- 19.09.2015Declaration adopted on unification of All-Russia Azerbaijan Congress and "AzerRos"
- 14.09.2015Turkish FM to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 09.09.2015Azerbaijani businessman killed in Luhansk