Ukrainian president asked to abolish document on Armenian genocide
A statement of protest, send by the organizations representing Azerbaijanis, Tatars, Hungarians, Jews, Russians, Greeks, Turks, Moldavians, Czechs, Poles and other nations, demands the investigation of the voting results and its cancellation, president of the Assembly of Nationalities of Ukraine, Rovshan Taghiyev told APA.
The statement notes the adoption of such a document creates favorable conditions for the escalation of the ethnic conflict in Ukraine that is not traditional.
“Attempts of adopting such documents and creating ethnic conflict are recently being observed in Ukraine's remotest towns. It is not only undesirable for the current situation in Ukraine, but also means the beginning of a new crisis. Azerbaijanis and other Turkic peoples have been playing a strong role in the country's political and economic development for a long time. The adoption of this document as a result of fraudulent voting undermines economic and political influence of Ukraine and contributes to ethnic fragmentation. We ask and demand you to investigate the result of this voting and pass a fair decision,” said the statement.
Taghiyev said the embassies of Azerbaijan and Turkey in Ukraine are handling the issue together with the diaspora, taking measures to make sure it does not spread to other provincial councils.
The congresses of the Azerbaijanis in the provinces of Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov told APA that the city council is informed that in case the results of this fake election are not abolished, representatives of Azerbaijanis and other Turkic-speaking nations will hold a rally of protest in Dnepropetrovsk.
Note that, on Sept.30, Ukraine’s Dnepropetrovsk city council adopted a document on the so-called Armenian genocide, which was not on the agenda. During the meeting, chairperson of the city council, acting-mayor Galina Bulavka first suggested that eight issues on the agenda be put to the vote altogether. Deputies voted for the documents presented to them as a whole and without discussing. After the vote, city council deputy Sergei Vorobyov saw the document on the recognition of the so-called Armenian genocide among the adopted documents and raised his objection. Having seen Vorobyov’s objection triggered mass protest, Galina Bulavka hurriedly closed the meeting and left.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 07.10.2015Moscow to host 6th forum of Azerbaijani Youth Union of Russia
- 08.10.2015Macedonian president receives chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 09.10.2015Sofia conference ends with adoption of declaration
- 19.09.2015Declaration adopted on unification of All-Russia Azerbaijan Congress and "AzerRos"
- 14.09.2015Turkish FM to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 09.09.2015Azerbaijani businessman killed in Luhansk