Ukrainian president asked to abolish document on Armenian genocide
A statement of protest, send by the organizations representing Azerbaijanis, Tatars, Hungarians, Jews, Russians, Greeks, Turks, Moldavians, Czechs, Poles and other nations, demands the investigation of the voting results and its cancellation, president of the Assembly of Nationalities of Ukraine, Rovshan Taghiyev told APA.
The statement notes the adoption of such a document creates favorable conditions for the escalation of the ethnic conflict in Ukraine that is not traditional.
“Attempts of adopting such documents and creating ethnic conflict are recently being observed in Ukraine's remotest towns. It is not only undesirable for the current situation in Ukraine, but also means the beginning of a new crisis. Azerbaijanis and other Turkic peoples have been playing a strong role in the country's political and economic development for a long time. The adoption of this document as a result of fraudulent voting undermines economic and political influence of Ukraine and contributes to ethnic fragmentation. We ask and demand you to investigate the result of this voting and pass a fair decision,” said the statement.
Taghiyev said the embassies of Azerbaijan and Turkey in Ukraine are handling the issue together with the diaspora, taking measures to make sure it does not spread to other provincial councils.
The congresses of the Azerbaijanis in the provinces of Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov told APA that the city council is informed that in case the results of this fake election are not abolished, representatives of Azerbaijanis and other Turkic-speaking nations will hold a rally of protest in Dnepropetrovsk.
Note that, on Sept.30, Ukraine’s Dnepropetrovsk city council adopted a document on the so-called Armenian genocide, which was not on the agenda. During the meeting, chairperson of the city council, acting-mayor Galina Bulavka first suggested that eight issues on the agenda be put to the vote altogether. Deputies voted for the documents presented to them as a whole and without discussing. After the vote, city council deputy Sergei Vorobyov saw the document on the recognition of the so-called Armenian genocide among the adopted documents and raised his objection. Having seen Vorobyov’s objection triggered mass protest, Galina Bulavka hurriedly closed the meeting and left.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.10.2015Moscow to host 6th forum of Azerbaijani Youth Union of Russia
- 08.10.2015Macedonian president receives chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 09.10.2015Sofia conference ends with adoption of declaration
- 19.09.2015Declaration adopted on unification of All-Russia Azerbaijan Congress and "AzerRos"
- 14.09.2015Turkish FM to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 09.09.2015Azerbaijani businessman killed in Luhansk