Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia used phosphorous bombs during April clashes
Issues such as regional representation, the ongoing conflicts in various parts of the world, management, the role of states in a globalized world, the regionalization of policy and economic globalization were discussed during the panel sessions held on the topic “Future political map of the world”.
Deputy Head of the Administration of the President of Azerbaijan, Head of Foreign Relations Department Novruz Mammadov, Secretary-General of the Arab League Amr Moussa, Former President of Latvia Valdis Zatlers, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Georgia Eka Tkeshelashvili and Former President of Romania Emil Constantinescu made speeches at the event.
Giving detailed information about the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Azerbaijan’s top official Novruz Mammadov said that the lack of justice in international relations lies at the core of the conflicts that occurred after the collapse of the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union.
In the period of its independence, Azerbaijan managed to ensure the stability, security and sustainable development, Mammadov said, noting that the ongoing conflict with a neighboring country hinders the further development of the conflict.
“International law is ignored in the settlement of the conflict and the UN resolutions remain unfulfilled,” he stressed.
According to him, the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs have failed to carry out effective work for 25 years. “All these processes became the sacrifice of political interests. The conflict is going on. Nobody mentions the UN Security Council resolutions and the rights of people who have been displaces as a result of the occupation of 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory.”
Recalling to the armed provocations committed by Armenian armed forces in April this year on the contact line, the top official stressed that the Armenian side used white phosphorous bombs and the usage of such weapons by Armenia has been introduced to military attaches of foreign embassies accredited in Azerbaijan.
Mammadov noted the need for the closure of Metsamor Nuclear Power Plant.
He added that the international community should promptly respond to such issues, but no sanctions have been imposed on Armenia so far.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 21.06.2016Khojaly victims and Azerbaijani IDPs remembered at EU epicentre on UN World Refugee Day
- 24.06.2016PKK supporters attack office of Turkey-Azerbaijan diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 27.06.2016Azerbaijanis save Armenian woman in Russia
- 14.06.2016Up to 25 Azerbaijanis abducted or lost in Ukraine
- 07.06.2016Azerbaijanis hold rally outside Merkel's constituency office
- 07.06.2016“Flag” of unrecognized Karabakh raised during Reporters Without Borders’ anti-Azerbaijani rally in Berlin