Top Azerbaijani official: Armenia used phosphorous bombs during April clashes
Issues such as regional representation, the ongoing conflicts in various parts of the world, management, the role of states in a globalized world, the regionalization of policy and economic globalization were discussed during the panel sessions held on the topic “Future political map of the world”.
Deputy Head of the Administration of the President of Azerbaijan, Head of Foreign Relations Department Novruz Mammadov, Secretary-General of the Arab League Amr Moussa, Former President of Latvia Valdis Zatlers, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Georgia Eka Tkeshelashvili and Former President of Romania Emil Constantinescu made speeches at the event.
Giving detailed information about the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Azerbaijan’s top official Novruz Mammadov said that the lack of justice in international relations lies at the core of the conflicts that occurred after the collapse of the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union.
In the period of its independence, Azerbaijan managed to ensure the stability, security and sustainable development, Mammadov said, noting that the ongoing conflict with a neighboring country hinders the further development of the conflict.
“International law is ignored in the settlement of the conflict and the UN resolutions remain unfulfilled,” he stressed.
According to him, the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs have failed to carry out effective work for 25 years. “All these processes became the sacrifice of political interests. The conflict is going on. Nobody mentions the UN Security Council resolutions and the rights of people who have been displaces as a result of the occupation of 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory.”
Recalling to the armed provocations committed by Armenian armed forces in April this year on the contact line, the top official stressed that the Armenian side used white phosphorous bombs and the usage of such weapons by Armenia has been introduced to military attaches of foreign embassies accredited in Azerbaijan.
Mammadov noted the need for the closure of Metsamor Nuclear Power Plant.
He added that the international community should promptly respond to such issues, but no sanctions have been imposed on Armenia so far.
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 21.06.2016Khojaly victims and Azerbaijani IDPs remembered at EU epicentre on UN World Refugee Day
- 24.06.2016PKK supporters attack office of Turkey-Azerbaijan diaspora organization in Netherlands
- 27.06.2016Azerbaijanis save Armenian woman in Russia
- 14.06.2016Up to 25 Azerbaijanis abducted or lost in Ukraine
- 07.06.2016Azerbaijanis hold rally outside Merkel's constituency office
- 07.06.2016“Flag” of unrecognized Karabakh raised during Reporters Without Borders’ anti-Azerbaijani rally in Berlin