State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
The State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Diaspora has shed light on reports of the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress.
“Media reports that the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation has appealed to the Supreme Court for the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has caused a lot of concern in Azerbaijan as well as among the millions-strong Azerbaijani diaspora in Russia,” the Committee told APA on Monday.
In its statement, the Committee said: “Created with the support of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2001, the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has over the past period done a lot for Azerbaijanis in Russia in building relations with each other, their integration into Russian society, and the development of Azerbaijan-Russia bilateral ties.
“The congress has initiated a number of successful projects aimed at raising awareness in Russia of the Azerbaijani realities, having our cultural heritage recognized, and strengthening national solidarity among our fellow countrymen and women,” said the Committee. “Having succeeded in building efficient cooperation between relevant state bodies of Azerbaijan and Russia, the Congress has strived to further deepen strategic partnership relations between our countries, relying on centuries-old traditions of friendship connecting our peoples. It is no coincidence that at the second meeting of the Congress, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin delivered long speeches, praising the organization’s work and the role of bilateral ties in development. This is a clear manifestation of the high value the two states give to the Congress.”
The Committee further stressed that the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has always tried to carry out its activities in accordance with Russia’s laws, making efforts to contribute to the strengthening of religious and ethnic tolerance in the country and the deepening of interracial friendship and intercultural dialogue. The Congress has always demonstrated a principled and coherent position as a supporter of economic progress and socio-political stability. Russia's national and state interests have been the main and invariable priorities of the organization.
All this clearly shows that the possible liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress against the backdrop of complex and contradictory processes taking place in the world and the region does not serve the interests of both countries, added Azerbaijan’s State Committee.
“The liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress or initiatives aimed at harming the organization’s reputation run contrary to the centuries-old friendship traditions based on mutual trust, as well as the spirit of strategic partnership between Azerbaijan and Russia and can serve the interests of forces that stand against the development of these relations,” said the Committee’s statement.
“The Azerbaijani public, as well as the millions-strong Azerbaijani community in Russia are hopeful that Russia’s relevant authorities will take an objective, fair decision meeting the national interests of the two countries, and the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, as an organization playing an important in the development of bilateral relations, will continue its successful activities in strengthening cultural and spiritual unity among our compatriots and will contribute to the strengthening of the friendship between Azerbaijan and Russia,” concluded the State Committee.
The Russian Ministry of Justice appealed to the country’s Supreme Court to liquidate the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress. The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress in its activity allegedly violated the legislation of the Russian Federation.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 31.03.2017Russian Ministry of Justice appeals to Supreme Court for abolishment of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan praised as 'Beacon of Religious Tolerance' following visit by children from Atlanta Jewish Academy
- 17.03.2017Khojaly – a heartrending artistic inspiration – highlighted in Paris