State Committee comments on reports of liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
The State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Diaspora has shed light on reports of the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress.
“Media reports that the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation has appealed to the Supreme Court for the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has caused a lot of concern in Azerbaijan as well as among the millions-strong Azerbaijani diaspora in Russia,” the Committee told APA on Monday.
In its statement, the Committee said: “Created with the support of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2001, the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has over the past period done a lot for Azerbaijanis in Russia in building relations with each other, their integration into Russian society, and the development of Azerbaijan-Russia bilateral ties.
“The congress has initiated a number of successful projects aimed at raising awareness in Russia of the Azerbaijani realities, having our cultural heritage recognized, and strengthening national solidarity among our fellow countrymen and women,” said the Committee. “Having succeeded in building efficient cooperation between relevant state bodies of Azerbaijan and Russia, the Congress has strived to further deepen strategic partnership relations between our countries, relying on centuries-old traditions of friendship connecting our peoples. It is no coincidence that at the second meeting of the Congress, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin delivered long speeches, praising the organization’s work and the role of bilateral ties in development. This is a clear manifestation of the high value the two states give to the Congress.”
The Committee further stressed that the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress has always tried to carry out its activities in accordance with Russia’s laws, making efforts to contribute to the strengthening of religious and ethnic tolerance in the country and the deepening of interracial friendship and intercultural dialogue. The Congress has always demonstrated a principled and coherent position as a supporter of economic progress and socio-political stability. Russia's national and state interests have been the main and invariable priorities of the organization.
All this clearly shows that the possible liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress against the backdrop of complex and contradictory processes taking place in the world and the region does not serve the interests of both countries, added Azerbaijan’s State Committee.
“The liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress or initiatives aimed at harming the organization’s reputation run contrary to the centuries-old friendship traditions based on mutual trust, as well as the spirit of strategic partnership between Azerbaijan and Russia and can serve the interests of forces that stand against the development of these relations,” said the Committee’s statement.
“The Azerbaijani public, as well as the millions-strong Azerbaijani community in Russia are hopeful that Russia’s relevant authorities will take an objective, fair decision meeting the national interests of the two countries, and the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress, as an organization playing an important in the development of bilateral relations, will continue its successful activities in strengthening cultural and spiritual unity among our compatriots and will contribute to the strengthening of the friendship between Azerbaijan and Russia,” concluded the State Committee.
The Russian Ministry of Justice appealed to the country’s Supreme Court to liquidate the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress. The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress in its activity allegedly violated the legislation of the Russian Federation.
Related news releases
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 04.04.2017UN chief’s possible participation in Baku Forum discussed in New York
- 04.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community expresses protest over liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 31.03.2017Russian Ministry of Justice appeals to Supreme Court for abolishment of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan praised as 'Beacon of Religious Tolerance' following visit by children from Atlanta Jewish Academy
- 17.03.2017Khojaly – a heartrending artistic inspiration – highlighted in Paris