Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) hosted a meeting with representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe.
The meeting was co-organized by the Congress of European Azerbaijanis (CEA) and the Azerbaijani Youth Council in Poland, APA reports.
The meeting was attended by Head of ODIHR's Human Rights Department Omer Fisher, OSCE/ODIHR Election Adviser Radivoje Grujić, President of CEA Sahil Gasimov, Chairman of the Azerbaijani Youth Council in Poland Nail Ahmad, Vice Presidents of the CEA, Chairman of Germany-Azerbaijan Culture Society Yashar Niftaliyev, Chairman of the United Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine Rovshan Tagiyev, members of the CEA, Co-chairs of the Finnish-Azerbaijani Association Vasif Muradli and Arzu Muradli, Chairman of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress Elsever Mammadov, Chairperson of the Friends of Switzerland Friendship Association Arzu Aliyeva.
President of CEA Sahil Gasimov informed the participants about the activity of the Azerbaijanis in Europe.
He noted that the OSCE/ODIHR's preliminary opinion on the April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan caused concerns of the Azerbaijanis living in Europe.
"We are citizens of European countries, and therefore are taxpayers here. Unfortunately, some European institutions that are financed by taxes paid by us businessmen have taken some unfair steps. In this regard, the European standards of double standards on our historical homeland are of serious concern to us and we would like answers to our questions. We have come here as a European citizen, in a mutual form, as a friend," he added.
Radivoje Grujić said that OSCE/ODIHR rapporteurs were in Azerbaijan in February before the presidential election in order to observe pre-election situation in the country.
“I can say that even if there were some inequalities, the election administration was highly organized in Azerbaijan. We have had a report on this issue, which is already known to public. Pre-election and election observation opportunities of international observers were also organized in a high form,” he said. The adviser noted that at present, an extended document covering all the details on the election results is being prepared on behalf of the ODIHR and will be revealed soon.
In response, Gasimov pointed to serious contradictions in the preliminary election report.
“For example, the ODIHR issued a positive opinion on the election in Armenia, but it revealed soon that this is not true as the Armenian people proved that they do not recognize the regime of Serzh Sargsyan in mass rallies. However, you have issued completely different opinions about Azerbaijan,” he said.
Later, the Congress of European Azerbaijanis submitted a statement to the OSCE ODIHR.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora