President Ilham Aliyev: "We need to bring to the world the truth about Azerbaijan"
Baku-APA. "The target number one for Armenians worldwide is Azerbaijan. I already talked about this, and I want to reiterate that our main enemy - is the Armenian lobby. I can say and prove it at any audiences”, - said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at a meeting with members of the Board of the Press Council on the occasion of the 140th anniversary of the national press.
According to him, it does not apply to the Armenian nation: "The Armenian people suffer from the criminal regime of the dictatorship. This regime has put the Armenian people in a terrible situation, that in order to overcome it, you may need 100 years. However, the Armenian lobby, structure, united in several organizations, day and night, trying to blacken, slanders Azerbaijan, to undermine his authority. They have a broad financial, communications. They are closely connected with the authorities of the countries where, working with legislators, pay them. The truth is hidden under the name of "lobbying." But, in fact, it is - a bribe. Thus, the Armenian lobby is at the forefront of an organized campaign against us. But united with them the structure, another category of people is carried out against us very dirty campaign. It probably will continue. We should be ready, and we are ready for it. "
President Ilham Aliyev stressed that the campaign had no effect and had no impact on domestic and foreign policy of Azerbaijan: "The source of our policy is the Azerbaijani people, its will and its interests. Today, Azerbaijan's policy is based on the will of the people. This is the main factor in matters of both domestic and foreign policy. Of course, we will not deviate from our path and we will successfully develop our country. But we must also be prepared for the fact that we will continue to face in the different organs of the foreign press to offensive articles related to Azerbaijan written on the basis of lies. What to do? First of all, we must bring to the world the truth about Azerbaijan. In this direction, we are actively working. As public bodies acting in Azerbaijan public organizations, as well as our media spend a lot of work in this area. I think that in the future web sites in foreign languages should be even greater. Today, these sites are, and we need to increase their number. I believe that most rated Internet sites Azerbaijan should certainly have options, and in other languages, as we, of course, to identify, see the existing problems in the country, we try to resolve them. But we need to bring to the world the truth about Azerbaijan. How is the modern Azerbaijan? What kind of success achieved? What is the contribution made to the world's treasury? In this regard, much remains to be done. Here, of course, it must also be state support and will. In particular, today, more work should be carried out in the Internet space, as with time people are online more information will need to expose much. We have to exposure Armenian propaganda. We need to bring to the world community that is behind the attacks against us. This is a very simple approach. Why the Armenian lobby is conducts this activity against us? First of all, because of the hostility. We are their eternal enemies. Let no one ever forget about it."
The Head of State pointed out that on the other hand they are trying to prove that in Azerbaijan there is no democracy, human rights are violated, and thus, the Armenian minority in the future can not live within Azerbaijan: "This is absurd. Azerbaijan is a multiethnic, multi-confessional country. Representatives of all nationalities, religions live in Azerbaijan as brothers. In our country we have created a unique environment, which today can be an example for many countries. But precisely this is the main thesis behind this propaganda and anti-Azerbaijani campaign. Again, the theme of Karabakh, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Therefore, we need to introduce Azerbaijan to the world media space as a modern, growing, open, tolerant country. At the same time we need to raise awareness as a historical reality, Azerbaijan's position related to the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the current situation as a whole, since Armenia is constantly trying to prevent the release of information on the merits. Yes, they say, they say, there is a conflict, let's solve it peacefully. But how did this conflict? What is the reason? Who is the occupier? Who - the victim of the occupation? That is about it, of course, neither they, nor being in collusion with them. Foreign media structures provide no information. This mission falls upon us, we must do it. "
President of Azerbaijan stressed the need to maintain closer ties with foreign media resources, "I know that today, foreign journalists occasionally come to Azerbaijan. At the same time after their arrival in our country disappears completely inadequate opinion about Azerbaijan, formed in result of Armenian propaganda. Therefore, it is important to invite representatives of the foreign media of Azerbaijan, as well as to organize foreign trips of Azerbaijani journalists. It should create a form of cooperation with the leading Western media organizations, be consulted or simply exchanging information. In this way we will be able to get more access to foreign media space in the first place to bring to the world community the truth about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Sure, that is fair that the Armenian side will not be able to counter any argument to our arguments. Nagorno-Karabakh is native Azerbaijani land. Not only Nagorno-Karabakh but also Armenia today is native Azerbaijani land. You know it better than anyone. The names of the absolute majority of towns and villages in the territory of present-day Armenia are of Azerbaijani origin, the Azerbaijani people for centuries lived in these lands."
President Ilham Aliyev stressed that the legal side of the issue clearly supports the position of Azerbaijan: "There are four UN Security Council resolutions. The UN Security Council did not take any resolution related to whatever was another conflict in the post-Soviet space. That is - the main document for the resolution of issues. That is, in this are legal, historical factors and Armenia today, just like a puppet exists in the region through foreign donations. Armenia has long lost its independence. At best, it is called an outpost. In essence, it is a waiter in the region. If the choice of the Armenian people is this, then we can not say anything. But I do not believe that the Armenian people during the period when he lived the dream of independence, represented here this independence, and why? The occupation policy. Were it not for the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the Armenian people, of course, could acquire real independence. In short, I think that our activity in the foreign media space should be carried out here in these two areas - the truth related to the conflict, and the truth is related with Azerbaijani realities. We have to bring it."
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 24.07.2015“Yerevan city. How was Turkic-Islamic existence destroyed” book by Nazim Mustafa published in Ankara
- 29.07.2015French city Colmar to host cultural events dedicated to Azerbaijan
- 30.07.2015Nikolayev's Vice-Governor: “We are ready to provide support to erect monument on Khojaly genocide”
- 09.07.2015Former Azerbaijani deputy of Luhansk regional council killed
- 09.07.2015CEC holds seminar dedicated to preparation and publication of financial reports of political parties
- 08.07.2015TEAS not allowed to attend meeting with Bako Sahakyan at Chatham House