Police raid Azerbaijani businessman’s birthday party in Russia - VİDEO
An eyewitness of the incident, Mehman Aghamuradov, told APA that Russian police raided the restaurant around 9:00pm on March 30, detaining up to a hundred Azerbaijanis, among whom he said were women and children as well. Well-known Azerbaijani meykhana masters Ehtiram and Intigam Rustamov, who had been invited from Baku, were also among the people who were detained.
Mehman said the party, attended by about 160 Azerbaijanis living in Yekaterinburg, was dedicated to the jubilee of Aghayar Aghayev, an Azerbaijani businessman.
“There’d been nothing wrong until we were suddenly assaulted by special forces who entered the hall from the windows and the door. They laid us all on the floor and tied our hands, without discriminating women and children. They took about a hundred Azerbaijanis, including me, to a police department, where we were held in detention till the morning. We were then released but given no explanation [as to why had been detained]. They just released the detainees in fives and tens. We had not seen such an incident before,” he added.
Russian media reported that special forces have raided the gathering of crime bosses in Yekaterinburg.
The regional department of the Russian Interior Ministry said a substance similar to drug, as well as a knife and a bat were seized from the site.
According to the local media, a criminal “gathering” was held in a restaurant called “Gulyaki” in Yekaterinburg, March 30. It is reported that Rovshan Lankaransky, a well-known Azerbaijani crime boss, wanted to appoint Aghayar Aghayev as a “controller” in the Ural region. In this regard, Aghayar Aghayev organized a party attended by with a number of crime bosses, including Ali from Pervouralsk, Vagif (Kamyshlova), “Yugra Javanshir”, etc. Aghayev also invited guests from Baku. Among the guests were Azerbaijani meykhana masters Ehtiram and Intigam Rustamov, Nijat Menali, as well as the musical group “Lights of Baku”.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 08.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest rally outside Armenian embassy in Copenhagen
- 19.04.2016Trial begins of Armenians suspected of involvement in murdering Azerbaijani diaspora leader in Ukraine
- 20.04.2016Jean-Pierre Allali: Azerbaijan - rare example of tolerance and openness
- 31.03.2016Azerbaijanis living in Europe appeals to int’l organizations
- 30.03.2016Agenda of Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting made public
- 26.03.2016Ukraine initiates criminal case against LPR prosecutor general